British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew really seems to have taken to riding lately. I'm sure his mother loves his company as they go riding.

I don't mean to dispute the story but I don't think the man riding with the Queen is Prince Andrew. To me, it doesn't look like him. The other pictures in the article are definitely Andrew on the brown horse. As to his riding more, supposedly it is because he now has to ride in the Trooping the Colour procession and needs to be more comfortable on a horse.

Me too. The guy in the grey blazer is unlikely to be Prince Andrew. Moreover the Queen is extra careful these years and is riding only with a professional groom beside her.

Her Majesty The Queen will host a Reception for the 50th Anniversary of The Prince of Wales’s Investiture on March 5th at Buckingham Palace - In Attendance:
The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex
The Princess Royal

Her Majesty The Queen will host a Reception for the 50th Anniversary of The Prince of Wales’s Investiture on March 5th at Buckingham Palace - In Attendance:
The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex
The Princess Royal

Why no Andrew, Edward, or Sophie?

Did Andrew and Edward attend the actual Investiture in 1969? That may be a reason if they didn't attend then so not invited this time.

I would have expected the entire extended family to be at this event but it seems that it is just Charles, one sibling and his sons and their wives - and his mother.

Maybe the list isn't complete either ...

I'm guessing they may have other engagements.

LaRae

Perhaps Andrew, Edward and Sophie have previous engagements, and/or they weren't considered essential to the event? Anne being there is the only thing that makes the other siblings' absence a little odd. Otherwise, it just looks as though only Charles's immediate family is being included, which would make sense.

Did Andrew and Edward attend the actual Investiture in 1969? That may be a reason if they didn't attend then so not invited this time.

I don’t understand how not being their in 1969 makes any difference to them not attending the anniversary?

If Andrew and Edward aren’t attending I would suspect its simply a case of their diaries being already full for that day.

We won't know if Andrew has anything on that day until afterwards as he doesn't believe in letting anyone know what engagements he has coming up.

Edward usually announces his public events in advance - but May is too far for him yet.

This event has been in the FE for The Queen for some time and appeared on The Prince of Wales website for Charles and Camilla last week.

We won't know if Andrew has anything on that day until afterwards as he doesn't believe in letting anyone know what engagements he has coming up.

Edward usually announces his public events in advance - but May is too far for him yet.

This event has been in the FE for The Queen for some time and appeared on The Prince of Wales website for Charles and Camilla last week.

I believe the reception is March 5 not in May.
Right now, Edward has engagements listed on March 1 and March 14, as well as some later in the month. Of course there may be more, just not listed.

Last edited:
Checking the FE for this date - The Queen has only this event listed. Anne has two other engagements while the Duke of Kent has 5 while the Duke of Gloucester has 1. Andrew has nothing - no surprises there as his are never announced in advance. Edward and Sophie also have nothing. Anne doesn't have this event listed however. Charles and Camilla have it listed on the Prince of Wales website.

The fact that only the Queen is listed on the FE suggests that it is possible that the entire family will be there and that no press release has indicated that Andrew and Edward are attending.

Queen Elizabeth and Princess Anne received King Abdullah, Queen Rania and Crown Prince Hussein at Buckingham Palace today, February 28:

** Pic ** dailymail article ** pa gallery **

Last edited:
We’ll be hearing about who will be attending this year’s Commonwealth Service on the 11th at Westminster Abbey soon.

I would think it will be the usual crowd....

LaRae

I wonder if a incoming Jordan State Visit is in the works? Or was this just a working visit?

The State Visit from the present King to the UK took place already in 2001. I do not think he will make any again for the remainder of Elizabeth II’s reign.

The State Visit from the present King to the UK took place already in 2001. I do not think he will make any again for the remainder of Elizabeth II’s reign.

Thats a long time ago.

I thought the protocol was each head of state made no more than 1 state visit, hence why we tend to see more State Visits by presidents than monarchs - Presidents of France and Presidents of US vs monarchs.

I don't know if this is the correct thread, if not will the mods please move to the correct location. Thanks.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...aten-block-report-social-media-trolls-police/

Royal Family threaten to block and report social media trolls to police as they issue new rules in wake of racist and sexist abuse

The Royal Family has published rules for followers of its social media channels, warning that anyone who posts offensive comments will be blocked or reported to the police in the wake of escalating abuse of the Duchesses of Cambridge and Sussex.

The Royal Family has issued guidelines on social media to create a "safe environment" on its Twitter and Instagram channels, urging "courtesy, kindness and respect".
----

Today we have published guidelines for interacting with The Royal Family, @ClarenceHouse and @KensingtonRoyal social media channels. Read in full here:
https://www.royal.uk/social-media-community-guidelines

Last edited:
I can't say how glad I am that KP and CH are moving on this, and not before time. How effective it will be in the long run who knows but these trolls have to be at least blocked.

It’s about time they said something. It’s downright shameful it’s taken them this long to enact SM guidelines for posting. Meghan has been getting ripped on those platforms with little to none blowback to posters for their vile words.

???

This is a very much needed and responsible step being taken. The royal social media will no longer be a bridge that trolls live under and they'll go elsewhere.

Interesting and long waited move. Efficient ? Wait and see.
Average Joe will scream censorship or limitation of freedom of speech i presume.
What a wonderful world we are living in ....

Last edited:
I don't believe the average UK or Commonwealth citizen will care much as the notion of freedom of speech is not an inalienable right as it is u th US.

Well wonder how many abuses came from the US (like it was the case for Camilla some times ago) and from the UK / Commonwealth ...
Wait for the Daily Mail columnists in 3 - 2- 1 ...

Anyway we can all agree its a good move.

Interesting and long waited move. Efficient ? Wait and see.
Average Joe will scream censorship or limitation of freedom of speech i presume.
What a wonderful world we are living in ....

I don't think civil discourse will be affected, only those that threaten, use hate speech or are proponents of crazy conspiracy theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom