The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-26-2018, 07:53 AM
Majesty

Kate, William, George, Charlotte & Louis are spending this weekend at Balmoral with HM. George was taken to his first grouse shoot on Friday by Kate, with the Queen, Charles, Edward, Sophie, Louise & James, Anne, Zara & Mike Tindall joining for lunch.Quite the family fun!

Via Emily Andrews Twitter

Old 08-26-2018, 09:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

And the family at the church in Balmoral today

Kate and the Queen Prince Charles in Balmoral | Daily Mail Online

Gallery

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...rch,_balmoral?

Old 08-26-2018, 09:35 AM
Majesty

Lovely pic of The Queen and The Duchess of Cambridge in a Bentley on their way to church

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dlhq9zlWsAAj36C.jpg
Old 08-26-2018, 10:37 AM
Royal Highness

William is also in the car with them.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2...5289535278.jpg
Old 08-26-2018, 10:47 AM
Majesty

Thanks.

A pic from Friday. The Duchess of Cambridge, Zara Tindall, Prince George and Savannah Phillips driving on the Balmoral estate

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlhbNeeXcAE90Qp.jpg
Old 08-26-2018, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Cute photo. It's nice to see the younger families at Balmoral with HM and her children. I was wondering if the Cambridges would go to Balmoral this summer.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-26-2018, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes it was lovely to see the Cambridges at Balmoral ,the queen had plenty to entertain this weekend.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Thanks.

A pic from Friday. The Duchess of Cambridge, Zara Tindall, Prince George and Isla Phillips driving on the Balmoral estate

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlhbNeeXcAE90Qp.jpg
Looks more like Savannah than Isla. Savannah and George seem to have quite the little bond with Trooping, polo, and now Balmoral together. Isla, Mia, and Charlotte were probably together elsewhere on the estate.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
And... at the end of it all, HM looks at Philip and says "I'm too old for this s**t"

That's the blessing of being a grandparent and great grandparent. The wee ones go away.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 08-26-2018, 07:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Looks more like Savannah than Isla. Savannah and George seem to have quite the little bond with Trooping, polo, and now Balmoral together. Isla, Mia, and Charlotte were probably together elsewhere on the estate.
Savannah. You’re right.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Cute photo. It's nice to see the younger families at Balmoral with HM and her children. I was wondering if the Cambridges would go to Balmoral this summer.
It is expected that all members of the Queen's immediate family will go to Balmoral for a weekend every summer. Some stay for longer but the adults tend to be for a long weekend.

The Yorks tend to have the first weekend with Sarah also there but no Philip and then the others rotate around.

Charles is up there for most of the time staying at Birkhall and Camilla spends a lot of the time there but she also goes south to spend time with her own children and grandchildren.

No doubt Eugenie and Jack will make an appearance along with Harry and Meghan over the next month or so while the Queen is there. The Snowdons and Chattos may also visit their aunt while it is less often that the Gloucesters or Kents appear anymore as their famillies have grown.

In the past the Norwegian royals would also visit but that hasn't happened for some years now.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:59 PM
Courtier

Have any political leaders come up yet? Usually the Queen hosts the PM and sometimes CW leaders at Balmoral too. I think Turnball or Trudeau was last summer.

Harry usually goes up to Balmoral for his birthday.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
It is expected that all members of the Queen's immediate family will go to Balmoral for a weekend every summer. Some stay for longer but the adults tend to be for a long weekend.

The Yorks tend to have the first weekend with Sarah also there but no Philip and then the others rotate around.

Charles is up there for most of the time staying at Birkhall and Camilla spends a lot of the time there but she also goes south to spend time with her own children and grandchildren.

No doubt Eugenie and Jack will make an appearance along with Harry and Meghan over the next month or so while the Queen is there. The Snowdons and Chattos may also visit their aunt while it is less often that the Gloucesters or Kents appear anymore as their famillies have grown.

In the past the Norwegian royals would also visit but that hasn't happened for some years now.
Yeah, I know that it's required for the immediate relatives to stay if they can; my last sentence was more of a rhetorical one as as far as I can remember, there weren't many reportings of the Cambridges at Balmoral last year, so I got the impression that they don't spend as much time there as HM and some of her children do.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-27-2018, 04:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Yeah, I know that it's required for the immediate relatives to stay if they can; my last sentence was more of a rhetorical one as as far as I can remember, there weren't many reportings of the Cambridges at Balmoral last year, so I got the impression that they don't spend as much time there as HM and some of her children do.
Wiliam and Kate were there last year. All the years before they have gone in September, obviously this year and in the future they will have to go earlier because kids have school now.

But in general, I do think that the Queen’s children spend more time at Balmoral than the grandkids. Probably for more reasons, including visiting in-laws, school schedules, going on vacation abroad, etc. The Wessex grandkids being the exception since they’re still minors.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:41 PM
Majesty

Kate was there last year. Here’s the article. William and Catherine have been to Scotland the last 4 years straight. They missed 2014 but were there ‘11, ‘12 and ‘13.

Kate Middleton arrives for a church service in Balmoral | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-27-2018, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

For some reason I thought that was 2016, I’ll edit my post.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Kate was there last year. Here’s the article. William and Catherine have been to Scotland the last 4 years straight. They missed 2014 but were there ‘11, ‘12 and ‘13.

Kate Middleton arrives for a church service in Balmoral | Daily Mail Online
Seeing the pictures from last year - Phillip rode with the Queen, but no Phillip yesterday, thus Catherine and William in her car.
I noticed it looked like Peter was driving his mom, Princess Anne's group - yet he's not mentioned in the article?
Old 08-27-2018, 04:58 PM
Courtier

William seems to be stepping in more for Philip with the Queen.

Is Philip at Balmoral yet? Wasn’t it reported that he didn’t go up with the Queen originally? I confess I have not followed the weekly “who’s who” at the church reports so I likely just missed him in prior weeks.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:59 PM
Majesty

Yeah Peter was in the car but only Sir Tim was mentioned. DM is good for pics, not so much for facts lol.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I noticed it looked like Peter was driving his mom, Princess Anne's group - yet he's not mentioned in the article?
Yes, Peter was driving Anne, Tim and Autumn.
It’s the Daily Fail. We're lucky if they identify the Queen. A few months back they identified Princess Anne as Princess Margaret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post

Is Philip at Balmoral yet? .
Yes, he was there last Sunday.

Tags
british royal family, current events