British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen, Charles & Camilla, William & Catherine will all undertake engagements around the COP26 in Glasgow later this month.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to admit that I am relieved that she uses this stick now.
I was rather worried sometimes when I saw her walking.
And let's see if she sticks :)biggrin:) to it or only uses from now and then, when the underground on which she is supposed to walk is uneven. Walking on such cobbled stones as the Abbey has in the entrance can be very annoying - I know what I am talking about, the downtown area of our whole city is paved with them and it is indeed ANNOYING. And I am not even half her age.

You would think that with the Queen being 95 years old, seeing her using a walking stick would be something we'd be very used to by now. The CNN article believes that this is the first time she's used the walking stick in public other than in 2003 when she had knee surgery.

At 95, the Queen deserves to take any measure of comfort she can find.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/12/uk/queen-elizabeth-walking-stick-intl/index.html

Not sure if any of you have watched the video of the Queen and Princess Anne arriving at the Abbey yesterday. Anne had to hand the cane to the Queen, who seemed to be quite happy walking away without it.

Not sure if any of you have watched the video of the Queen and Princess Anne arriving at the Abbey yesterday. Anne had to hand the cane to the Queen, who seemed to be quite happy walking away without it.

Yes I noticed that too and it reminded me of the late queen mother.

Yes I noticed that too and it reminded me of the late queen mother.

Quite right. It will be interesting to see if the cane is indeed used regularly.

We'll get our first chance to see if it's going to be a regular thing tomorrow when she's due to open the Senedd.

I saw it and it was a bit like... Mother. Your cane.

I also had the impression that the queen carried it more than she used it.

In the article about the walking stick that I posted yesterday in the Queen's current events thread, it mentioned that it was the first time the Queen has been seen with it since a knee surgery in 2003.

All I could think is that we're seeing a woman with a walking stick for really, just about the first time and you'd think that for most 95 year old women, they would have started to use some kind of a walking aid years ago. The Queen is 95 years old and is now just maybe starting to succumb to using a walking stick every now and then. She gives me the impression of being like the Energizer Bunny that just keeps on going and going and going. She *is* in remarkable shape for the age that she is. Wish I could say the same about me. :D

Queen Elizabeth hosted a reception at Windsor Castle this evening, October 19, to mark the Global Investment Summit.

The Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Prince Michael of Kent attended as well.

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** dailymail article **

Last edited:
Lord Frederick was also present at today's reception at Windsor Castle.

Lord Frederick was also present at today's reception at Windsor Castle.

I saw that Frederick was present. It was an odd group of supporting royals. I would have thought they might have had Camilla and Catherine there, or if they weren't available, perhaps Anne, Edward or Sophie.

A friend of mine from church in San Jose, California was also present at the reception at Windsor. I will be sure to interrogate him, um, ask politely about the experience, when I next see him. :D

This evening the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended a reception „ for the key members of the Sustainable Markets Initiative and the Winners and Finalists of the first Earthshot Prize Awards on the sidelines of the COP26 UN Climate Change Conference“ at the Clydeside Distillery in Glasgow.

Afterwards they attended a world leaders’ reception at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum:

** gettyimages gallery ** gtresnews gallery ** dailymail article **

For the world leaders‘ reception this evening Queen Elizabeth has pre-recorded a video message:

Last edited:
Wonderful to see a video message from the queen and the photo was most poignant.

Apparenly the public is being highly critical of Joe Biden touching Prince William on the shoulder like he was a mate.

Not like William himself would ever care...but you know how it goes.

Last edited:
The Queen looked awful, tired, frail and old. Yes I know she is 95 but she looked even older. She has certainly been ill, if she isn't still ill. It is the worst she has ever looked. She looked a lot better at the reception a couple of weeks ago and looks like she has aged about 10 years since then.

The Queen looked awful, tired, frail and old. Yes I know she is 95 but she looked even older. She has certainly been ill, if she isn't still ill. It is the worst she has ever looked. She looked a lot better at the reception a couple of weeks ago and looks like she has aged about 10 years since then.

I think it was the studio type lighting that was harsh and accentuated her age.

Pea green is not her best color, either!

Otherwise, HM was dynamite.

HM made a video message for Glasgow,in a green dress,and with a butterfly brooche she once received from her beloved Duke on their engagement,next to her was a photo of the late Duke surrounded by butterflies,symbol of nature and climate.Was so wonderfull to see her again,and hear her voice,unchanged.
Bless her.On BBC Morning News this morning.

I thought her part in the speech with regards the difference between statesmen and politicians was excellent. Right on the mark.

She looked tired around the eyes but that was something I have been noticing for at least... mhhh. 3 years? Nah, thats a bit much, but since her eye surgery or whatever it was. There had been something some years ago.

And yes, although I love green and this shade, it may have not been the best color for her what added to the overall image of her being tired.

What I personally was impressed about was how she managed to read the speech at a teleprompter (or whatever it is called in english) or remember it from the memory. With 95 she can for sure not read small words anymore?

As for Joe Biden touching William... Same with Charles' socks. Minor incidents and there are far more important issues to think or discuss about at the moment. He for sure didnt do this to harm him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom