British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always heard that Sophie was HM's favourite in-law, but I didn't realise quite how close they just were. Lovely to see.

The Queen, accompanied by the Countess of Wessex, host a reception for The Diamond Jubilee Trust-

Their bond was born out of a near tragedy and while Sophie was recovering her M-I-L HAD her join her in the car on the way to and from church. From that simple act of kindness a deep and abiding mutual respect and love was born over the ensuing years, so hardly surprising that she should call her Mama.

Their bond was born out of a near tragedy and while Sophie was recovering her M-I-L HAD her join her in the car on the way to and from church. From that simple act of kindness a deep and abiding mutual respect and love was born over the ensuing years, so hardly surprising that she should call her Mama.

That there is a deep and close relationship between the Queen and Sophie is not debatable, IMO. I am not sure that it originated out of a car ride to church after Sophie's ectopic pregnancy though. It may all have been around that time, but that may just be co-incidental, as it was relatively early in the Wessex marriage, and not that long after Sophie had, had to give up her professional career after the NoTW revelations.

HM and Sophie make a wonderful team this is a very touching engagement I have loved watching the speech Sophie makes

I think they should have offered HM a chair. Letting stay on her feet that long was difficult to watch and for her maybe a bit hard to do.

They may have done so and she refused. As this is a reception where she tends to like to mingle it is harder for her when she is seated as she can't get away from people as easily.

Royal Variety Performance is on 18th November this year. Going by their rotating schedule it should be Charles and Camilla this year. However, they are in New Zealand at the time. Wonder who will go instead? I assume the Cambridges and the Waleses will just switch years.

British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018

The Queen will host a reception for NATO leaders at Buckingham Palace on the 3rd December. In attendance will be The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duchess of Cambridge , Princess Anne, The Earl of Wessex, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Alexandra, Lady Oglivy.

Nice to see a lot of the family at the NATO summit tonight. Anne seemed to be enjoying chatting to Macron! Even though they aren't a "leader" as HM is, it seemed that all the royals were comfortable chatting to the world leaders and other guests in the room.

Angela Merkel didn't get the dress code or had no time to change clothes? It looks like her ordinary day time wardrobe.

Angela Merkel didn't get the dress code or had no time to change clothes? It looks like her ordinary day time wardrobe.
If the men are in suits a lady can wear either a pant suit, dress suit or a dress so Angela was dressed appropriately for the occasion.

Here's a video from the Reception tonight at at the Palace.

Lovely to see Princess Anne and the Duchess of Cornwall greet each other with a kiss - they're obviously glad to see each other, or they wouldn't have bothered!
Merkel seems to butt in to HM's conversation to show off 'some women'...

In the video it appears that the duchess seems to have forgotten something before they all headed into the reception room and it was the Princess Royal who noticed it and pointed it out to her sister in law.

Love the Queen turning to see which world leader is next to greet and Anne standing there saying "its only me". Made me giggle to see in some ways they are just like the rest of us....before they walk into a room of the worlds most powerful people.

If the men are in suits a lady can wear either a pant suit, dress suit or a dress so Angela was dressed appropriately for the occasion.
well, just the usual Merkel boredom...:whistling:

In the video it appears that the duchess seems to have forgotten something before they all headed into the reception room and it was the Princess Royal who noticed it and pointed it out to her sister in law.

I think it may have been Camilla's handbag.

They both looked dressed for dinner, perhaps the goring?

They both looked dressed for dinner, perhaps the goring?

Haven’t there been pictures before of them dining with other royal women/bowes-Lyon cousins. I’m thinking Princess Alexandra???

Wonder who the woman with Princess Anne is?

Yes, the Queen, Anne and Alexandra were all pictured attending dinner at a London restaurant a while back. The Queen seems to me to be in a different car to usual, it looks like maybe a BMW whereas, even for more private occasions she travels in a Jaguar or Bentley Mulsanne model. Maybe the different car and using the blinds were to keep a low profile

Edit https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2016032230467/queen-elizabeth-private-royal-dinner-bellamys/

In 2016 the Queen, Anne and Alexandra were pictured going to Bellamy's in Mayfair.

Yes, the Queen, Anne and Alexandra were all pictured attending dinner at a London restaurant a while back. The Queen seems to me to be in a different car to usual, it looks like maybe a BMW whereas, even for more private occasions she travels in a Jaguar or Bentley Mulsanne model. Maybe the different car and using the blinds were to keep a low profile

Edit https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2016032230467/queen-elizabeth-private-royal-dinner-bellamys/

In 2016 the Queen, Anne and Alexandra were pictured going to Bellamy's in Mayfair.

Not the thread to discuss cars however I’m pretty sure that’s either a Jaguar or a Bentley, I think there are Bs on the wheel rims. The lines on the top of the car are too sleek to be a BMW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom