The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-26-2019, 04:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Checking the FE for this date - The Queen has only this event listed. Anne has two other engagements while the Duke of Kent has 5 while the Duke of Gloucester has 1. Andrew has nothing - no surprises there as his are never announced in advance. Edward and Sophie also have nothing. Anne doesn't have this event listed however. Charles and Camilla have it listed on the Prince of Wales website.

The fact that only the Queen is listed on the FE suggests that it is possible that the entire family will be there and that no press release has indicated that Andrew and Edward are attending.

Old 02-28-2019, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth and Princess Anne received King Abdullah, Queen Rania and Crown Prince Hussein at Buckingham Palace today, February 28:

** Pic ** dailymail article ** pa gallery **

Old 03-01-2019, 10:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

We’ll be hearing about who will be attending this year’s Commonwealth Service on the 11th at Westminster Abbey soon.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-01-2019, 11:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

I would think it will be the usual crowd....

LaRae
Old 03-02-2019, 02:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

I wonder if a incoming Jordan State Visit is in the works? Or was this just a working visit?

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-02-2019, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

The State Visit from the present King to the UK took place already in 2001. I do not think he will make any again for the remainder of Elizabeth IIís reign.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 03-02-2019, 04:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII View Post
The State Visit from the present King to the UK took place already in 2001. I do not think he will make any again for the remainder of Elizabeth IIís reign.
Thats a long time ago.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-02-2019, 07:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought the protocol was each head of state made no more than 1 state visit, hence why we tend to see more State Visits by presidents than monarchs - Presidents of France and Presidents of US vs monarchs.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:04 AM
Courtier

I don't know if this is the correct thread, if not will the mods please move to the correct location. Thanks.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...trolls-police/

Royal Family threaten to block and report social media trolls to police as they issue new rules in wake of racist and sexist abuse

The Royal Family has published rules for followers of its social media channels, warning that anyone who posts offensive comments will be blocked or reported to the police in the wake of escalating abuse of the Duchesses of Cambridge and Sussex.

The Royal Family has issued guidelines on social media to create a "safe environment" on its Twitter and Instagram channels, urging "courtesy, kindness and respect".
----
https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...12192597999618

Today we have published guidelines for interacting with The Royal Family, @ClarenceHouse and @KensingtonRoyal social media channels. Read in full here:
https://www.royal.uk/social-media-community-guidelines
Old 03-04-2019, 08:29 AM
Majesty

I can't say how glad I am that KP and CH are moving on this, and not before time. How effective it will be in the long run who knows but these trolls have to be at least blocked.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:47 AM
Nobility

It’s about time they said something. It’s downright shameful it’s taken them this long to enact SM guidelines for posting. Meghan has been getting ripped on those platforms with little to none blowback to posters for their vile words.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States

This is a very much needed and responsible step being taken. The royal social media will no longer be a bridge that trolls live under and they'll go elsewhere.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-04-2019, 09:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Interesting and long waited move. Efficient ? Wait and see.
Average Joe will scream censorship or limitation of freedom of speech i presume.
What a wonderful world we are living in ....
Old 03-04-2019, 09:50 AM
Majesty

I don't believe the average UK or Commonwealth citizen will care much as the notion of freedom of speech is not an inalienable right as it is u th US.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well wonder how many abuses came from the US (like it was the case for Camilla some times ago) and from the UK / Commonwealth ...
Wait for the Daily Mail columnists in 3 - 2- 1 ...

Anyway we can all agree its a good move.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Interesting and long waited move. Efficient ? Wait and see.
Average Joe will scream censorship or limitation of freedom of speech i presume.
What a wonderful world we are living in ....
I don't think civil discourse will be affected, only those that threaten, use hate speech or are proponents of crazy conspiracy theories.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

You waited for it :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a....html#comments
Old 03-04-2019, 11:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I don't believe the average UK or Commonwealth citizen will care much as the notion of freedom of speech is not an inalienable right as it is u th US.
Freedom of speech in the US does not include freedom from consequences of that speech. Clearly, one of the consequences for bigoted, racist or threatening statements on the BRF's public media is getting your information turned over to the police. Sounds pretty clear to me (and an excellent and long-overdue idea, too).
Old 03-04-2019, 12:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
Freedom of speech in the US does not include freedom from consequences of that speech. Clearly, one of the consequences for bigoted, racist or threatening statements on the BRF's public media is getting your information turned over to the police. Sounds pretty clear to me (and an excellent and long-overdue idea, too).
Precisely. I don't know what's so hard to comprehend about what the RF issued about their social media accounts. You can have constructive criticism, you can disagree with each other, you can criticise the RF and you can even post your Republican ideas on their pages, but when it crosses the line of wishing someone dead, or wishing that a certain Duchess have a miscarriage or saying inflammatory/made up stories, then the family definitely has the right to delete or block your comment. As to turning over users information to the police, I applaud this whole heartedly. You don't threaten bodily harm on someone and don't think there will be consequences.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The more I think about it, the regulations and the standards and the rules that they've put into place on the royal family's social media sites pretty much echo what we agree to in our terms of service here and the rules and regulations put into place to keep The Royal Forums running smoothly.

As far as reporting to the police, if I'm not mistaken, in the UK, any kind of racist comment or a bodily threat towards someone in speech (written or verbally) is considered a hate crime. I'm sure someone will correct me here if I'm wrong.

Once again I applaud the actions taken. Social media sites and discussion sites like TRF set the rules. Just like when we were kids and our parents told us: "My house, my rules".

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~

Tags
british royal family, current events