British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the thread to discuss cars however I’m pretty sure that’s either a Jaguar or a Bentley, I think there are Bs on the wheel rims. The lines on the top of the car are too sleek to be a BMW.

Again not a car thread but I was referring to the DM article about the Queen and Anne last night, the car the Queen was in there didn't seem to be a Bentley or Jaguar as she usually uses. I can see why that may have not come across in my original post.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ne-leave-Buckingham-Palace-separate-cars.html

Again not a car thread but I was referring to the DM article about the Queen and Anne last night, the car the Queen was in there didn't seem to be a Bentley or Jaguar as she usually uses. I can see why that may have not come across in my original post.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ne-leave-Buckingham-Palace-separate-cars.html

Nope, I knew as to what car you were referring to. My response remains the same. For me you can see the B in the wheel rim of the back passenger wheel, and the lines and overall shape of the car are too smooth to be any BMW. Also due to the placement of the "fuel" cap, my guess is that's an electric or hybrid car.

On a different note however, do we discuss the upcoming Diplomatic Reception in this thread? I'm very excited for tonight!

Last edited:
Nice to see such a large royal turnout for Sir Donald Gosling Memorial Service at Westminster Abbey today.

They need to stop with the tribute to Diana nonsense. The tiara is now worn by Kate and has bee for a while.

Can't believe I forgot that the Royal Diplomatic Corps Reception was tonight!

The DM article has now been updated to include pics of Charles and Camilla arriving.

As expected it’s the Lover's Knot tiara for Kate, however I am very pleasantly surprised to see a major necklace (Nizam of Hyderabad again), new-to-her earrings and a new navy velvet Alexander McQueen dress.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELiZBc_WsAItfo8.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELiZBc8WsAMrlNt.jpg

Camilla in the Boucheron tiara and the Queen in the Vladimir tiara with emeralds and unusual emerald necklace.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELicWHtXUAAvzb-.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELidYooWsAE398J.jpg

Last edited:
They need to stop with the tribute to Diana nonsense. The tiara is now worn by Kate and has bee for a while.

And stop referring to her as Kate Middleton. After 8 years I think she has earned the right to be referred to as Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge for God’s sake! These reporters annoy the hell out of me. :lol:

And stop referring to her as Kate Middleton. After 8 years I think she has earned the right to be referred to as Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge for God’s sake! These reporters annoy the hell out of me. :lol:

I sincerely hope that she's *never* referred to as Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge because that would mean that she and William are divorced. I give up on the media getting the names and titles correct although it does annoy me to no end. I think the worse I've seen though was actually seeing in print "Her Royal Highness, The Queen". :D

All the sparkle and glimmer were out for the evening and everyone looked so elegant. Its amazing that at 93 years old, the Queen still rocks in the elegant and regal department and those emeralds still do not outshine the sparkle in her eyes.

Its a dream come true for our own Dman tonight too. Not only is Catherine wearing her Royal Family Order but also her Dame Grand Cross of the Victorian Order on that lovely sash. She truly has arrived!! :flowers:

Every time I see Catherine in her royal orders and family jewels, I smile. You guys can’t see me smile, but I’m smiling. ?

I’m also appreciating these access photos, too. I used to fuss about not seeing pictures of this grand state event and now we’re getting it. I’m thankful once again.

Last edited:
British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018

New portrait released by Buckingham Palace.

The photo has been released to mark the start of a new decade, the Palace announced.

This is a tweet directly of the picture;

The picture hasn’t actually been released by Buckingham Palace. It’s embargoed until 10pm, and several royal bloggers have decided to break the embargo and leak the picture. It’s acts like this that ruin any trust gained between the press and the royals.

Last edited:
This is a tweet directly of the picture;

The picture hasn’t actually been released by Buckingham Palace. It’s embargoed until 10pm, and several royal bloggers have decided to break the embargo and leak the picture. It’s acts like this that ruin any trust gained between the press and the royals.

Thanks.
Because I went to the social networks of the Royal House and the Dukes of Cambridge (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and the photo was not on any social network, which I found strange.

Direct from Royal Family Twitter, despite some royal bloggers seemingly thinking it wouldn't be released officially at 10pm as the embargo stated. I wish they wouldn't ruin it for everyone else just to the be the "first" to post it.

Love the fact they are marking the new decade with this photo and glad we get another 4 generations picture! They really are so special!

British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018

I don’t understand where the picture comes from, no royal blogger claimed to be releasing it first. It’s just a shame. I’m glad the RF released it.

I was surprised to be reminded that this is only the second portrait of the three heirs. For some reason I could have sworn there was more.

Last edited:
Well, it’s a nice up to date portrait. There’s been two previous portraits of The Queen with her heirs - one done for stamps and the other done during George’s Christening.

A previously unseen portrait of the Queen with the Prince of Wales, Duke of Cambridge, and Prince George, which was taken before the Queen’s Christmas Lunch at Buckingham Palace last month:

I like the comparison; even though there is no direct line between the two pictures as the queen is not a child of queen Victoria's great-grandson but her niece. I assume they never made a 4-generation-picture with Bertie; in that case we would have had a direct line of 8 generations in two pictures.

George’s trousers are Black Watch Tartan. Charles is Royal Commander of the Regiment (as Duke of Rothesay).

George’s trousers are Black Watch Tartan. Charles is Royal Commander of the Regiment (as Duke of Rothesay).

Glad George is allowed to wear trousers for formal photos and no longer appears in shorts:bang:

I don’t understand where the picture comes from, no royal blogger claimed to be releasing it first. It’s just a shame. I’m glad the RF released it.

I was surprised to be reminded that this is only the second portrait of the three heirs. For some reason I could have sworn there was more.

It is at least the third-there was the Christening photo in 2013 and the postage stamp photo in 2016.

Glad George is allowed to wear trousers for formal photos and no longer appears in shorts:bang:

Agreed, but they really don’t go with that shirt. Long trousers say I’m growing up but that shirt says I’m a little boy. Maybe a plain open neck shirt under a pullover - informal I know but the look in that photo is just odd.

George’s outfit aside it’s a lovely photo.

The two photos are gorgeous to see together.
The modern day one has personality and warmth. The older photo has lasted well. It's still very clear.

I wonder whether any photos of the Queen's father were ever taken (maybe on his Christening day) with his father, grandfather and Queen Victoria? George VI would have been five when his great grandmother died.

Last edited:
There was certainly a picture taken of Queen Victoria with Edward VII, George V and Edward VIII.

As they didn't expect that the second son would become the King maybe they didn't bother having such a picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom