The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-14-2019, 05:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

It’s good to see the Cambridge family out and enjoying themselves with the Tindall’s. Love this family very much and they’re growing so beautifully.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-14-2019, 06:14 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I love Charlotte's skirt though think she would've been better with a pair of dungarees (which are very fashionable for young children and adults alike at the moment) or even a denim skirt especially if she was playing amongst the grass and mud. The skirt she's wearing seems a little too formal for what was probably quite a rough-and-tumble day out.

I wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte chose to wear the skirt, and couldn't be persuaded to wear anything warmer, in the manner of many young ones her age. If so, its possible that Mum decided to let her live with the consequences i.e. feeling a bit cold. Just a guess.

Old 04-14-2019, 06:23 PM
Majesty

The children are too adorable

https://twitter.com/CrownPandora/sta...816451586?s=20
Old 04-14-2019, 06:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I love the new photos of George and Mia. The two seem to have a particularly close bond and it's nice for both of them that they're the same age. I love Charlotte's skirt though think she would've been better with a pair of dungarees (which are very fashionable for young children and adults alike at the moment) or even a denim skirt especially if she was playing amongst the grass and mud. The skirt she's wearing seems a little too formal for what was probably quite a rough-and-tumble day out.
Charlotte is at the age where she might very well have wanted to wear the skirt, even if mom knew dungarees or jeans would have been a better choice.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

It seems to me that the Phillips kids, the Cambridge kids and the Tindall kids are going to be a tight circle. It is nice to see the relationships continuing with the children that the parents have with each other too.

LaRae
Old 04-15-2019, 07:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

It’s so crazy that Prince George wore a similar kind of sweater from Columbia that I used to wear in high school. Cool!

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-15-2019, 12:44 PM
Courtier

I love this picture. William and George have the same stance, both with hands in pocket.
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/47/88/10/4...f4e2f00d0d.jpg
Old 04-15-2019, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by caethi View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte chose to wear the skirt, and couldn't be persuaded to wear anything warmer, in the manner of many young ones her age. If so, its possible that Mum decided to let her live with the consequences i.e. feeling a bit cold. Just a guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
Charlotte is at the age where she might very well have wanted to wear the skirt, even if mom knew dungarees or jeans would have been a better choice.
You're probably right. Charlotte seems to be very determined in what she wants - even HM has said that Charlotte is the boss of George so I can imagine that she probably wanted to wear the skirt (especially since George is dressed more suitably for the occasion). Getting children to wear appropriate clothes and not what they want to is a hard task! I remember wearing a Disney princess dressing up dress to the supermarket when I was about Savannah's age even though it was a pretty weird thing for anyone else to go shopping in. But kids get away with it!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-16-2019, 12:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I love this picture. William and George have the same stance, both with hands in pocket.
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/47/88/10/4...f4e2f00d0d.jpg

William does not look happy in this picture. My guess is that he sees the photographer taking pictures of his family.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
William does not look happy in this picture. My guess is that he sees the photographer taking pictures of his family.
That's exactly what I thought, he hates them being photographed.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Unfortunately he knows the rest of their lives they are going to have to deal with that...it can't be a surprise though..they are always photographed when going to these public events.

LaRae
Old 04-16-2019, 03:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

He could have at least smile. I am inclined to think it was all a PR showing after the "Hanbury affair". "See what a happy family we are!"
Zara and Peter and their families have shown us that the horse trials are a PR goldmine. Everyone loves carefree photos of kids eating ice cream and having the time of their lives rolling down hills or riding in go karts.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, in this public setting, William should be happy for his kids being seen having a great time with their cousins. Lord knows we don’t get to see much of them at all.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-16-2019, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

I am not surprised he wasn't smiling...he doesn't want to make them money to begin with and he resents the hell out of the media. Can't hardly blame him.

I don't think it was PR..they do this every year (horse trials) with Zara and/or the Meades.

LaRae
Old 04-16-2019, 04:16 PM
Commoner

All a PR move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
He could have at least smile. I am inclined to think it was all a PR showing after the "Hanbury affair". "See what a happy family we are!"
Zara and Peter and their families have shown us that the horse trials are a PR goldmine. Everyone loves carefree photos of kids eating ice cream and having the time of their lives rolling down hills or riding in go karts.
I think this is what the Cambridges hate, being seen during “off time”.
Did they stage this meet up on purpose?
Old 04-16-2019, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Whilst it's totally understandable that the Cambridges want privacy, they must realise that there's a 95% chance someone will photograph them in such a public setting (especially if they're with other relatives, such as the horse trials here). They're such high profile members of the BRF that they'll be bound to turn some heads if they attend an already public event. I wouldn't expect the same from them if they were photographed popping off to the shops (because that's an invasion of privacy) but this is an event that will already get some coverage because it's a public competition.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-16-2019, 05:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think when they are going about their errands ..to the store, walking to a house etc they should be left alone.

Something like this, a very public event I think while yes I realize it's a pain and they don't like it ...this would be an acceptable venue to snap some pics. If nothing else it can help ease the kids into what to expect...no one is running after them with cameras, cornering them or trying to lure the kids etc.

But I can fully understand why they hate it.

LaRae
Old 04-16-2019, 05:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We're assuming that William wasn't smiling because he was being photographed. There are a zillion other reasons possible for him not smiling at that frozen second in time. Perhaps he had gas. Perhaps he was wearing new shoes that pinch. The possibilities are endless.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-16-2019, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think the Cambridges had an expectation of privacy at a very public event, where William's cousin was riding. It is like when William is playing polo and Kate takes the kids. They knew they would be photographed.

The event was very near Anmer in Norfolk. It was a horse event that Zara and her family were at--I think they went to see Zara ride and spend time with the Tindalls.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtns View Post
I think this is what the Cambridges hate, being seen during “off time”.
Did they stage this meet up on purpose?
Personally I think so. After all, if one doesn't care to be photographed the horse trials is not the right place to go.

Tags
british royal family, current events