British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The CSPAN link is also saying it's airing 1043 PM on Christmas Eve

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think they have the wrong time up.

The guide on from Comcast has a block on CSPAN from 1041 to 11 pm tonight. It's just labeled public affairs programming. So who knows. I think Victoria Arbiter on Twitter said that BBC America is also airing it at 10 Am on Christmas Day. 10 am on the east coast would be 3 pm in the UK which is the time it airs in the UK

Prince Harry is enjoying a restful escape to Sandringham, but was forced to play without his brother the Duke of Cambridge who sat out due to a twisted ankle-
Prince Harry shows off his skills in Christmas Eve village football match - Telegraph

It's a family affair: Prince Harry is joined by James Middleton in annual Sandringham Christmas Eve football match -
Prince Harry joined by James Middleton in Sandringham Christmas Eve football match | Daily Mail Online

It was nice that James Middleton was invited to play football at Sandringham. It is also great that Henry and James get along so well.

Royal Norway, Thank you for the amazing holiday article.
All the photos and post cards truly show the impressive grandeur of Christmas.
The centerpiece which Prince Albert designed is superb.

It is nice when a family attends church together.
Would you say that in the photo of Lady Louise, wearing her green scarf, she looks very much like a young Princess Anne?

In Anne and Timothy's card, I like the fact that Happy was used in the greeting for both Christmas and New Year.
The stonework and the greenery of the landscaping makes a very nice background.

When he wrote A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement C. Moore used "Happy Christmas". :reindeer::reindeer::reindeer::reindeer::reindeer::reindeer::reindeer::reindeer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like with his visit to Africa, Harry only invited a 'certain' Press Association photographer to the football match.
Nothing new because Harry despises the papps and press as much as William but Harry gets a pass and William gets taken to task.

Last edited:
Just like with his visit to Africa, Harry only invited a 'certain' Press Association photographer to the football match.
Nothing new because Harry despises the papps and press as much as William but Harry gets a pass and William gets taken to task.

I think this shows the difference in natures between the two brothers. William most likely would have scowled, cursed under his breath and kept going while Harry is the more "combustible" of the two and had no qualms about stopping and giving the photographer a piece of his mind.

What did the photographer do?

From what I gather on Twitter, Harry just didn't like them being there.

Why are these newspaper articles keep saying George might go to church with them? No way. He is too young to sit thru the service and they won't want him going thru the gauntlet of cameras back and forth. My bet is he stays at Amner with the Middletons playing with his new Christmas gifts.

Camilla didn't attend on advice from her doctors as she "put her back out".

Updated

Queen wraps up for early Christmas service | Daily Mail Online
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrived hand-in-hand for the traditional Christmas Day service at St Mary Magdalene Church on the Sandringham estate.

The royal couple were joined by the Princess Royal, flanked by her father, the Duke of Edinburgh and her husband, Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence, as they led members of the royal family from Sandringham to the church.

They were followed by Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice and Peter Phillips, who attended with his wife, Autumn. Prince Harry, who was the last to walk through the gates, was greeted by cheers from the crowds of well-wishers who had gathered to catch a glimpse of the family.

But some of them were sure to be disappointed as Prince George - who was rumoured to be attending today's service - was absent, believed to have been left at home with his nanny. Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, did not attend the service on the advice of doctors after she 'put her back out'.

The Queen, who was pictured wrapped up warmly in a brown fur coat as she joined her family for a private service on the estate this morning, was also missing from the group. She arrived at the church later.

Sophie walked?
Looks like Middletons are at Sandringham this year unless they've just come for the service :)

Why are these newspaper articles keep saying George might go to church with them? No way. He is too young to sit thru the service and they won't want him going thru the gauntlet of cameras back and forth. My bet is he stays at Amner with the Middletons playing with his new Christmas gifts.

James has alo not attend the past years and he is now already 7 years old.

I believe he is one of the Queen's equerries. He also attends Easter with the Windsors. This topic was discussed last year on another Royal forum and I am pretty sure it was discovered he was her equerry.

I love Eugenie's coat this year, but I do not like what Louise is wearing. I hated the coat at Easter and I hate it even more today. It's too big for her and her white tights and Mary Jane's should be a thing of the past for her. She looked so lovely last year...Kate looks nice today and the Queen looks lovely.

Sophie walked?
Looks like Middletons are at Sandringham this year unless they've just come for the service :)
I think Middletons spend Christmas at Anmer Hall and attended the church as all locals and their guests.
He walked in with Prince Harry at the private family service so he must be a close relative or married to a cousin etc.
He acts like a family member. And I saw him previously with prince Philip. But the Queen invites only family members, not cousins. An equerry? I am at a loss.

Last edited:
Yeah I said he was her Equerry. The topic cropped up last year on another forum. He is always at Christmas and Easter with the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom