The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-04-2018, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What a surprise to have photos we normally just get a glimpse of them on they way in1

8th of October 1515 ; Birth of The Lady Margaret Douglas, Countess of Lennox
Old 12-04-2018, 05:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

A rota photographer was allowed in for the first time, lovely to see full length shots.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:54 PM
Royal Highness

I too am shocked they allowed photos. Great for us. I love Her Majesties gown. The Lovers Knot tiara looks good on Kate and she seems to like wearing it. It really suits her.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Off-topic comments about Kate's weight have been deleted.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:18 PM
Serene Highness

I’m giddy over the photos!!!! What a welcome surprise.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:58 PM
Courtier

The photos are great - showing many different styles worn by the women attending.
The Queen looks beautiful. Her gown details the warm but elegant lace perfectly. She is so energetic still.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla wore her usual Court outfit, but The Queen looked amazing. I mean, the royal Women of Windsor just dazzled tonight.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-04-2018, 10:50 PM
Courtier

Lovely coordination by the three women—all in sparkling versions of white or off-white and all-white jewels. They really stand out in a room full of diplomats in National dress, which must be a great effect for attendees trying to keep an eye out for the royals they’ve come to meet.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:09 PM
Administrator

Goodness! It was nice to get actual pictures of the event instead of the usual car pictures. All the ladies look great!

Yes, the Fail again with the Diana comparisons....give it a rest already! Although, it was nice to see Kate in the Cambridge tiara I am always hoping something else will come out the vault. She must be used to its weight and finds it bearable. Plus...its nice to look at.

Old 12-04-2018, 11:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

I noticed that too loonytick...they were all in shades of white, thought it was a nice touch.

LaRae
Old 12-04-2018, 11:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
Lovely coordination by the three women—all in sparkling versions of white or off-white and all-white jewels. They really stand out in a room full of diplomats in National dress, which must be a great effect for attendees trying to keep an eye out for the royals they’ve come to meet.
I never thought of that but it's a pretty astute observation. Mind you, with Catherine's height, stratospheric heels and all those swinging pearls and diamonds on top, the colour only matters to short people like me who would see the white moving between the other guests.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:32 AM
Administrator

Here's an additional gallery of the Diplomatic Reception at Buckingham Palace yesterday, December 4:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 12-05-2018, 02:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Long may these pictures of this grand event continue next year and the year after that. It’s too beautiful not to photograph for everyone to see.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-05-2018, 03:19 AM
Majesty

They won't if they continue to concentrate on Catherine. Decent shots of HM, Charles, Camilla and William and the thousand odd guests comprising politicians and diplomats from around the world meeting and chatting to members of the BRF hardly got a look in.

Keep this up and they will score the ultimate home goal.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I noticed that too. The focus seemed to be on Kate and others that were shown seemed to be an afterthought as if they were required to show at least a few other people. I am happy though that there there were more pictures than we usually get though.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-05-2018, 04:57 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Great to see pictures from this private event - hope it continues for the future years

Old 12-05-2018, 05:07 AM
Royal Highness

Fantastic photos of the monarchy at work! Great of the RF to allow photos! A great way to take focus off of the fictitious tabloid "Fab Four wars" and put it back on what the British royals are truly about!
Old 12-12-2018, 09:35 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales and the Duke of Sussex hosted a Prince's Trust discussion with young people, families and community groups about youth violent crime at Clarence House today, December 12:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** dailymail article ** rex gallery **
Old 12-12-2018, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Prince of Wales and the Duke of Sussex hosted a Prince's Trust discussion with young people, families and community groups about youth violent crime at Clarence House today, December 12:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** dailymail article **
Good to see them. I know that this is an issue that Harry has been working on for awhile.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

This is a very topical issue here in London at the moment so I'm glad to see Charles and Harry raising awareness via the Prince's Trust.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank

Tags
british royal family, current events