The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-17-2018, 05:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't think she leaves for Norfolk until after the Christmas Lunch she throws for the entire extended family. I've not heard of that happening and someone mentioned that its usually on Wednesday in the week before Christmas?

May even be this week. Has anyone heard?

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Has the queen left for Norfolk yet?
No, not yet. She have to host the extended family pre-Christmas lunch first. Yes, I think that’s this week. She and the Duke of Edinburgh are enjoying the holidays at Windsor too before departing for Sandringham.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
No, the Christmas family lunch is this week. She leaves at the end of the week, afaik.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:46 PM
Courtier

According to the Daily Mail the christmas lunch is this wednesday. you can expect the Queen to leave for Norfolk on Thursday or Friday.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
She doesn't usually go before parliament recess, which starts on Thursday 20th this year.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

and with things how they are at the moment in parliament I don’t blame her!
Old 12-17-2018, 06:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
The article clearly states that it's about the Boxing day shoot.
Could Prince Harry compromise and participate in the Boxing Day shoot every other year?
Old 12-17-2018, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Could Prince Harry compromise and participate in the Boxing Day shoot every other year?
I don't think the rumors are true. He went to Germany to hunt for two years in a row after he and Meghan started dating. I believe the story was neither of the princes participated in the hunt last year. Not sure why this is being rehashed.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
and with things how they are at the moment in parliament I don’t blame her!

It's pantomime season in there! They'll be throwing custard pies at each other by Wednesday.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
No, the Christmas family lunch is this week. She leaves at the end of the week, afaik.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
According to the Daily Mail the christmas lunch is this wednesday. you can expect the Queen to leave for Norfolk on Thursday or Friday.
https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...ion-this-year/

Also, according to the latest episode of ITV's Royal Rota with Chris Ship (linked in the Electronic Library thread), the Cambridges and the Sussexes will be in attendance this year at Sandringham for Christmas festivities. And the rumors of Meghan's mother having been invited have been scotched. Perhaps Meghan's mother was intially being considered to be invited. Maybe Meghan's mother will come to visit her daughter and son-in-law sometime in December, but she won't be at Sandringtham. The rumors of Meghan's Mom moving permanently to England are also inaccurate. I could be wrong, but I thought the Middletons have actually attended Sandringham church service at least once. Of course, it's not a usual practice to invite members of in-law extended families.

[...] Now there are conflicting news reports indicating variously that Meghan's Mom "is welcome at Sandringham but she wasn't formally invited," and in other versions that Doria "turned down an invitation." The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
https://people.com/royals/meghan-mar...-royal-family/
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...for-christmas/

W&K were initially rumored to be spending Christmas with Kate's Middleton family members. But perhaps it was thought best for the 'Fab Four' to appear together again this year in a show of unity to help dispel the invidious rumors of rifts and tension.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:40 PM
Royal Highness

I thought Majesty Magazine was not a tabloid. The Janaury issue has Ingrid Seward stating as fact that Doria was invited. So Majesty magazine now uses the tabloids as sources?
Old 12-17-2018, 07:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

She may have been invited and declined that invitation. We simply don't know. Just because a person doesn't turn up doesn't mean they weren't invited in the first place.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:53 PM
Royal Highness

True. Good point.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Oh, Megs! What were you thinking?Royal Christmas cards divide our expert panel so which one would you prefer sitting on YOUR mantlepiece?
-Strikingly different cards show both traditional warmth and seasonal glamour
-Dickie Arbiter, ex-press spokesman for Queen, preferred relaxed Cambridges
-Margaret Holder, royal screenwriter, said it was 'fascinating' that Meghan picked a photo so reminiscent of the save-the-date card from her first wedding
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ert-panel.html
I like all of the royal Christmas cards. They are all definitely keepsakes. Most likely, the photographer happened to take the shot and M&H really like it, and thus decided to feature it on their Xmas card. I think it's a lovely expression of the most special day of this year for them, and also a nice reflection of the fact they will be making Frogmore Cottage at Windsor their full-time residence. It is certainly an unexpected and unconventional choice for a Xmas card. But it's just a Xmas card after all.

Here's a nice feature showing British royal family Xmas cards through the years. The ones of Diana PofW with Prince Charles and their sons have reportedly been sold at auction in recent years.
https://www.eonline.com/photos/23281...e-years/814736
Old 12-18-2018, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator

Please note that several posts discussing the topic of hunting have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ion-36574.html thread.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nvitation.html

Apparently Doria Ragland declined HM's invitation to celebrate Christmas at Sandringham.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Many sources said that Doria had been invited to Sandringham for Christmas - not just the DM. She isn't going which would suggest that she did say 'thank you but I will stay at home for Christmas'.

She also has to watch her visas for the UK as she is limited to how long she can be there within a twelve month period and will want to be there with her daughter when she has the baby so it probably makes more sense for her to plan to be there for the birth and Easter rather than another trip over Christmas.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:58 PM
Nobility

I believe there was another report saying Ms. Ragland will not be at Sandringham but the Sussexes plan to leave early to spend time with her at their rented house in oxfordshire after so Ms. Ragland will likely spend the holiday season with the Sussexes but not Christmas day with them.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

We really don’t know who will be at Sandringham until the family start showing up to church.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-18-2018, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Many sources said that Doria had been invited to Sandringham for Christmas - not just the DM. She isn't going which would suggest that she did say 'thank you but I will stay at home for Christmas'.
Eh, I don't know if multiple places reporting it adds any more credibility to it at this point. It just seems they are taking each other's story and either re-reporting it or adding to it.

Tags
christmas