British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
UK_zps6c589394.png

Arms of The British Monarch

Welcome to The British Royal Family's
Current Events, Part 8

Commencing April 3, 2015

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Charles and Camilla, William and Catherine, and Harry don't usually attend Easter service with members of the royal family at Windsor. Their absence are expected. I find it odd, but that's how it is.

I don't think William or Harry has attended Easter in years have they?

So many family members there which is really nice to see.

Charles and Camilla, William and Catherine, and Harry don't usually attend Easter service with members of the royal family at Windsor. Their absence are expected. I find it odd, but that's how it is.

Should we take that as further evidence of the alleged strained relationship between the Wales family and the broader House of Windsor ?

I don't think William or Harry has attended Easter in years have they?

So many family members there which is really nice to see.

Yeah, it's been a long time for William and Harry. Charles and Camilla haven't attended has a married couple either.

Should we take that as further evidence of the alleged strained relationship between the Wales family and the broader House of Windsor ?

I'm not sure about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first easter after their marriage they were spotted in Buckleberry, next year Anglesey, next Australia. Since Kate was spotted in Norfolk on Friday and William has started his job, they are most likely in Norfolk.

The Tindalls weren't there either and they skipped Christmas too which doesn't mean they are estranged from her family either.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh have attended a traditional Easter service at St George's Chapel in Windsor this morning, accompanied by senior members of the royal family. .

Home - ITNSource News

The first easter after their marriage they were spotted in Buckleberry, next year Anglesey, next Australia. Since Kate was spotted in Norfolk on Friday and William has started his job, they are most likely in Norfolk.

The Tindalls weren't there either and they skipped Christmas too which doesn't mean they are estranged from her family either.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It do leave me wondering- will we not see George and his sister or brother at Windsor for Easter, as we did with William and Harry as children? Charles and Diana, Anne and York's always made sure the family spent Easter with the royal family at Windsor.

Last edited by a moderator:

No we shouldn't because that would be speculative and in any event, where there is no evidence one cannot have further evidence ;)

It is disappointing that the Cambridges (not to mention Harry, Charles and Camilla) did not attend the Easter events, though one day they are all going to have to at some time or another. Nonetheless, it was good to see all of those who did attend.

Charles and Camilla usually don't attend and it's been years since Harry or William were at an Easter service. I want to say they stopped attending back in the 90's.

Last edited:
:previous:

William and Catherine have spent Easter in Scotland with C&C in the past and gone to the church service.

My question - which is about the family service at Windsor - where is James? He's missing again!

I read it last year about the time that they went to church in Sydney and it was discussed with people I was with at church that day.

William and Catherine have spent Easter in Scotland with C&C in the past and gone to the church service.

My question - which is about the family service at Windsor - where is James? He's missing again!

I agree about James. At 7, it would be nice if he attended as well

Posts discussing whether or not members of the Royal Family find attending Church boring have been deleted for being speculative and/or rumour.

It is possible that Edward and Sophie have decided upon an age when their children will attend public events and that James has not reached that age yet, hence his absence.

It is possible that Edward and Sophie have decided upon an age when their children will attend public events and that James has not reached that age yet, hence his absence.
Either that or he is not ready. Kids get ready for different things at different ages, and it's not fair to the kids or the people around to bring the kid too early.

I think James has been on the balcony of Buckingham Palace for the family photos after the Trooping of the Colour. They have taken him to the Olympic games and he attends the Royal Windsor Horse Show.

I probably should have been more clear. I meant it's been years since William and Harry attended an Easter service with the rest of the royals at Windsor. William and Kate have definitely attended services elsewhere - like with C&C and the Middletons.

Didn't Louise attend her first Easter service when she was around 7 or 8? They may be following the same timeline with James, so that means we'll possibly start seeing him at church services next year.

You know...I have always wondered if the way James was cutting up at his lone Trooping Balcony appearance, and in turn stole the show from Granny, has more to do w/him not attending Easter/other big Family Events. Sure he could promise to be on his best behaviour, but kids are also kids and they love to cut a shine if given a chance.

Which James more than pounced on. :D :D. :D

Mind you, this is all IMO, but is something I have pondered on. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Any pictures of Charles and Camilla in Scotland?

What year did William and Harry stop going to Windsor for Easter?

Any pictures of Charles and Camilla in Scotland?

What year did William and Harry stop going to Windsor for Easter?

Charles, William and Harry stopped going to Windsor for Easter in the mid-90's, I believe. I went through the pictures on Getty Images, and the last pictures I see of Charles, William and Harry at Windsor for Easter was in '95'.

phil dampier @phildampier · 4h 4 hours ago
Queen, Princes Philip Charles and Harry will be at Gurkha Pageant on June 9 to celebrate 200 years of regiment fighting with British army.

British Royals @britishroyals · 17m 17 minutes ago
The Queen, Pr Philip, William & Princess Anne will mark the 800th anniv of the Magna Carta in Runnymede on June 15th
The Queen to visit Runnymede for Magna Carta 800th anniversary celebrations - Get Surrey

Looking forward to it. I have read that actor Robert Hardy will be there- :D ;) though I don't know how true that is. If there are pics of him and the BRF and POTUS, I will be thrilled!
FYI - He may turn up at the VE or VJ thing too- he's been before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom