British Royal Family Current Events 4: March 2007-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
UKRoyalCoatofArms.jpg

Welcome to the British Royal Family current events 4
commencing March 2007

Part 3, covering the period June 2006 to March 2007 can be found here
o

Last edited:
Prince Charles to 'support' the Queen at Commonwealth Conference

Queen Elizabeth II and her son, Prince Charles, will both attend the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Uganda this year, Buckingham Palace announced in London Thursday. It will be the first time for Prince Charles, 58, to attend a meeting of leaders of Commonwealth countries which takes place every two years, Clarence House said.
Royal watchers said it was extremely rare for both the monarch and the heir to the throne to be in the same overseas country at the same time on official duties.
Prince Charles would be accompanied by his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, during the visit to Kampala in November.
"The prince was asked to go by the president of Uganda and he is very pleased to go," said a spokeswoman.

It's great to see the family out about again.It is strange seeing that the Countess chose to go with the colour of black and white theme this time, i don't mind with her hat at all, she looked fine. The Queen looked great again with this lovely purple outfit and opted with a new flowery hat.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall sttended the Easter Service at Crathie Kirk, Balmoral, Scotland. This is Camilla's first public appearance after the operation.
Picture: Prince Charles and Camilla
(credit: Hornsen, originally posted in Charles and Camilla Current Events thread).

Lovely pics everyone. Nice to see Camilla back out. Glad she's doing well. Wonder why Charles looks so red in the photo?

Aurora810 said:
Lovely pics everyone. Nice to see Camilla back out. Glad she's doing well. Wonder why Charles looks so red in the photo?
From time to time, his face looks red, something totally normal..:)

Here is another picture gallery from abaca: Easter 2007
I missed Beatrice and Eugenie this year, but I loved Sophie's white dress and as to the fact that the younger generation was missing, the Queen was the real star this time, colourful and charming, very nice :)

Loved the Queen's hat and how the Duke's tie compliments the Queen's outfit. I think the Queen genuinely enjoys the company of Sophie and it seems as if it has now become a regular thing that Sophie accompanies the Queen in the car. It happened at Xmas as well.

Stellad

stellad said:
I think the Queen genuinely enjoys the company of Sophie and it seems as if it has now become a regular thing that Sophie accompanies the Queen in the car. It happened at Xmas as well.
It's been this way for a few years now; Sophie and HM in the back seat of the car: the right royal seal of approval. :)

Chic Royal ladies parade eye-catching Easter bonnets

Onlookers at Windsor Castle were treated to an extra stylish Easter parade on Sunday as the Royal family's leading ladies tipped their hats to spring. Sophie, Countess of Wessex, led the way with a slant-brimmed white straw creation bearing a flourish of black feathers as she joined more than 400 people for an Easter service in St George's Chapel.
Also displaying her sartorial savvy was Princess Anne, who opted for a nautical-style lemon and navy stripe affair. But there was no doubt as to who had the best bonnet of all.

Pictures:
The Queen
Princess Anne
Countess of Wessex

sophie look great and very happy!
the princesses princess and beatrice go to the church?

Neither Princess Beatrice or Eugenie, nor the Wales family were present there.

Eugenie & Beatrice don't go unless their father is there. Prince Andrew is in Guyana right now on a private visit, but he may be in Brazil by now.

sophie

i loved that outfit sophie had on. i might be wrong but if you have a young child in the family the mother is suppose to ride with the queen?

I think that Sophie is a favorite of the Queen's (and Lady Louise's age has no bearing on that). The Queen really seemed to bond with Sophie after Sophie's ectopic pregnancy. And, from what I have read, the Queen might sense that in Sophie she finally has a reliable daughter-in-law.

Avalon said:
Neither Princess Beatrice or Eugenie, nor the Wales family were present there.

I know that Charles and Camilla went to church in Scotland and that Harry was in the Carribean but does anyone know if William was on duty or whether he attended church with his regiment?

I assume that the other royals went to church somewhere but just not at a public service type situation.

As Andrew was in Guayana (sp) I assume that the girls were with their Mum. I wonder if they went to church somewhere with her?

