The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-29-2018, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
I would guess Christmas 2020 is more likely than next year if all three debut at the same time. Isla was 5 years & 8 months old, while Savannah was 7 years old last year when they made their Christmas service debut. I expect the Cambridges want to keep their children out of the spotlight as much as possible and George doesn't seem to be quite as comfortable with crowds and hordes of photographers as Charlotte. It's a far different animal to take two youngsters like Savannah & Isla who are, at best, of only slight media and public interest versus the Cambridge kids or Mia, who falls somewhere in the middle of the two extremes with respect to media interest.
That's true. George, Charlotte and Louis aren't seen as much as other heirs in Europe and understandably the Cambridges probably wish to keep it that way until they're all old enough to decide whether they want to be public or private people (George will have less of a choice being the future king, but Charlotte and Louis and any other children they may possibly have in the near future will be able to be make a more flexible choice).

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-29-2018, 06:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Mike Tindall give us a bit of an insight into Christmas with the family at Sandringham-

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-29-2018, 07:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love that the Queen Zara and Mike had a "mini Christmas" just the 3 of them while the others were at church the year of the miscarriage.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Love that the Queen Zara and Mike had a "mini Christmas" just the 3 of them while the others were at church the year of the miscarriage.
I do too. I also didn’t know the royal family have a cold buffet on Christmas Day because the staff is off on that day. It’s great that Zara buys Christmas gifts for everyone, forthe extended family at the Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace. She’s basically the Santa Claus of the family. Yes, the Christmas dinner is a black tie affair.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-29-2018, 09:54 PM
Royal Highness

Did Mike Tindall say they have a cold buffet on Christmas day? Blimey on a freezing cold day they have to eat cold food! I only watched about up to where the stout arrived. It's funny he should say that because we watched yet another short documentary a few days ago about what the Royals eat for Christmas lunch. They interviewed an ex chef from Sandrigham who said they have Roast Turkey stuffed and with gravy, mashed potato, carrot, brussel sprouts and parsnips. All served Hot of course.
Then plum pudding for desert.
I honestly can't imagine tucking into cold cuts on a freezing cold day.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I would imagine that because the formal Christmas dinner is on Christmas Eve, there are quite a few leftovers to be had. I think its pretty nice that the family takes into consideration that their staff want to be home with family too and go with a cold buffet on Christmas day.

When we think of royalty, we don't usually think of them as fending for themselves and eating like everybody else does but the Windsors are great for this kind of thing when they're on their own private time. Even with the BBQs that Philip has, its the Queen herself that will do the dishes and clean up.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-29-2018, 10:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Did Mike Tindall say they have a cold buffet on Christmas day? Blimey on a freezing cold day they have to eat cold food! I only watched about up to where the stout arrived. It's funny he should say that because we watched yet another short documentary a few days ago about what the Royals eat for Christmas lunch. They interviewed an ex chef from Sandrigham who said they have Roast Turkey stuffed and with gravy, mashed potato, carrot, brussel sprouts and parsnips. All served Hot of course.
That chef hasn't worked for the Royal Family in over 20 years. Times change. I imagine there is soup. And heating.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-29-2018, 10:35 PM
Royal Highness

I hear what you are saying. But this chef showed that he would roast the Turkey and cook the vege etc and have everything for when they return from church. He showed in the doco how he prepared all the dishes.
He said he would roast quite a few turkeys for all the staff as well. The family would sit down for lunch at 1.15pm.

Sorry Cepe we were writing at the same time. I would hope things have changed in 20 yrs. His menu was very boring.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
They do have all that and some on Christmas Eve. Iím sure they have a pretty nice spread in the buffet on Christmas Day. Itís just the main festivities takes place on Christmas Eve.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-30-2018, 05:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mike said that they have a buffet as the Queen likes as few staff to have to work Christmas Day as possible. I guess theres a possibility either the lunch straight from church or the dinner later that day could be something cooked and Mike was talking about the other. I'm much more inclined to believe Mike over a chef who hasn't worked for the RF for 20+ years.
Go Zara buying so many presents for everyone including the extended family! Love that Mike for a Christmas suit and that he said "well HM loves bright colours" certainly shows a more relaxed side of the royal family at Christmas than we might think.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
That's true. George, Charlotte and Louis aren't seen as much as other heirs in Europe and understandably the Cambridges probably wish to keep it that way until they're all old enough to decide whether they want to be public or private people (George will have less of a choice being the future king, but Charlotte and Louis and any other children they may possibly have in the near future will be able to be make a more flexible choice).

I am pretty sure they will get extensive media coverage when they grow up and Charles or William are kings.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I do too. I also didnít know the royal family have a cold buffet on Christmas Day because the staff is off on that day. Itís great that Zara buys Christmas gifts for everyone, forthe extended family at the Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace. Sheís basically the Santa Claus of the family. Yes, the Christmas dinner is a black tie affair.

Don't the other family members buy gifts for everyone too? It would be odd if Zara were the only one in the family to do it, which I doubt.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
It's pretty normal in the UK to eat cold cut leftovers Boxing Day forwards even if they weather is cold so they certainly aren't the only ones.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Don't the other family members buy gifts for everyone too? It would be odd if Zara were the only one in the family to do it, which I doubt.
Yeah, I’m just saying it’s nice that Zara buys gift even for the extended family. I’m just used to folks buying gifts for their immediate loved ones. Not for every single person in the extended family. You gotta have some mulla to be able to do that.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-30-2018, 08:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yeah, Iím just saying itís nice that Zara buys gift even for the extended family. Iím just used to folks buying gifts for their immediate loved ones. Not for every single person in the extended family. You gotta have some mulla to be able to do that.
The biggest thing this all tells me is that Zara is a person that feels joy in giving. It doesn't mean that she spends a gazillion green dollars on gifts for the extended family though. She could buy something little like a scented candle for the ladies and small snowmen tie tacks for the men. Its the thought that counts.

I think its those times such as the Queen, Zara and Mike had with HM due to HM being under the weather and Mike and Zara recently suffering a loss that creates those special one-on-one times. Its those kind of times that we tend to carry with us for the rest of our lives.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
George, Charlotte and Louis are not heirs. They are respectively 3rd, 4th and 5th in line to the throne. I am pretty sure they will get extensive media coverage when they grow up and Charles or William are kings.
They are all heirs to the throne even if they are 1st or 51st. That's what being in the line means.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The biggest thing this all tells me is that Zara is a person that feels joy in giving. It doesn't mean that she spends a gazillion green dollars on gifts for the extended family though. She could buy something little like a scented candle for the ladies and small snowmen tie tacks for the men. Its the thought that counts.

I think its those times such as the Queen, Zara and Mike had with HM due to HM being under the weather and Mike and Zara recently suffering a loss that creates those special one-on-one times. Its those kind of times that we tend to carry with us for the rest of our lives.
Yeah, itís all very nice of, Zara. Itís why I love Christmas. The spirit of giving and joy is something very precious.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-30-2018, 12:28 PM
Courtier

Since the video is 55 minutes long and seems to have a lot of non-Christmas-at-Sandringham content, would someone who's watched it be willing to identify the relevant time stamps, please?
Old 12-30-2018, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Relevant time stamps in regarding to what?

LaRae
Old 12-30-2018, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

What time indicated on the video where it begins to talk about Christmas at Sandringham. Like the 2:13 mark etc....

Tags
christmas