The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-26-2017, 12:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The reason there's no photos of any visits by Sarah to the Balmoral estate is the same reason why we don't know things about the Christmas arrivals at Sandringham this year as was discussed up threads. Photos of the family when they're on their private estates are prohibited.

Then again, I don't see the York princesses as "damaged" at all. They are grown women that happily visited their grandmother over this Christmas holiday and to me, have the best of both worlds. They're part of the royal family yet they're also private citizens to do as they please.
Osipi, the point is, we DO see pics of Fergie going to Balmoral. She is always photographed in Aberdeen getting into a car for Balmoral. These visits are always documented in the press. I don't think it is HM's press people tipping off the photographers.

Her daughters are in a tough spot. Nuff said.

Old 12-26-2017, 12:26 AM
Moderator Emeritus

What does Sarah’s presence, or lack of a presence, have to do with the British Royal Christmas?

Old 12-26-2017, 12:41 AM
Administrator

Exactly....Sarah is not at the Royal Christmas so I don't understand why we are so focused on her. Isn't there enough to discuss?

And really...the arm chair psychiatry needs to stop...damaged daughters?

Additional off topic posts will be deleted without noticed.

Let's stay on topic.

Old 12-26-2017, 12:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Still. It sends a message. Not ready for prime time. @sneakersatsandringham
Not at all, just another unjustified criticism of a young woman.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2000 View Post
Not a fashion show right, but respect.

People go to work Everyday, and still go dressed accordingly.

As for being religious, i get that. Grew up in the church. 3 days a week, and on sundays from 8am untill 3 pm. Then, back for evening service at 6 to 8pm.
She was dressed accordingly. Just not to your standards. There was nothing immodest, or unseeming about her outfit. She wasn't in ripped clothes, showing skin or anything else wrong. She made the Walk to church, which is not a short jaunt across the road. If she chose to wear more comfortable trainers to make the earlier walk, good on her.

I see no reason to mention how often you attend. Its no competition who is the better church goer.

As for Sarah or anyone else being there or not....they find a great balance. The only new editions I'd think possible when Charles is king, would be his stepchildren and their families. I don't see him allowing Sarah to join, even after his father passes, unless Andrew remarries. It would be nice if Camilla's kids were included, but I don't think they will. The division will be maintained likely, and Camilla will likely continue as she does. Or perhaps they will stay at Wood farm, and be part of the private celebrations but not the church walk.

Even royals have in laws. It makes sense that they all take time to be with the other side of the family. Harry and Meghan may be like Peter and Autumn in years to come. They may spend an extra day or two, since her family isn't close (and perhaps visit after). They are all together for the two major days, and spend time together (as well as Christmas lunch). And then they go their own way. Pretty common in most families. Our family had a big dinner tonight with all the individual families together (extended). The core families all had their own breakfast and events prior.

Seems Meghan got over her nerves and did well enough. Charles seemed to join in a bit with them. She seems to be easing into the family well.

The queen's speech was moving
Old 12-26-2017, 03:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
She was dressed accordingly. Just not to your standards. There was nothing immodest, or unseeming about her outfit. She wasn't in ripped clothes, showing skin or anything else wrong. She made the Walk to church, which is not a short jaunt across the road. If she chose to wear more comfortable trainers to make the earlier walk, good on her.

I see no reason to mention how often you attend. Its no competition who is the better church goer.

As for Sarah or anyone else being there or not....they find a great balance. The only new editions I'd think possible when Charles is king, would be his stepchildren and their families. I don't see him allowing Sarah to join, even after his father passes, unless Andrew remarries. It would be nice if Camilla's kids were included, but I don't think they will. The division will be maintained likely, and Camilla will likely continue as she does. Or perhaps they will stay at Wood farm, and be part of the private celebrations but not the church walk.
I think you might be right about Camilla’s kids. Another reason for them not to do the church walk is they are raised Roman Catholic, if memories serve me correctly. Andrew Parker Bowles and Camilla even married in Catholic Church.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I think you might be right about Camilla’s kids. Another reason for them not to do the church walk is they are raised Roman Catholic, if memories serve me correctly. Andrew Parker Bowles and Camilla even married in Catholic Church.
Doesn't rule them out attending.

I certainly attend other services with my family. And I felt at home enough in Anglican service when I lived in the UK. My father's family is RC which I was raised, but my mother's family is a mix of protestant. I often attend Christmas eve with my cousin and her kids at the Alliance church. I don't think Camilla's kids would be out of place attending service at the Anglican church with the family if they chose.

