The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-25-2018, 07:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Yes I was wondering if Lady Sarah Chatto was there ,I forgot about the Earl and Countess of Snowdon.
I think it has been awhile since either the Queen's niece or nephew and their families have actually been at Sandringham for Christmas. I know we've seen them visit the Queen later during her Sandringham residency.

Old 12-25-2018, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Then I would be very surprised we didn't get photos if the public were allowed to line the route to the church.
It’s very strange indeed. I remember the pics from first service came out before the official walk to the second service last year. Was following it live since it was Meghan’s first Christmas at Sandringham.

Old 12-25-2018, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

It looks as if there wasn't much interaction between Harry and William….
Old 12-25-2018, 09:50 PM
Majesty

It's a lovely picture with the family walking down to the church on Christmas Day, but I always got the notion that those that went to early service virtually sneaked down for the Communion Service because to them it was private.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:10 AM
Nobility

Lady Sarah's son posted about going for a Christmas run in a national park in the south of the country this morning. I suppose they are with the other side of the family.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
It looks as if there wasn't much interaction between Harry and William….
Was unlikely to be, as they walked with the ladies in the middle, with a view to showing some interaction between the ladies. If the men had spoken to each other, it would have been over the ladies, which would have been rather rude.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:39 AM
Royal Highness

Scroll down to see a cute instagram video of William, Kate, Harry and Meghan arriving back at the Sandringham gates after church.

EDIT: scroll right down to the end and see another video of them and Prince Charles walking tnrough the gates to church.

https://whatmeghanwore.net/2018/12/2...hurch-service/
Old 12-26-2018, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I took matters into my own hands. Did several Twitter searches back to before dawn on the 25th for Sandringham. It does not appear anyone took photos of the family at the dawn Communion service (though many people were there and taking/posting pictures). I hope I am wrong. Or that the RF went elsewhere. Or that people there did not tag their photos. But it's odd.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I think it has been awhile since either the Queen's niece or nephew and their families have actually been at Sandringham for Christmas. I know we've seen them visit the Queen later during her Sandringham residency.
Looking through the videos from the last 8 Christmas morning walks, it appears that the Snowdon and Chatto families attend every other year, on the odd years.

They were there in 2011, 2013, 2015, and 2017, but not in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016 or this year.
Old 12-26-2018, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Hel...I have noticed that as well. I assume that the Chattos and Linley's are spending time with their in-laws...which is the norm for most families.

Old 12-26-2018, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think they alternate every other year so both sides of the family get to spend christmas with them (the rf and the in laws). Do Zara and Peter attend every year or alternate? I really can’t rememember atm and only can think of Zara missing it because of her misscarriage and being in australia. If they do I wonder if they co-ordinate so when the Chattos and Snowdons arent there Peter and Zara are.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:21 PM
Royal Highness

Lovely photos here of the Duchess of Sussex!
https://mobile.twitter.com/Anvilius/...59207611928577
Old 12-26-2018, 06:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Lovely photos here of the Duchess of Sussex!
https://mobile.twitter.com/Anvilius/...59207611928577
Very sweet pictures. You just can't fake that kind of happiness in one's facial expressions. With reading the responses, it seems like the conversation was between one mother to another and that's what made it so personal.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-26-2018, 06:41 PM
Heir Apparent

It was nice to see that even Jack Brooksbank held a bouquet of flowers. I like Sophie's bright blue coat.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:01 PM
Majesty

This article says that Harry, William and Charles did go shooting on Boxing Day and that Meghan, Kate, the Queen and Prince Philip joined them for lunch at Wood Farm. Meghan was in the Queen's Land Rover.

It's a Fail article but apparently they were spotted in land rovers etc making their way there so I think it should be accurate.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-feast.html
Old 12-26-2018, 09:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing I can't fault the Fail for is their photos. They're amazing and probably the source of the best photos to be had.

It seems like its a good time being had by all for these holidays. Christmas eatings at the Queen's "Big House" and a lunch today at Philip's Wood Farm. This is definitely an older couple that can easily say "your place or mine?"

Actually, Wood Farm appeals to me more than the "Big House" does. It looks far cozier.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-27-2018, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Nice to see the photos from Christmas Day - Savannah and Isla look so sweet in their little coats. I hope Mia will be able to join them soon as it will be cute to see them together, and then eventually George and Charlotte will be with them too.
Looking at the photos of her from Christmas it's only just struck me how much Eugenie resembles Sarah. Jack seems nice; he seemed quite nervous during the walk up to Sandringham but that's understandable (since he wasn't use to being near cameras beforehand like Meghan had).
I guess the Snowdons and Chattos spent Christmas with their non-royal families this year. They attended last year so they probably rotated this Christmas.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-27-2018, 04:55 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Nice to see the photos from Christmas Day - Savannah and Isla look so sweet in their little coats. I hope Mia will be able to join them soon as it will be cute to see them together, and then eventually George and Charlotte will be with them too.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Mia, George, and Charlotte all start attending the service at about the same time; Mia is about 6 months younger than George, and Charlotte a year and a bit younger than Mia.

When the time comes, I think Louis, Lena, and Baby Sussex will all start attending at the same time.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I wouldn’t be surprised if Mia, George, and Charlotte all start attending the service at about the same time; Mia is about 6 months younger than George, and Charlotte a year and a bit younger than Mia.

When the time comes, I think Louis, Lena, and Baby Sussex will all start attending at the same time.
I agree. It makes sense since they're all of a similar age. IIRC last Christmas was the first time Savannah and Isla attended, so perhaps next Christmas we'll see George, Charlotte and Mia (or Christmas 2020 depending on how well the three can cope with church services, I remember that Viscount Severn started attending later because it was reported that he gets bored easily).

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-28-2018, 06:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I agree. It makes sense since they're all of a similar age. IIRC last Christmas was the first time Savannah and Isla attended, so perhaps next Christmas we'll see George, Charlotte and Mia (or Christmas 2020 depending on how well the three can cope with church services, I remember that Viscount Severn started attending later because it was reported that he gets bored easily).
I would guess Christmas 2020 is more likely than next year if all three debut at the same time. Isla was 5 years & 8 months old, while Savannah was 7 years old last year when they made their Christmas service debut. I expect the Cambridges want to keep their children out of the spotlight as much as possible and George doesn't seem to be quite as comfortable with crowds and hordes of photographers as Charlotte. It's a far different animal to take two youngsters like Savannah & Isla who are, at best, of only slight media and public interest versus the Cambridge kids or Mia, who falls somewhere in the middle of the two extremes with respect to media interest.

Tags
christmas