British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely, all. Anyone know what tartans the DOE and POW have on? The Queen looks spectacular in that pale heathery lavender.
I'm fairly certain Prince Philip is wearing the Gordon tartan. He is entitled to wearing that tartan as Royal Colonel of Highlanders (Seaforth, Gordons and Camerons) who use Gordon tartan when wearing kilts (although they use Seaforth Mackenzie when in trews).
Initially, I thought he might be wearing one of the Royal tartans - the Prince Regent one - but there is no red in Philip's kilt and the lines don't match either.

Prince Charles is wearing the Hunting Stewart (not Royal Stewart) tartan.

Last edited:
Thanks, Artemesia - I wish I could get better at ID'ing tartans. I'm working on it.

:previous:
You are welcome. :)
Here is a very useful website for Royal Tartans: there are unfortunately only a few pictures, but the background information is sound.
Of course, both Prince Charles and Prince Philip often wear tartans of the Regiments they are Royal Colonels of, making identification a bit harder.

Last edited:
:previous:
Prince Philip looks great, and so does Her Majesty. :)
Gallery from Getty

They both look absolutely wonderful! It's lovely to see Her Majesty's smile :D. I'd love to know what was so amusing though. In some shots, it looks like they're full out laughing :D.

I always love the fact that Camilla wears a beret with a feather in Scotland - I know it is traditional and that I have probably used the wrong term but I still like how she dresses.

Anne even looked good as well.

I always love the fact that Camilla wears a beret with a feather in Scotland - I know it is traditional and that I have probably used the wrong term but I still like how she dresses.

Anne even looked good as well.

I believe its called a tam o'shanter in Scotland.

With Camilla wearing a tam and Charles always in his kilt, you can tell these two really have a love affair with Scotland.

I believe its called a tam o'shanter in Scotland.

With Camilla wearing a tam and Charles always in his kilt, you can tell these two really have a love affair with Scotland.

Thank you - I knew it had a special name.

Queen and Prince Philip pictured for the first time after the Duke’s illness as they cheer on spectators at Highland Games
It's been a difficult summer for The Queen, who was left shell-shocked when naked pictures of her grandson Prince Harry appeared online just weeks after her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh, was taken to hospital for the third time in eight months. But Her Majesty looked to be in good spirits today as she cheered on competitors during a sack race at the Braemar Gathering in Scotland. Clearly amused by the antics, the 86-year-old monarch was pictured laughing out loud and gesturing with her hands as she sat alongside her husband during the event.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks it's cute they did this together? Prince Philip makes me laugh every time I see him, and it's nice to see his son with him. Future Duke of Edinburgh and the present Duke. Nice touch.

Not only do I agree w/you Molly, but how fantastic is it to see Prince Phillip out and about and looking so great after his health scares earlier this year? HRH looks like his old feisty self and it's wonderful to see!!

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter Screams from excited fans outside Buckingham Palace just now, as the Duchess of Cambridge arrived for the Royal Family's pre-Xmas lunch

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter Kate, accompanied by a detective, arrived a few minutes after Prince William, who was driven in with Viscount Linley.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter Camilla, as usual, gave the crowd a big smile. Kate, last to arrive, was driven in at high speed. Harry is in Afghanistan. No sign of Zara.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter Around 40 members of the extended Royal Family are at the palace lunch, including Charles, Camilla, Andrew and his girls, Edward and Sophie.

Last edited:
I love the Christmas pre lunch; we only ever see images of the family arriving. I imagine they will all be there. Even Louise and James attend this lunch.

Hope we see some images of the family arriving. :)

Glowing Duchess of Cambridge joins Royals at Buckingham Palace Christmas Lunch

Some more images in this link. Lovely to see everyone there. Seeing Sophie wearing her glasses when she drives always makes me giggle. Nice to see Beatrice drive herself.

Last edited:
That's the childrens nanny next to Sophie.

I've seen her with the children before.

The woman next to Sophie is their children's Nanny. She goes with them everywhere. Literally.

Isopix have some more images. Xan and Cosima Windsor are ADORABLE!

Yeah, the Wessex's nanny is with them all the time. That's why I recognized her right away. Very nice pictures. Looks like William & Catherine came from different directions to the lunch but left together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom