British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe the average UK or Commonwealth citizen will care much as the notion of freedom of speech is not an inalienable right as it is u th US.

Freedom of speech in the US does not include freedom from consequences of that speech. Clearly, one of the consequences for bigoted, racist or threatening statements on the BRF's public media is getting your information turned over to the police. Sounds pretty clear to me (and an excellent and long-overdue idea, too).

Freedom of speech in the US does not include freedom from consequences of that speech. Clearly, one of the consequences for bigoted, racist or threatening statements on the BRF's public media is getting your information turned over to the police. Sounds pretty clear to me (and an excellent and long-overdue idea, too).

Precisely. I don't know what's so hard to comprehend about what the RF issued about their social media accounts. You can have constructive criticism, you can disagree with each other, you can criticise the RF and you can even post your Republican ideas on their pages, but when it crosses the line of wishing someone dead, or wishing that a certain Duchess have a miscarriage or saying inflammatory/made up stories, then the family definitely has the right to delete or block your comment. As to turning over users information to the police, I applaud this whole heartedly. You don't threaten bodily harm on someone and don't think there will be consequences.

The more I think about it, the regulations and the standards and the rules that they've put into place on the royal family's social media sites pretty much echo what we agree to in our terms of service here and the rules and regulations put into place to keep The Royal Forums running smoothly.

As far as reporting to the police, if I'm not mistaken, in the UK, any kind of racist comment or a bodily threat towards someone in speech (written or verbally) is considered a hate crime. I'm sure someone will correct me here if I'm wrong.

Once again I applaud the actions taken. Social media sites and discussion sites like TRF set the rules. Just like when we were kids and our parents told us: "My house, my rules". :D

I can understand this move...there have been some crazy, vile and scary comments made on their social media about the family members.

LaRae

Excellent move & way overdue.

We’ll be hearing about who will be attending this year’s Commonwealth Service on the 11th at Westminster Abbey soon.

I would think it will be the usual crowd....

LaRae

You are correct Pranter:

The Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, accompanied by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and the Duke of York, will attend the Commonwealth Service @wabbey on Commonwealth Day, Monday 11th March.

Princess Anne was there last year IIRC...I wonder if she will be there and just isn't being mentioned?

LaRae

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...aten-block-report-social-media-trolls-police/

Royal Family threaten to block and report social media trolls to police as they issue new rules in wake of racist and sexist abuse

The Royal Family has published rules for followers of its social media channels, warning that anyone who posts offensive comments will be blocked or reported to the police in the wake of escalating abuse of the Duchesses of Cambridge and Sussex.

Finally! There are some truly vile comments made about Camilla, Catherine and Meghan on social media. I’ve long stopped reading any comments on any royal topic.

I don't know if this is the correct thread, if not will the mods please move to the correct location. Thanks.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...aten-block-report-social-media-trolls-police/

Royal Family threaten to block and report social media trolls to police as they issue new rules in wake of racist and sexist abuse

The Royal Family has published rules for followers of its social media channels, warning that anyone who posts offensive comments will be blocked or reported to the police in the wake of escalating abuse of the Duchesses of Cambridge and Sussex.

The Royal Family has issued guidelines on social media to create a "safe environment" on its Twitter and Instagram channels, urging "courtesy, kindness and respect".
----

Today we have published guidelines for interacting with The Royal Family, @ClarenceHouse and @KensingtonRoyal social media channels. Read in full here:
https://www.royal.uk/social-media-community-guidelines

About time!
I cannot believe it took this long for the BRF to issue guidelines. This should have occurred at least a decade ago. The media and legal department of the BRF have had their heads so stuck in the sand and need to seriously get with the times and be a lot more proactive and adaptive to the modern world. The abuse Camilla, Kate and Meghan have endured on social media is disgusting to say the least.

Perhaps they should employ some of the moderators from here, because you guys do a brilliant job at moderating the forums!

I'm happy this is being implemented now because it's been necessary for some time, from people calling Beatrice and Eugenie fat to the racist slurs thrown against Meghan. Hopefully people will learn that there are consequences for your actions.

The BRF needs to do something about Gary Janetti's IG account. Who gave him the right to use pics of George to bully Meghan, Kate, Charlotte, Savannah, Philips, etc? So disgusting.

Last edited:
It's about time they did something about the social media trash. I love the last bit saying you go too far you will deal with law enforcement. I wonder how many of the trolls are crying freedom of speech. Let's see how many are willing to risk the loss of anonymity, reputation and possibly freedom if they are caught and exposed.

The BRF needs to do something about Gary Janetti's IG account. Who gave him the right to use pics of George to bully Meghan, Kate, Charlotte, Savannah, Philips, etc? So disgusting.

They can't. The only places they can moderate and call the shots at are their own sites. The trolls can and will find other places to do as they wish but it won't be on any of the royal social media sites. The best way to handle accounts that do this kind of thing is to not frequent them.

It's about time they did something about the social media trash. I love the last bit saying you go too far you will deal with law enforcement. I wonder how many of the trolls are crying freedom of speech. Let's see how many are willing to risk the loss of anonymity, reputation and possibly freedom if they are caught and exposed.

They can yell "freedom of speech" until the cows come home but the fact remains that in society, there needs to be guidelines and rules for the good of all. One may have the "freedom" to yell "fire" in a theater but it comes with a heavy price to pay. One has the freedom to drive a car but needs to adhere to the rules of the road for the safety of all. The best way to avoid troll traffic is to refuse to go where they go. :D

Prince Charles and Prince William meet Nicos Anastasiades, the President of the Republic of Cyprus, at Clarence House in London - ahead of the reception in Buckingham Palace later, by the The Queen, to mark the fiftieth anniversary of the investiture of the Prince of Wales

Looks like we might have some foreign visitors today.

I have been sat on twitter all morning, and the minute I get a phone call they appear!

Everyone seems happy to be there. It looks as if Charles is thoroughly enjoying himself, perhaps discussing the memories of that occasion in 1969! Wonder if Camilla's green dress is a tribute to the green in the Welsh flag?

Last edited:
Everyone seems happy to be there. It looks as if Charles is thoroughly enjoying himself. Wonder if Camilla's green dress is a tribute to the green in the Welsh flag?

Considering that she's wearing a Prince of Wales feathers brooch with the emerald drop i would say yes !

The photo I saw when I posted that earlier only showed a side to rear view of Camilla.

Lord Snowden of course designed that event fifty years ago. He said everything had to be run past the Garter King of Arms. Snowdon's assistant wanted the Welsh dragons on the banners to have knots in their tails, as he insisted they do in heraldry. Garter wouldn't have it. They were at an impasse until Snowden said 'Oh come on Garter darling! Can't you be a bit more elastic?'

They are apparently told to go straight to the door.
Maybe late on the schedule ?

Harry and Meghan were waiting by the door when the others came up to the door. Maybe they had already looked at the items on the table before the event began?

Last edited:
Harry and Meghan were at the entrance door on line to view the items at the table, but then they were ushered towards the next door by the Queen's equerry.

Last edited:

Yeah, I think the royal party was a little late getting in for the start of the event. They really didn’t get a good look at the display.

I thought we would’ve gotten some more video of the event. The Archbishop of Canterbury gave a speech and there was some musical selections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom