The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-25-2019, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth, Princess Anne and husband Tim were seen on a hunt today:

** dailymail: The Queen wraps up warm to head out on a shoot on Sandringham estate with friends - including F1 legend Sir Jackie Stewart..**

Old 01-25-2019, 03:03 PM
Courtier

I don't wish to be pedantic but it's a shoot not a hunt. They are different events and the DM's writers & sub-editors often mistake one for the other.

Old 01-25-2019, 03:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

I’ve always wanted to go out for a shoot. I like the idea of country activities like this.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-26-2019, 12:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Elizabeth with Princess Anne and today saturday afternoon going for a shooting trip

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-Stewart.html
Old 01-26-2019, 01:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Wait a minute...how are we getting these pictures? I thought private pictures of the royal family on the Sandringham House estate was banned? Or am I missing something?

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-26-2019, 01:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quite the collection of dogs w/ the group, labs mostly, but one near the Queen looks to be a dorgi?
Old 01-27-2019, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Here are some more photos of yesterday's hunt:

** rex gallery **

And an article about today's Sunday church service:

** dailymail: The Queen is joined by Sir Jackie Stewart for Sunday service in Sandringham..**
Old 01-27-2019, 07:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Elizabeth today attending a service at St Mary Magdalene Church, near the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...e-id1090213268
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...e-id1090213594
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...e-id1090213574

And Princess Anne with her husband Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...e-id1090201794

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ndringham.html
Old 01-27-2019, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

My guess is that next Sunday will possibly be the last Royal presence at St Mary Magdalene Church for sometime as the queen will return to London after her Accession Day.

8th of October 1515 ; Birth of The Lady Margaret Douglas, Countess of Lennox
Old 01-27-2019, 08:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
This shoot was well covered by photographers with long lenses!

I notice Princess Anne there with her bull terriers, one of which is clipped onto her jacket & wearing a muzzle. He clearly can't be trusted to refrain from eating the birds and/or fighting with the gun dogs.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

I still don’t know how we’re getting these pictures. I thought private land pictures were banned from being taken or published?

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-27-2019, 10:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I still don’t know how we’re getting these pictures. I thought private land pictures were banned from being taken or published?
The ban is just drones within a certain distance isn't it? I don't think they can stop people on public ground with long lenses.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
There are no laws against taking pictures of people on private land, if the photographer is on public land. Thats what long lensed cameras are for. The can certainly be published as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
The ban is just drones within a certain distance isn't it? I don't think they can stop people on public ground with long lenses.
Drones must be kept at least 50 metres away from private property.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen and her lawyers do come down hard on photos being taken of the RF on private land in private time. They have since 2009ish though it has gone quiet on that front for a while, maybe a "gentle reminder" will be made to the press.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/...-cameras-wrong

The Queen's lawyers have warned newspapers against publishing paparazzi photos of members of the royal family and reminded editors of privacy obligations made under a press code of practice.

Offord added: "Since the request the media have been extremely helpful and supportive by observing the house's wishes."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ivacy-row.html

The new strategy is likely to be tested later this month when the Queen, accompanied by other members of the Royal family, enjoys her traditional Christmas break at Sandringham, her Norfolk estate.

Several freelance photographers usually spend many hours a day touring Sandringham in the hope of "snatching" photographs of the Royal family on the estate.

In the past, some "snatched" photographs taken at Sandringham and Balmoral, the Queen's Scottish estate, have been seized on by animal protection groups to suggest they the Royal family, many of whom take part in field sports, are cruel to animals.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:20 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall, Princess Alexandra of Kent and the Duke of Kent attended a Service of Thanksgiving for Lord Carrington at Westminster Abbey today, January 31. Lord Carrington, died aged 99 last July, and had been the longest serving member of the House of Lords:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Duchess of Cornwall and Henry Kissinger arrive at Westminster Abbey memorial service for Lord Carrington..**
Old 01-31-2019, 04:38 PM
Majesty

The most surprising attendee is Mr Kissinger.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

HM seems to visit Windsor a lot when she's not at Balmoral or Sandringham. I guess she missed the castle after being at Sandringham for a few months!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-16-2019, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
HM seems to visit Windsor a lot when she's not at Balmoral or Sandringham. I guess she missed the castle after being at Sandringham for a few months!
I believe she now spends nearly every weekend at Windsor during the weeks she’s in London.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:58 PM
Majesty

And still keeping active at nearly 93 by going horse riding every chance she gets. What a wonderful woman she is!

Tags
british royal family, current events