The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-26-2017, 08:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
They were wanding the crowd. I saw a pic of a little kid being scanned over.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-26-2017, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I listened to HM's Christmas speech this afternoon and I have to say I really liked this year's speech because it mentioned topical issues and seemed quite modern in its style to me - and I loved the choir singing at the beginning. Cute to see the photos she has of George and Charlotte on the desk too.

On another note, does anyone have any photos of the Snowdons at Sandringham this year? I could only manage to find one of the Earl and his son.
I thought I saw Serena in a photo--not sure if it was Sunday or Christmas though. The Chattos were there as well.

Old 12-26-2017, 09:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Isn't there also a timing element involved? There was a lot of people, but the queen had already returned to her home in her car. The young royals walk back to the house. They could not have stayed too long interacting with the crowds as they would have risked returning late. The royal are on a strict time table for Christmas day.
Kate told someone in the crowd they all had to get back for tea. I think they were on a schedule and that's why they didn't stay long. No one really did. In other videos you see them stop once or twice but that's it. Though I get why folks were disappointed.
Old 12-26-2017, 09:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Tom and Lorenzo:

https://tomandlorenzo.com/2017/12/pr...hurch-service/

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-27-2017, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I’ve deleted the discussion about the Queen’s great-grandchildren and whether they’re official royals. Let’s get back on topic, please.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:47 AM
Nobility

I’m 95% percent sure the T & L got the model of Meghan boots wrong. The heel she has looks slightly slimmer at the bottom than that of the proposed model. There’s a similar looking model with a similar heel thickness at the bottom- I think the name was highland.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

They could be a pair she's had for awhile also. Right brand wrong model etc.

LaRae

Emily Andrews‏Verified account
@byEmilyAndrews

MoreOn #Meghanmarkle’s first royal Christmas at Sandringham #PrinceHarry said: “the family loved having her there... we had an amazing time staying with my brother & sister-in-law and running around with the kids... it’s the family she’s never had”
Old 12-27-2017, 04:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

aHa! Confirms what I thought would happen. Harry and Meghan stayed at Anmer Hall with the Cambridges. That had to have been a fun time especially for the kids being able to play with Uncle Harry.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 12-27-2017, 04:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yep! I think several of us figured she'd be staying there! Sounds like they had a great time too!

Harry's gotten a little flack for his wording (twitter world) but so far nothing major.

LaRae
Old 12-27-2017, 11:34 PM
Courtier

Is there any truth to Prince Harry skipping Boxing Day shoot to please Meghan? I keep reading this headline, but I find it hard to believe since he very recently went boar hunting (if that was true). I am not sure what to believe anymore in the news. Anyway, here is one of the articles that says this:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/520502...ing-day-shoot/

Also, I put this in the British Royal Christmas thread since the Boxing Day Shoots is part of their tradition. I wasn't sure of anyplace else to put it.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think that is just the media trying to spin that story.

LaRae
Old 12-28-2017, 12:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Give the media a thread and they'll knit a story out of it.

Its just possible that with staying at Amner with Meghan, he chose to forgo the Boxing Day shoot and spend the time with family at Anmer. This is a man that has been craving his own family life for a while now and now that he's going to get it, he's going to revel in it.

Harry and Meghan just don't come off as the kind of a couple where one would "make" the other do or don't do something. At least, not to me.

Old 12-28-2017, 12:46 AM
Courtier

I bet he would just rather spend the day hugged up with his gorgeous new fiance, vs. running around in the cold shooting at animals.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Considering she didn't blink when he went boar hunting recently, I say the story is made up. Trying to stir up trouble as usual

Tad surprised that they stayed at Anmer. Only because I would have thought the Middletons would be there. I have a feeling Kate's family didn't join them this year at Anmer. Not sure Harry and Meghan would have been there.

Do we know they were even there at Boxing day?? As said, he may want to be enjoying his fiancé. Being in a noisy house with kids may not add to that. Its always a bit uncomfortable being in someone else's home, being a guest. Having any real private time either.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:56 AM
Heir Apparent

They probably left at some point on Boxing Day to return to London as Harry was in studio bright and early this morning. I wish people would stop using Meghan on these stories. She loves rescue dogs, but she’s hardly an animal rights activist like PETA. I’m sure she’s for conservation and not hun endangered species, but she eats meat. And someone had to kill those animal for those of us that are meat eaters to eat. So I’m sure she’s not against all humane and legal hunting.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

For all we know she went along with him! I understand that is done too...there is the main hunting party and then others who go along with them to watch or whatever.

LaRae
Old 12-28-2017, 02:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Considering she didn't blink when he went boar hunting recently, I say the story is made up. Trying to stir up trouble as usual
That is what I suspected, just like they are making a big deal about PH statement of "the family she never had." Not only does the media make a big deal, MM half-sister Samantha takes every opportunity to stir up trouble.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Now this is just too cute. I think Meghan's most likely found her niche with the Queen at Christmas with just the perfect gift for HM.

https://www.aol.com/article/lifestyl...rics/23328661/

Old 01-09-2018, 11:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

And they would know this how ?????
Old 01-10-2018, 05:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Don't ask me.

These kind of things do tend to leak out. The story about the white leather toilet seat of Charles has been around for a long time. I just thought it was cute.

Tags
christmas