That said, I do think Charles will continue the PUBLIC separation between the two families. But in private I think we may see Camilla's family incorporated a bit more. Well not see, as no photos in private estate.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:21 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Recent discussion on race has been moved to the new thread: The British Royal Family: Race & Racism
Old 12-26-2017, 10:50 AM
Nobility

I don't think the York Princesses' outfits and hats were terrible. In fact, I think they were on the same level as Meghan's, which was honestly not all that but people are just overhyping what she wore.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here are some extra photos from Christmas morning @ the Church of St Mary Magdalene in Sandringham

PPE Agency

8th of January,2020 -Death of HRH The Infanta Doña Pilar of Spain, Duchess of Badajoz,Dowager Viscountess de la Torre
Old 12-26-2017, 12:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

A crowd video from yesterday.

I have no issues with the young girl wearing sneakers to church. The higher power doesn't care what is on her feet. Also she not the first to wear comfortable shoes for a long walk. Hell I wear full on dresses and always bring comfy shoes to change into. Meh.
Old 12-26-2017, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I listened to HM's Christmas speech this afternoon and I have to say I really liked this year's speech because it mentioned topical issues and seemed quite modern in its style to me - and I loved the choir singing at the beginning. Cute to see the photos she has of George and Charlotte on the desk too.

On another note, does anyone have any photos of the Snowdons at Sandringham this year? I could only manage to find one of the Earl and his son.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-26-2017, 06:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

I never really watched the speech as she is not ''my'' Monarch, but even I got a slight lump in my throat thinking back to Manchester and the Grenfell fire. Those were such true testaments to human kindness and rallying by civilians.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
I've never heard of the usage "Fab Four" before but I do think they seem tight. I'm happy that Harry finally has a companion and isn't just a third wheel or lone wolf of the Wales branch.
It definitely is noted in Prince Harry's happy expression that he is not a third wheel.
I like the fact that Queen Elizabeth II had a bunch of daffodils before the church service. Daffodils are a true sign of Spring!
Old 12-26-2017, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
I like the fact that Queen Elizabeth II had a bunch of daffodils before the church service. Daffodils are a true sign of Spring!
Winter only just started in the UK, it’s a long way to spring and Easter.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:02 PM
Royal Highness

Ah, yes but we can dream of spring can't we and besides those flowers smell heavenly and the if you touch the petals they are so soft.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
A crowd video from yesterday.

I have no issues with the young girl wearing sneakers to church. The higher power doesn't care what is on her feet. Also she not the first to wear comfortable shoes for a long walk. Hell I wear full on dresses and always bring comfy shoes to change into. Meh.

Lovely video (minus the awful music). I wonder if Harry and Meghan/William and Kate split the crowd. Besides the one interaction with the woman in the wheelchair (?), Harry and Meghan didn't seem to interact, but later pics show Meghan and Harry with several bouquets. Whereas William and Kate interacted with those close to the church. But Harry was definitely less interactive this year. I hope this doesn't become a trend.

Still a little sad we didn't see more crowd interaction. That has always been my favorite part of Sandringham. The Mirror and some other papers said that those who lined the route were not pleased with the lack of engagement from the royals. Wonder why they were more distant this year.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Still a little sad we didn't see more crowd interaction. That has always been my favorite part of Sandringham. The Mirror and some other papers said that those who lined the route were not pleased with the lack of engagement from the royals. Wonder why they were more distant this year.
My guesstimate is that they were erring on the side of caution. Especially after what has happened in the UK recently. We saw the results of that in the very much beefed up security implemented among the crowds gathering for the traditional walk to church. The Queen, herself, even recognized this in her Christmas speech this year.

So, in a nutshell, I think they were being rightfully wary.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-26-2017, 08:33 PM
Royal Highness

Isn't there also a timing element involved? There was a lot of people, but the queen had already returned to her home in her car. The young royals walk back to the house. They could not have stayed too long interacting with the crowds as they would have risked returning late. The royal are on a strict time table for Christmas day.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
My guesstimate is that they were erring on the side of caution. Especially after what has happened in the UK recently. We saw the results of that in the very much beefed up security implemented among the crowds gathering for the traditional walk to church. The Queen, herself, even recognized this in her Christmas speech this year.

So, in a nutshell, I think they were being rightfully wary.

I think I read that they were actually ‘wanding’ some of the onlookers.

Abraham Lincoln

Tags
christmas