Old 03-05-2019, 10:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
50th Anniversary Reception of The Prince of Wales’s Investiture-
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...wales?type=raw

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-05-2019, 02:20 PM
Majesty

video of the entrance, Harry and Meghan dont go to see the items on the table...
https://www.facebook.com/princessDia...0253200662792/
Old 03-05-2019, 02:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

They are apparently told to go straight to the door.
Maybe late on the schedule ?
Old 03-05-2019, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Harry and Meghan were waiting by the door when the others came up to the door. Maybe they had already looked at the items on the table before the event began?
Old 03-05-2019, 03:40 PM
Courtier

Harry and Meghan were at the entrance door on line to view the items at the table, but then they were ushered towards the next door by the Queen's equerry.

Old 03-05-2019, 03:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Yeah, I think the royal party was a little late getting in for the start of the event. They really didnít get a good look at the display.

I thought we wouldíve gotten some more video of the event. The Archbishop of Canterbury gave a speech and there was some musical selections.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-05-2019, 05:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

We didn't get much of the Queen's birthday party for Charles so why expect more this time.

The BRF don't show everything - a little glimpse is enough for them. They also know that if they did allow cameras in to show more all anyone would want to see is Kate and Meghan and what they are wearing as that is all the media and many royal followers care about. So why bother showing more when no one really cares except to see evidence of a rift (I believe they barely interacted as they were at opposite ends of a large room interacting with the guests - as were the rest of the royals - source Rob Jobson who was there on Channel 7 this morning in Australia) or what the two Duchesses wear.

Harry and Meghan are minor royals so no important enough to be taken into the display. Charles and the Queen, Camilla, William and Kate - the present monarch and the next two went in to see the regalia and the LPs, from 1958, that were on display.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
We didn't get much of the Queen's birthday party for Charles so why expect more this time.

The BRF don't show everything - a little glimpse is enough for them. They also know that if they did allow cameras in to show more all anyone would want to see is Kate and Meghan and what they are wearing as that is all the media and many royal followers care about. So why bother showing more when no one really cares except to see evidence of a rift (I believe they barely interacted as they were at opposite ends of a large room interacting with the guests - as were the rest of the royals - source Rob Jobson who was there on Channel 7 this morning in Australia) or what the two Duchesses wear.

Harry and Meghan are minor royals so no important enough to be taken into the display. Charles and the Queen, Camilla, William and Kate - the present monarch and the next two went in to see the regalia and the LPs, from 1958, that were on display.
What make you think Harry and Meghan are minor royals? Not enough to be taken into the display? If you are right then I lost my respect for the BRF. They are so outdated.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

You honestly think showing some video of the Archbishop of Canterburyís speech would be too much? Or even showing a bit of the music performance would be showing too much? Címon now!

Also, Harry and Meghan arenít minor royals.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-05-2019, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Fantastic to see the coverage of the event today and too see quite a good turnout even if the Yorks and Wessexes weren't present - I was pleasantly surprised to see Anne at the event and it was great to see her getting on so well with Meghan and Harry.
It seems that Theresa May and HM shared fashion ideas since they're both colour coordinating

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-05-2019, 06:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Harry and Meghan are minor royals.

Andrew has been a minor royal since William was born and his is the son of the monarch and was born 2nd in the line of succession. Harry is only the grandson of the monarch and was never 2nd in the line of succession.

If Andrew was a minor royal from the time he dropped to 3rd then Harry was always only a minor royal as he was only ever 3rd.

Harry is not yet even the child of the monarch - and probably won't be for another decade or so.

You can't describe Andrew as a minor royal from 1982 and not apply the same criteria to Harry.

Harry and Meghan were clearly shown their place today - not senior enough to be allowed to see the regalia up close - that shows how low they are in the scheme of things. Largely irrelevant to the future of the monarchy. They have a role to play doing duties but that is all.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I tend to look at the monarchy and the major and minor royals as one would look at a stage production. Of course, the core players, the stars are the major focus of the show but without their co-stars in minor supporting roles, the production wouldn't be quite as interesting.

The major royal line is The Queen, Charles and Camilla, William and Kate with George, Charlotte and Louis having cameo roles as they grow up. Harry and Meghan (along with Anne, Andrew and Edward and Sophie) are the minor co-stars but their roles are still valuable to the monarchy. The production (monarchy) rolls on seamlessly because they all do work together as a team.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-05-2019, 07:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Harry and Meghan were clearly shown their place today - not senior enough to be allowed to see the regalia up close - that shows how low they are in the scheme of things. Largely irrelevant to the future of the monarchy. They have a role to play doing duties but that is all.
If they had been so "minor" as you said, they would have been seated directly with Anne and the Linleys in the ballroom, without the lineup including, not less, the PM.
They had to cut short the display, Camilla and the Cambridges barely saw it, seems pretty obvious.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Harry and Meghan are minor royals.

Andrew has been a minor royal since William was born and his is the son of the monarch and was born 2nd in the line of succession. Harry is only the grandson of the monarch and was never 2nd in the line of succession.

If Andrew was a minor royal from the time he dropped to 3rd then Harry was always only a minor royal as he was only ever 3rd.

Harry is not yet even the child of the monarch - and probably won't be for another decade or so.

You can't describe Andrew as a minor royal from 1982 and not apply the same criteria to Harry.

Not seeing the "regalia" is somehow a measuring stick now? Kate, William, Charles and Camilla were clearly all a bit confused walking into the room about what they were supposed to be doing. I think they were running behind and it looks like their staff (you see the somewhat frantic equerry of the Queen trying to herd them) were trying to get everyone into the main reception room.

Anyway, I was really glad to see Anne there. She had a busy day! And as always, Lady Sarah was there to support her cousin. Its so nice how close her and Charles are.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
. . . .
Charles was trying to wave them in with William and Catherine so obviously he doesn't see them as 'minor', nor do the media. George may be next in line after his father but he is in Kindergarten. To need to point out that he, his sister and brother are not working royals is surely redundant. Kind of makes you wonder why people were thinking of calling them the fabulous fab four.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Not seeing the "regalia" is somehow a measuring stick now? Kate, William, Charles and Camilla were clearly all a bit confused walking into the room about what they were supposed to be doing. I think they were running behind and it looks like their staff (you see the somewhat frantic equerry of the Queen trying to herd them) were trying to get everyone into the main reception room.

Anyway, I was really glad to see Anne there. She had a busy day! And as always, Lady Sarah was there to support her cousin. Its so nice how close her and Charles are.
I noticed the confusion during the stroll, I attributed it to the absence of the DoE, for decades at these events he and the Queen would walk in together, followed by the rest of the royals in order of precedence. The new normal is still a work in progress and as the Queen was alone, Charles moved up to be with her, then Camilla kind of looked around and William moved up to walk by her leaving Catherine all alone because the equerry had moved the Wessexes through the room.
In any event I’m sure Harry and Meghan can study the regalia and LP of Charles becoming POW to their hearts content, but why would they want to? Unlike the Queen they’ll never create anyone to be the POW, unlike Charles and William, Harry will never be the POW, and unlike Camilla and Catherine, Meghan will never be the Princess of Wales.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:27 PM
Courtier

I will admit from the outset that I haven't been keeping up as much as I normally would because I have been sick for the last week. I was a bit disappointed with today's event. Somehow I was expecting something a bit grander: evening event, black tie, more people. I don't have the faintest idea where that expectation came from.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:18 AM
Majesty

Umm . . . same place as mine did? I thought it was worth a celebration.
Old 03-06-2019, 03:32 AM
Courtier

I think the daytime event & dress code was to suit the people who had been invited, including people from the Prince's charities & people who had benefitted from them. If you have an evening event then that has a cost implication for those who don't live in London. Also, a black tie event wouldn't suit many people's wardrobes. The daytime event & dress code were inclusive, which is what the Prince would want the event to be.

Tags
british royal family, current events