ROYAL SUPPORT FOR THE SCOUTING AND GUIDING MOVEMENTS

On 22 April 2007, The Queen will review the annual Queen's Scouts Parade at Windsor Castle. 2007 also marks the centenary of the Scout movement in the UK.
This month's Focus looks at Royal connections to the Scouting and Guiding movements, from members of the Royal Family who were involved as children in the organisations, to links with the Sovereign and royalty which the Scouts and Guides still enjoy today.
The article also includes some rare and beautiful pictures.

Queen Elizabeth is elegant dress and big hat beautiful.!!! Queen is over 80 age and good healt!! Queen with royal family and duchess Camilla sitting car. Duchess Camilla see out good healt and happy!

Does anyone have any picture of Members of The Royal Family Attending the Service for The Royal Victorian Order at St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle on Friday, 20th April 2007

I wonder who in the BRF will attend Yeltsin's funeral. I hope the person/people who will represent The Queen at the funeral of Yeltsin is a very senior member, if not the Queen herself, I hope for The Prince of Wales or the Duke of Edinburgh. Anyone else besides those three, or one of them, would be a bit insulting to the great importance of this man.

I severly doubt if Her Majesty will attend Yeltsin's funeral, after all Kings and Queens are not even given this honour by The Queen. The United Kingdom will probably be represented by a Government Minister or maby even The British Ambassador to Moscow, I am almost certain there will be no Royal presence at all, not even European.

Well, if no royal presence, I would hope at least the Prime Minister. I think considering the magnitude of Yeltsin's impact (better or worse, I should think a political analysis inappropriate discussion here) no matter what anyone's personal view of the man, Heads of State should as a general rule be all present. If the Queen cannot do it, that's understandable, because she so rarely does this at all, but at least a senior member of her family, or the Prime Minister. No less, I should hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jose said:
Queen Elizabeth is elegant dress and big hat beautiful.!!! Queen is over 80 age and good healt!! Queen with royal family and duchess Camilla sitting car. Duchess Camilla see out good healt and happy!
Sorry if i did not catch up, Jose but when was the event you mentioned The Queen along with the Royal Family as well as the Duchess of Cornwall sit in car together?I do not think of any events recently yet. The only event gather members of the Royal Family recently was the Order of Victoria Service held in St. George's Chapel which was mentioned by RoyalProtocol.However as i have read on GREMB that from the Queen's children only the Earl of Wessex and The Princess Royal (who was installed as Grand Master of the Order) and her husband. Unfortunately, i have been researched alo these days but no photos from any agencies of both events:Royal Victoria Order Service and Queen's Scouts Parade. The press seemed focus on other matters and not get update on these events.:sad:

CasiraghiTrio said:
Well, if no royal presence, I would hope at least the Prime Minister. I think considering the magnitude of Yeltsin's impact (better or worse, I should think a political analysis inappropriate discussion here) no matter what anyone's personal view of the man, Heads of State should as a general rule be all present. If the Queen cannot do it, that's understandable, because she so rarely does this at all, but at least a senior member of her family, or the Prime Minister. No less, I should hope.

My apologies it appears that HRH The Duke of York represented Her Majesty The Queen and Sir John Major, KG also represented the UK

"Royal Weddings 1840-1947 from Queen Victoria to Queen Elizabeth II" exhibition has started at the Windsor Castle. The exhibition marks the diamond wedding anniversary of HM The Queen and HRH Prince Phillip and is on display at the Drawings Gallery, Windsor Castle from 27 April 2007 Đ March 2008.

A couple of photos:

The Queen Mother (then Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon) and King George's (then Prince Albert) private wedding photograph album
Letter of King George (then Prince Alebrt) to his parents after his engagement to Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon

Gallery of pictures from isifa.

Last edited:
Thank you for the great links, Avalon. The letter to his parents was quite lovely and enduring by a man in love with both his Elizabeth and his parents.

Looking at the early photos of the couple in the 'gardens'(?) was also a peek into a couple very much in love. Although the fashions back then made many women look "frumpy", the love struck man could easily see through the 'almost' covered woman to make her his sweet bride.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom