The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-03-2019, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

This evening, December 3, several members of the family attended a reception hosted by Queen Elizabeth at Buckingham Palace to mark the 70th anniversary of NATO:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** dailymail article **
Here's a video from the Reception tonight at at the Palace.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old 12-03-2019, 06:20 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Nice to see a lot of the family at the NATO summit tonight. Anne seemed to be enjoying chatting to Macron! Even though they aren't a "leader" as HM is, it seemed that all the royals were comfortable chatting to the world leaders and other guests in the room.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-03-2019, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Angela Merkel didn't get the dress code or had no time to change clothes? It looks like her ordinary day time wardrobe.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Angela Merkel didn't get the dress code or had no time to change clothes? It looks like her ordinary day time wardrobe.
If the men are in suits a lady can wear either a pant suit, dress suit or a dress so Angela was dressed appropriately for the occasion.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Here's a video from the Reception tonight at at the Palace.

Lovely to see Princess Anne and the Duchess of Cornwall greet each other with a kiss - they're obviously glad to see each other, or they wouldn't have bothered!
Merkel seems to butt in to HM's conversation to show off 'some women'...
Old 12-04-2019, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

In the video it appears that the duchess seems to have forgotten something before they all headed into the reception room and it was the Princess Royal who noticed it and pointed it out to her sister in law.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old 12-04-2019, 03:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the Queen turning to see which world leader is next to greet and Anne standing there saying "its only me". Made me giggle to see in some ways they are just like the rest of us....before they walk into a room of the worlds most powerful people.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
If the men are in suits a lady can wear either a pant suit, dress suit or a dress so Angela was dressed appropriately for the occasion.
well, just the usual Merkel boredom...
Old 12-06-2019, 10:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
In the video it appears that the duchess seems to have forgotten something before they all headed into the reception room and it was the Princess Royal who noticed it and pointed it out to her sister in law.
I think it may have been Camilla's handbag.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth and Princess Anne were pictured in London today:

** dm: Queen and her daughter Princess Anne leave Buckingham Palace in separate cars, with the monarch..**
Old 12-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

They both looked dressed for dinner, perhaps the goring?
Old 12-10-2019, 06:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
They both looked dressed for dinner, perhaps the goring?

Haven’t there been pictures before of them dining with other royal women/bowes-Lyon cousins. I’m thinking Princess Alexandra???

Wonder who the woman with Princess Anne is?
Old 12-10-2019, 06:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, the Queen, Anne and Alexandra were all pictured attending dinner at a London restaurant a while back. The Queen seems to me to be in a different car to usual, it looks like maybe a BMW whereas, even for more private occasions she travels in a Jaguar or Bentley Mulsanne model. Maybe the different car and using the blinds were to keep a low profile

Edit https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...nner-bellamys/

In 2016 the Queen, Anne and Alexandra were pictured going to Bellamy's in Mayfair.
Old Yesterday, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Today, December 11, the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Countess of Wessex and Prince Michael of Kent attended the service of thanksgiving for late Sir Donald Gosling at Westminster Abbey:

** rex gallery ** rex gallery ** rex gallery ** rex gallery ** complete gallery **
Old Yesterday, 08:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Yes, the Queen, Anne and Alexandra were all pictured attending dinner at a London restaurant a while back. The Queen seems to me to be in a different car to usual, it looks like maybe a BMW whereas, even for more private occasions she travels in a Jaguar or Bentley Mulsanne model. Maybe the different car and using the blinds were to keep a low profile

Edit https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...nner-bellamys/

In 2016 the Queen, Anne and Alexandra were pictured going to Bellamy's in Mayfair.

Not the thread to discuss cars however I’m pretty sure that’s either a Jaguar or a Bentley, I think there are Bs on the wheel rims. The lines on the top of the car are too sleek to be a BMW.
Old Yesterday, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Today, December 11, the Duke of Cambridge, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Countess of Wessex and Prince Michael of Kent attended the service of thanksgiving for late Sir Donald Gosling at Westminster Abbey:

** rex gallery ** rex gallery ** rex gallery ** rex gallery ** complete gallery **

The Earl of Wessex is also there and I’m pretty sure I saw Tim Laurence.

Nice to see so many family members attending this.
Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Earl of Wessex and Sir Tim Laurence were both in attendance as well;

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/12...6068902048.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/12...6068935581.jpg

Article

Wondering why Edward was not in uniform as commodore in chief of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary.
Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
The Earl of Wessex is also there and I’m pretty sure I saw Tim Laurence.

Nice to see so many family members attending this.
Earlier today the gallery posted above had not been updated with all attendees yet, that's why I hadn't been able to name/list all..

Here's another gallery of the service:

** gettyimages: GBR: Sir Donald Gosling Service At Westminster Abbey **
Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Not the thread to discuss cars however I’m pretty sure that’s either a Jaguar or a Bentley, I think there are Bs on the wheel rims. The lines on the top of the car are too sleek to be a BMW.
Again not a car thread but I was referring to the DM article about the Queen and Anne last night, the car the Queen was in there didn't seem to be a Bentley or Jaguar as she usually uses. I can see why that may have not come across in my original post.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...rate-cars.html
Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Again not a car thread but I was referring to the DM article about the Queen and Anne last night, the car the Queen was in there didn't seem to be a Bentley or Jaguar as she usually uses. I can see why that may have not come across in my original post.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...rate-cars.html
Nope, I knew as to what car you were referring to. My response remains the same. For me you can see the B in the wheel rim of the back passenger wheel, and the lines and overall shape of the car are too smooth to be any BMW. Also due to the placement of the "fuel" cap, my guess is that's an electric or hybrid car.

On a different note however, do we discuss the upcoming Diplomatic Reception in this thread? I'm very excited for tonight!

Tags
british royal family, current events