British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the links and coverage! Delightful. I wish we all had hampers too - we could have a tea party.

I think we're likely to at some stage Molly. I think if Philip is easing off a little bit, the Queen's children will join HM on at least a few occasions.

Maybe even some grandchildren; Beatrice or Eugenie could help out.

I'd love to see Beatrice or Eugenie accompany the Queen, that would be lovely. Shame Lady Louise is too young, she'd love a trip out with Granny! I hope Sophie attends something with the Queen, i'd love to see them interact in public considering they're meant to be very close.

Thanks for all the links to images and videos, i'd LOVE a F&M hamper for myself.

I had that reaction too! Goodness, now the chocolate pudding in my fridge is not cutting it :D.
I just had a whole red velvet cupcake with vanilla latte and now I'm stuffed. I have the royal ladies to thank for that! :lol: I dunno why but I'm thoroughly enjoying watching the videos again and again more so then normal. Should be fun seeing Catherine the Queen and the DOE together next week, though I hope they do it a bit later on in the day, I wanna be around this time!

Last edited:
Oh, yum, a tea party sounds good right about now. I've got enough teapots to host several at one time....now for a tea hamper from F&M.

Seeing the Queen together with the Duchesses was wonderful! I am slightly confused to see that the Queen never spoke with Catherine. I saw the Queen looking quizzically at Catherine's feet in one picture, but otherwise the Queen did not look at Catherine. Camilla seemed to be in the middle speaking with the Queen or speaking with Catherine. Is this just my imagination, or has anyone else noticed?

This is a link to the picture:
http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Kate+Middleton/The+Royals+Visit+Fortnum+Mason/dv9FZoPdQmu

Last edited:
Last edited:
What woman doesn't love chocolate? Heard Kate's admission she loves chocolate loud and clear! Thanks for the videos, Ghost Night!

Great photos.Lovely pictures of the three women together.

I just had a whole red velvet cupcake with vanilla latte and now I'm stuffed. I have the royal ladies to thank for that! :lol: I dunno why but I'm thoroughly enjoying watching the videos again and again more so then normal. Should be fun seeing Catherine the Queen and the DOE together next week, though I hope they do it a bit later on in the day, I wanna be around this time!

Red velvet cupcakes are delicious :lol:. The videos are very enjoyable and I'm watching them too. Everyone did such a fabulous job.

Oh, yum, a tea party sounds good right about now. I've got enough teapots to host several at one time....now for a tea hamper from F&M.

Oooh :lol:! I love some good tea :D! The treats in the hamper looked delicious for a good tea party :lol:.

What woman doesn't love chocolate? Heard Kate's admission she loves chocolate loud and clear! Thanks for the videos, Ghost Night!

That was probably one of my favorite parts :lol:. I'm a chocoholic, so I can absolutely relate to her.

I'd love to see Beatrice or Eugenie accompany the Queen, that would be lovely. Shame Lady Louise is too young, she'd love a trip out with Granny! I hope Sophie attends something with the Queen, i'd love to see them interact in public considering they're meant to be very close.

Thanks for all the links to images and videos, i'd LOVE a F&M hamper for myself.

I'd love to see Lady Louise with her Granny on a day out. I think she would love it. I think it's great that Eugenie and Beatrice will be helping Her Majesty with some engagements, and I too would love to see Sophie have some engagements with her mother-in-law.

Last edited:
It was so nice to see these three ladies on an engagement together! I admit that Camilla and Catherine seemed to stick together while the Queen did her own thing, but I'm sure it was actually planned that way. After all, stuff like this tends to be planned down to the last detail.

Even if the Queen is the highest lady of the land, Catherine is the rising star. I love that she is doing engagements with the Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall because she can bring more attention to both of them.

I visited Fortnum and Mason when I was in London many, many years ago and would gladly go back in a heartbeat! Is it wishful thinking to hope that I can get one of those picnic hampers shipped to the colonies?

Finally, it would be nice to see Lady Louise accompanying the Queen on an engagement, though I think her parents would rather shield her from the spotlight for a bit longer. But the idea got me thinking: could Louise and James be staying with Granny while their parents are on a Jubilee tour? I'm sure they have a nanny taking care of them, and their schools are in the Windsor area so they probably aren't spending the night at Buckingham Palace. But I'll bet they have some doting grandparents on the weekends when the Queen and DoE are in residence at Windsor!

Seeing the Queen together with the Duchesses was wonderful! I am slightly confused to see that the Queen never spoke with Catherine. I saw the Queen looking quizzically at Catherine's feet in one picture, but otherwise the Queen did not look at Catherine. Camilla seemed to be in the middle speaking with the Queen or speaking with Catherine. Is this just my imagination, or has anyone else noticed?

We only got to see some minutes on video and the fact that HM did not speak to Catherine then doesn't matter much - she could talk to Catherine to her heart's delight in the car on the way forth and back. I believe the fact alone that the queen took Catherine with her speaks aloud of her liking for the new addition to the family.

There's some really cute photos on newscom just type in cambridge on the search.

I believe the fact alone that the queen took Catherine with her speaks aloud of her liking for the new addition to the family.

Yes, I do hope the Queen does like and appreciate Catherine. Perhaps I am overly sensitive to appearances, it seems unnatural to me not to see any eye contact or conversation between them.
I have added a picture of the Queen's quizzical look at Catherine's shoes. I wonder what the Queen is thinking?!
http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Kate+Middleton/The+Royals+Visit+Fortnum+Mason/dv9FZoPdQmu

Duke of Marmalade said:
Kate looks completely intimideted (at least in public) by the two senior royal women.

I agree, but I guess that's to be expected for her first engagement with them. I think the royals are being protective of Catherine while William is away.

It was really interesting to watch these three women together yesterday.
Thank you to everyone for the pictures and general updates! :flowers:

That was very funny. I bet the Corgis and Lupo were in doggy heaven later in the day :D.

Camilla has two dogs at Clarence House, too. Terriers, I think. Isn't one named Rosie? So all the Royal dogs will be in for a treat...

Just found that it's in fact two Jack Russels, Tosca and Rosie, plus Beth, the dog she adopted from the Battersea animal shelter.

I love the cake, it looks yummy! :wub: Is it just me or Catherine seems to be very interested in that crown?! :lol:

Yes, I do hope the Queen does like and appreciate Catherine. Perhaps I am overly sensitive to appearances, it seems unnatural to me not to see any eye contact or conversation between them.
I have added a picture of the Queen's quizzical look at Catherine's shoes. I wonder what the Queen is thinking?!

'Those resemble stilts! Better her than me'. Just my interpretation of course :D. She could also be thinking that perhaps once Catherine gets home, she'll want to throw those shoes in the very back of her closet due to achy feet.

Camilla has two dogs at Clarence House, too. Terriers, I think. Isn't one named Rosie? So all the Royal dogs will be in for a treat...

Just found that it's in fact two Jack Russels, Tosca and Rosie, plus Beth, the dog she adopted from the Battersea animal shelter.

Thank you for the information. I remembered that she had a dog named Beth that was adopted, but didn't know if she was staying with her or not. Well, I'm happy all of their four-legged friends got yummy treats then.

I love the cake, it looks yummy! :wub: Is it just me or Catherine seems to be very interested in that crown?! :lol:

Probably because it looks as if it was made from marcipan.... Or maybe she tries to remember the details to describe it to her brother, the cake designer...

great great day!we can only remember a image like this in the queen, queenmother and diana in the 80`s.

Last edited:
Red velvet cupcakes are delicious :lol:. The videos are very enjoyable and I'm watching them too. Everyone did such a fabulous job.
I love the part where Catherine grabs a chocolate and quickly puts it in her mouth. Her face is so cute like a little kid trying not to get caught:lol:

Last edited:
I'd love to see Lady Louise with her Granny on a day out. I think she would love it. I think it's great that Eugenie and Beatrice will be helping Her Majesty with some engagements, and I too would love to see Sophie have some engagements with her mother-in-law.

Where have you read that Beatrice and Eugenie are going to be helping The Queen with engagements? Molly said
I'd love to see Beatrice or Eugenie accompany the Queen, that would be lovely/

As Eugenie is still a full-time univeristy student I would be highly surprised as the normal practice has been to allow the young royals to finish their education before doing anything big time.

In addition all the evidence is that the York girls are not going to be doing royal duties at all and thus to have the accompany HM would send the opposite message.

Louise will not do engagements with anyone ever. She is being raised to be a totally private individual who will have the chance for an almost completely private life, like Peter Philips, as she grows up. She is already down to 9th in line and will only drop further and further as her cousins continue to marry and have their own families.

Don't forget that the photo is only a two-dimensional presentation. It's possible that the Queen was looking at something else and we can't see that in the current perspective.

I'm sure HM and Catherine were able to talk in the car before the engagement and afterwards. The fact that they arrived and left together could mean that they spent time together at Buckingham Palace before or after the event. But during the actual event, the Queen would have wanted to make sure she spoke to as many of the Fortnum and Mason employees as possible.

Where have you read that Beatrice and Eugenie are going to be helping The Queen with engagements? Molly said

As Eugenie is still a full-time univeristy student I would be highly surprised as the normal practice has been to allow the young royals to finish their education before doing anything big time.

In addition all the evidence is that the York girls are not going to be doing royal duties at all and thus to have the accompany HM would send the opposite message.

Louise will not do engagements with anyone ever. She is being raised to be a totally private individual who will have the chance for an almost completely private life, like Peter Philips, as she grows up. She is already down to 9th in line and will only drop further and further as her cousins continue to marry and have their own families.

I'd imagine if Catherine attended, as a wife of one the Queen's grandson's, then perhaps Beatrice and Eugenie may attend with the Queen? I know William and Harry both do engagements, whereas the Princesses don't, but it would be nice to see them go with Granny. I know Lady Louise will never attend any enagements with the Queen, nor will she ever attend any with her parents, but it is a nice image to think of her with the Queen opening something. She'd love it.

Camilla's voice is very deep, isn't it? What I noticed about Catherine when she speaks is how clipped her voice is. The wives clearly receive some training regarding their word pronunciation, Sophie was never half as posh as she sounds now than when she began.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom