The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Just as a side note Zenouska Mowatt is currently staying at Glen Feshie which is about 2 hours drive round the Cairngorms to Balmoral.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
William seems to be stepping in more for Philip with the Queen.

Is Philip at Balmoral yet? Wasn’t it reported that he didn’t go up with the Queen originally? I confess I have not followed the weekly “who’s who” at the church reports so I likely just missed him in prior weeks.

Philip arrived about an hour after Sarah left. There were reports about his arrival even with the timings of his flight's arrival and her flight. She waved goodbye to Andrew and Beatrice as they went to church and made her way to the airport. Her plane left and Philip's arrived almost immediately. He simply won't be there if she is so she goes up for the first weekend and then he goes up after that.

William and Kate were in the car with The Queen because they are staying at Balmoral while Charles is staying at Birkhall. If Charles was staying at Balmoral he would probably have been the one in that car.

No doubt there will be a weekend where the Queen and Philip go to church in one car and Charles and Camilla in another and the complaints will come about them using two cars totally ignoring the fact that they are coming from two different homes on the estate some miles apart and they don't return to the same homes either.

Old 08-28-2018, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Wiliam and Kate were there last year. All the years before they have gone in September, obviously this year and in the future they will have to go earlier because kids have school now.

But in general, I do think that the Queen’s children spend more time at Balmoral than the grandkids. Probably for more reasons, including visiting in-laws, school schedules, going on vacation abroad, etc. The Wessex grandkids being the exception since they’re still minors.
Yeah, I meant there weren't many (not none) reports of the Cambridges there - I knew they were there but thought they were there for only a short while.

I do agree about how much time HM's children spend at Balmoral vs. the grandchildren. The Cambridges seem to have quite a long holiday in Mustique before they go to Balmoral though the Wessexes made a trip out of Balmoral this year to explore other parts of Scotland and were seen in Edinburgh (I don't know if Edinburgh was an independent trip or part of their Balmoral holiday however and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the Wessexes spent some time abroad too this summer).

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-28-2018, 08:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Wessex's normally take the children to somewhere warm each summer as well as a few weeks at Balmoral.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I am assuming family will gather! It's Braemar Day. AKA the Breamar Gathering or more familiarly, the Breamar Highland games.

Traffic advisories are out. HM will be opening a new Games Center named after the DOE (so hopefully, we will see him as well). https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland...tland-45368036.

The photos from this are a treat. Bring on the heathered viewing stand, I say!
Old 09-01-2018, 11:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Galleries from today

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...and_gathering?

https://www.belgaimage.be/#/gallery/6283252

https://www.gettyimages.es/search/ur...alproducts=all
Old 09-01-2018, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks!

I have been to Highland games (not at Braemar) and I do not understand why every man woman and child of the family does not turn out for this. The events are alternately athletic and hilarious. The men are well worth watching . The dance is always good. The bagpipes can get a bit much - but one just takes a wander over to the food tents for a break. If I were Charlotte, I'd be begging to go. Not to sit in the pavilion, but to be all over the place, as one does. I hope as time goes on the younger bit of the family start going to the Gathering in a new way.

And I have to say... did Charles dress in the dark this morning? That shirt color, which I am sure is somewhere in the plaid, but then also the tie? I need to get over to the Men's thread for this. On reflection, that shirt is the color of heather in bloom.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:58 AM
Administrator

More photos from today can be found here:

** pa gallery ** gettyimages gallery 2 **

** dailymail: Monarch of the Glens: The Queen beams with joy in elegant teal as she's flanked by Prince Charles and Princess Anne for Highland Games..**
Old 09-01-2018, 06:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks iceflower.
It's always fun to see HM and Charles in their usual fits of giggles at the Braemar Gathering. Makes me tempted to watch one of the games myself to see what all the fuss is about every year
I love this photo of HM and Anne pouring over the programme. They look like any ordinary mother and daughter checking out what they're going to see before the show starts!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Aristocracy

Very nice pictures at the PA & Getty websites! Everyone looked very happy. Notice Princess Anne is crossing her legs, sitting next to her Mother & no fake protocol dictators complaining about it.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:59 PM
Majesty

I love the annual photo flood from the Braemar Games for no other reason than it is truly one of the highlights of the Queen's year. You might ask how I may know this but one look at the photos gives it away. She seems to smile, grin, giggle, snigger, and laugh with great gusto trying to catch her breath at the games every year. Philip and Charles are just as bad so I missed seeing Prince Philip this year but, if the clothing is anything to go on, it was not exactly tropical.

I was irritated that, as per usual, Anne's husband Tim got rudely ignored, cut from photos and didn't warrant a "royal" chair. That is annoying as he is actually in attendance on many, many more occasions than we are generally aware of.

Now give me a moment to find my (fake) clutching pearls and address Anne, Princess Royal's . . . erm, faux pas? Nope, not going there. I'm sick of broken rules, broken protocols and broken traditions. Needless to say, Anne, with her enviable figure and great legs looked great and I loved the style and colour of her junior navy coat and grey hat with its variegated feather trim.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I’d bet most of the writers and whomever cropped the photos wouldn’t recognize Tim or know who he is.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

And today 2 September Queen Elizabeth with Prince Charles and Princess Anne with her husband attend a service at Crathie Kirk Church

https://www.gettyimages.es/search/ur...alproducts=all

Article
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...rles-Anne.html
Old 09-02-2018, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here's a video from the queen and members of the Royal Family attending the Braemar Games.

Old 09-09-2018, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Several members of the family together with Prime Minister Theresa May and her husband attended the Sunday church service at Crathie Kirk Church today, September 9.

The dailymail calls Autumn "Princess Anne's daughter Autumn" and the Queen's "granddaughter" - sigh...

** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Autumn's here! Queen is joined by her granddaughter for Sunday service at Crathie Kirk ..**
Old 09-09-2018, 09:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Several members of the family together with Prime Minister Theresa May and her husband attended the Sunday church service at Crathie Kirk Church today, September 9.

The dailymail calls Autumn "Princess Anne's daughter Autumn" and the Queen's "granddaughter" - sigh...

** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Autumn's here! Queen is joined by her granddaughter for Sunday service at Crathie Kirk ..**
Maybe the DM is dropping “in-law” from their lexicon, so daughter rather than daughter-in-law.
They actually wrote it correctly in the article, just dropped “in-law” in the photo captions.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:03 PM
Courtier

I find the who’s where with whom of the Royal family during the Balmoral and Sandringham stays interesting in a where’s Waldo kind of way.
Camilla is obv.s back at Birkhall as she rode with Charles to church.
Autumn was with HM, but we didn’t see a pix of Peter, although I assume he’s at Balmoral since Autumn is there. Did he just not go to church, or did the press just not deem his presence worth noting? Their daughters are not at Balmoral as they’ve been photographed at Gatcombe - are they staying w/ their grandmother Anne, Aunt Zara or nanny at their own house?
No Phillip at church this weekend - is he gone from Balmoral or does he just opt out of Sunday services when he doesn’t feel like going? Perhaps now that he’s retired he’s chosen to be absent for the formal PM’s visit :)
Old 09-09-2018, 07:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Peter is usually heavily involved in horsey events at Gatcombe so he was probably with his daughters there while Autumn went to Balmoral alone ... not impossible.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:27 PM
Royal Highness

Peter was with the queen and his wife
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...e-id1029787174
Old 09-09-2018, 08:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Peter was with the queen and his wife
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...e-id1029787174
Thank you. For some reason he flies under the radar a lot, not even named when pictured in some articles.

Tags
british royal family, current events