British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the photo linked above, where HM seems to be looking at Kate's shoes, you can see a man to HM's right (almost out of the picture) who is also looking down; he and HM both seem to be looking at something to the right of Catherine (from HM's p.o.v.) It almost seems she's looking at Camilla's shoes (which are so much like her own) and thinking about them, but then you see that other man has also found cause to look down. The man is looking at a spot almost directly in front of himself (but perhaps out of our view) and the Queen seems to be looking at the same spot.

At any rate, I don't think she's disapproving of Catherine's shoes. She would have seen them earlier anyway.

The wives clearly receive some training regarding their word pronunciation, Sophie was never half as posh as she sounds now than when she began.

I don't think so. IMHO it's just that the people they work with and are surrounded by have a high level of education and thus speak very properly.
There once was a phonetical research into how the queen changed her way to speak over the years as could be heard from her annual Christmas speech and the result was that she over the years lost her very upper-class and posh accent and the high-pitched voice. The scientists claimed that was because she has had so much contact with "normal" people. With the new family members it is in the beginning probably vice-versa.

OK here's how today will go down
Robert Jobson ‏ @theroyaleditor #DiamondJubilee The Queen's UK Jubilee tour starts today in Leicester with Kate and Prince Philip at her side. Should be big crowds.The Duchess of Cambridge, the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh will travel together to Leicester by train before visiting the city.Their first stop for The Queen, Kate & Philip is De Montfort University with a stop in De Montfort Square en route to watch cultural dances.The Queen, Kate and the Philip will check out local projects and charities at the university.The Queen and Kate will watch a student fashion parade at the university - wannabe Kate's in see-thru outfits? (re St Andrews) I doubt it.Fashion Queen Kate will pick her favourite pair of shoes designed by one of 6 students - kick-starting their career by royal appointment.Prince Philip will skip fashion and go alone to view the Square Mile project - the uni programme to help the local community.The Queen, Kate and Philip will also visit Leicester Cathedral for service of Christian worship as well as other faiths.Queen, Kate and Philip will lunch in the Grand Hall at St Martins House and before going to Clock Tower to get a gift from the City. The Queen, the Duke and the Duchess of Cambridge will also witness a performance on a theme of the Holi Festival, entitled "60 colours".

When does the event start? Seems like packed day with events but sounds interesting.
Why is it only Kate form the family and not Chrales or Duchess or Cornwall?

I believe they're due to arrive in Leicester at 11:30, which is about an hour and 20 mins away.

I think the Queen will be joined by other children and grandchildren at various times over the course of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations. It probably just made sense to take Kate along while William is away and she's staying in London, as opposed to Wales.

Shall I get all the inevitable criticisms out of the way? Hair down, dress too short, heels too high, boring colour, touching her hair, too much make-up. Repeat ad infinitum.

Shall I get all the inevitable criticisms out of the way? Hair down, dress too short, heels too high, boring colour, touching her hair, too much make-up. Repeat ad infinitum.

I don't think her outfit is too short. I wish she would her hair up with a hat. I would love to see her in color especially around the Queen who is always so confident in vibrant colors.

Queen begins jubilee tour by train
herefordtimes.com

Last edited:
The train is just pulling into Leicester now. It's a scheduled service, not the Royal Train at all.

Kate's outfit is a kind of navy blue. It's by LK Bennet, hat by James Lock, and shoes by Episode.

Wow, the crowds are massive.

Last edited:
no bright color for Kate : it's a sad day today, britain lost 6 heroes in afghanistan. The Queen wears always bright color whenever the occasion, Kate is the wife and sister in law of military personal.

Very funny! What about poor quality of clothing?

Very funny! What about poor quality of clothing?

I forgot that one, thanks for the reminder Muriel. ;)

Leicester is a very multicultural city, 25% of its residents are of Asian descent. The royals have arrived at DeMontfort University and watched a performance of I think Bollywood style dancing and a gospel choir.

Kate being very careful to stay behind HM and the DoE

Apparently some of the crowds have been waiting since midnight to get a good spot. I would say there are thousands of people there.

The royals now conducting a walkabout.

great great great!!!!! the royal jubilee start!!! It's toooooo nica see the queen and the future queen together!!!! kate look so relax!

I think the Queen must have given Kate some subtle coaching on allowing for a good picture :) At their last joint engagement together, there weren't very many good pictures of them both looking at the camera at the same time. They seem much more in sync on this engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom