The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-04-2019, 12:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

I can understand this move...there have been some crazy, vile and scary comments made on their social media about the family members.

LaRae

Old 03-04-2019, 12:42 PM
Courtier

Excellent move & way overdue.

Old 03-04-2019, 01:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
We’ll be hearing about who will be attending this year’s Commonwealth Service on the 11th at Westminster Abbey soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I would think it will be the usual crowd....

LaRae
You are correct Pranter:

Quote:
The Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, accompanied by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and the Duke of York, will attend the Commonwealth Service @wabbey on Commonwealth Day, Monday 11th March.
https://twitter.com/MajestyMagazine/...04683108061185
Old 03-04-2019, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Anne was there last year IIRC...I wonder if she will be there and just isn't being mentioned?

LaRae
Old 03-04-2019, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Princess Anne was there last year IIRC...I wonder if she will be there and just isn't being mentioned?

LaRae
Princess Anne is in Edinburgh on 11th
Old 03-04-2019, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...trolls-police/

Royal Family threaten to block and report social media trolls to police as they issue new rules in wake of racist and sexist abuse

The Royal Family has published rules for followers of its social media channels, warning that anyone who posts offensive comments will be blocked or reported to the police in the wake of escalating abuse of the Duchesses of Cambridge and Sussex.
Finally! There are some truly vile comments made about Camilla, Catherine and Meghan on social media. I’ve long stopped reading any comments on any royal topic.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Princess Anne is in Edinburgh on 11th
Ah..thanks!
Old 03-04-2019, 05:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
I don't know if this is the correct thread, if not will the mods please move to the correct location. Thanks.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...trolls-police/

Royal Family threaten to block and report social media trolls to police as they issue new rules in wake of racist and sexist abuse

The Royal Family has published rules for followers of its social media channels, warning that anyone who posts offensive comments will be blocked or reported to the police in the wake of escalating abuse of the Duchesses of Cambridge and Sussex.

The Royal Family has issued guidelines on social media to create a "safe environment" on its Twitter and Instagram channels, urging "courtesy, kindness and respect".
----
https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...12192597999618

Today we have published guidelines for interacting with The Royal Family, @ClarenceHouse and @KensingtonRoyal social media channels. Read in full here:
https://www.royal.uk/social-media-community-guidelines
About time!
I cannot believe it took this long for the BRF to issue guidelines. This should have occurred at least a decade ago. The media and legal department of the BRF have had their heads so stuck in the sand and need to seriously get with the times and be a lot more proactive and adaptive to the modern world. The abuse Camilla, Kate and Meghan have endured on social media is disgusting to say the least.

Perhaps they should employ some of the moderators from here, because you guys do a brilliant job at moderating the forums!
Old 03-04-2019, 05:26 PM
Nobility

I'm happy this is being implemented now because it's been necessary for some time, from people calling Beatrice and Eugenie fat to the racist slurs thrown against Meghan. Hopefully people will learn that there are consequences for your actions.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Interesting and amusing story about the PoW’s coronet:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...PONG-ball.html

Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-04-2019, 08:31 PM
Nobility

The BRF needs to do something about Gary Janetti's IG account. Who gave him the right to use pics of George to bully Meghan, Kate, Charlotte, Savannah, Philips, etc? So disgusting.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Interesting and amusing story about the PoW’s coronet:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...PONG-ball.html
The ping pong ball story has been out there for a while - I heard about it more than 30 years ago.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:22 PM
Royal Highness

It's about time they did something about the social media trash. I love the last bit saying you go too far you will deal with law enforcement. I wonder how many of the trolls are crying freedom of speech. Let's see how many are willing to risk the loss of anonymity, reputation and possibly freedom if they are caught and exposed.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
The BRF needs to do something about Gary Janetti's IG account. Who gave him the right to use pics of George to bully Meghan, Kate, Charlotte, Savannah, Philips, etc? So disgusting.
They can't. The only places they can moderate and call the shots at are their own sites. The trolls can and will find other places to do as they wish but it won't be on any of the royal social media sites. The best way to handle accounts that do this kind of thing is to not frequent them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
It's about time they did something about the social media trash. I love the last bit saying you go too far you will deal with law enforcement. I wonder how many of the trolls are crying freedom of speech. Let's see how many are willing to risk the loss of anonymity, reputation and possibly freedom if they are caught and exposed.
They can yell "freedom of speech" until the cows come home but the fact remains that in society, there needs to be guidelines and rules for the good of all. One may have the "freedom" to yell "fire" in a theater but it comes with a heavy price to pay. One has the freedom to drive a car but needs to adhere to the rules of the road for the safety of all. The best way to avoid troll traffic is to refuse to go where they go.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-05-2019, 06:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

https://twitter.com/DelMody/status/1102885710888083456

Quote:
Prince Charles and Prince William meet Nicos Anastasiades, the President of the Republic of Cyprus, at Clarence House in London - ahead of the reception in Buckingham Palace later, by the The Queen, to mark the fiftieth anniversary of the investiture of the Prince of Wales
Looks like we might have some foreign visitors today.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Here are some first photos of the reception for the 50th anniversary of the Investiture of the Prince of Wales today, March 5:

** gettyimages/zimbio: Queen Elizabeth II Marks The Fiftieth Anniversary Of The Investiture Of The Prince of Wales **

** rex gallery ** hellomagazine: Meghan Markle brings the glamour in stunning gold dress at Buckingham Palace **

** dailymail: Meghan and Kate reunited! Duchesses make a rare joint appearance as the Queen hosts a party..**
Old 03-05-2019, 08:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I have been sat on twitter all morning, and the minute I get a phone call they appear!
Old 03-05-2019, 09:06 AM
Majesty

Everyone seems happy to be there. It looks as if Charles is thoroughly enjoying himself, perhaps discussing the memories of that occasion in 1969! Wonder if Camilla's green dress is a tribute to the green in the Welsh flag?
Old 03-05-2019, 09:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Everyone seems happy to be there. It looks as if Charles is thoroughly enjoying himself. Wonder if Camilla's green dress is a tribute to the green in the Welsh flag?
Considering that she's wearing a Prince of Wales feathers brooch with the emerald drop i would say yes !
Old 03-05-2019, 09:45 AM
Majesty

The photo I saw when I posted that earlier only showed a side to rear view of Camilla.

Lord Snowden of course designed that event fifty years ago. He said everything had to be run past the Garter King of Arms. Snowdon's assistant wanted the Welsh dragons on the banners to have knots in their tails, as he insisted they do in heraldry. Garter wouldn't have it. They were at an impasse until Snowden said 'Oh come on Garter darling! Can't you be a bit more elastic?'

Tags
british royal family, current events