The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-20-2018, 01:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Philip seems to spend most of his time at Windsor Castle these days.
At least, that is where he is usually photographed.

I'm surprised the Queen doesn't move Christmas celebrations back to Windsor since it seems their preferred residence.
Yes, Windsor and Sandringham is where Philip spends most of his time now. He just arrives at his own time.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-20-2018, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps.
I know it's been said that Philip is often at Wood Farm but every recent photo shows him at Windsor.

I don't think he spends much time in Norfolk at all.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

Perhaps.
I know it's been said that Philip is often at Wood Farm but every recent photo shows him at Windsor.

I don't think he spends much time in Norfolk at all.
Hes usually at Sandringham when the family is there during the holidays. Then back to Windsor.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-20-2018, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Hopefully the Duchess and Princess Eugenie will be on the mend by Christmas!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old 12-21-2018, 02:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Christmas Card from the York Family!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Du6soLbUUAE1-Nn.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Du7DhExVYAAjjQS.jpg
Old 12-21-2018, 02:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

I love the York Christmas cards.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-21-2018, 07:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kinda weird not seeing Sarah in them. Lovely cards though!

LaRae
Old 12-21-2018, 07:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
At first glance at the family picture in the card, I had to do a double take because at first, I thought Beatrice was Sarah. In that hat, she does look a lot like her mother.

Even though Sarah's name appears in the signatures on the card, I guess it was a concession to the divorce that she wouldn't be pictured. There's no mistaking though that its a family card.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-21-2018, 08:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
At first glance at the family picture in the card, I had to do a double take because at first, I thought Beatrice was Sarah. In that hat, she does look a lot like her mother.

Even though Sarah's name appears in the signatures on the card, I guess it was a concession to the divorce that she wouldn't be pictured. There's no mistaking though that its a family card.
It's Eugenie in the hat.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:07 AM
Royal Highness

Osipi, I find it odd that Sarah signed the Christmas Card when she was not in photos at all. Don't find it odd she is not included in picture as they are no longer married, just that her name was included. Modern ways, I guess. Something we would never have done in years past as against old "Emily Post" rules and regulations! I would have thought since she signed, a photo of her at wedding would have been enough if she wasn't to be included in the "new" family gathering shot. Anyway, all new ideas and I will admit I am enjoying each family's ways and their expressions of their own family unit now-a-days.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
It's Eugenie in the hat.
Gaaaaah! My eyesight ain't what it used to be. Its not the first time I've gotten the two sisters mixed up. Thanks for pointing this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Osipi, I find it odd that Sarah signed the Christmas Card when she was not in photos at all. Don't find it odd she is not included in picture as they are no longer married, just that her name was included. Modern ways, I guess. Something we would never have done in years past as against old "Emily Post" rules and regulations! I would have thought since she signed, a photo of her at wedding would have been enough if she wasn't to be included in the "new" family gathering shot. Anyway, all new ideas and I will admit I am enjoying each family's ways and their expressions of their own family unit now-a-days.
I do think the York family is something very unique. Its not often that you hear that the family has stayed together as a family unit with "the happiest divorce on Earth" and that the ex-wife is quoted as saying she's divorced *to* the ex-husband.

To be honest, I'd like to see more families like this.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-21-2018, 08:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't actually like the York Christmas card. It has an "everything but the kitchen sink" look, with a bunch of random photos. Sarah signing the card without being in one of the photos is the least of the problems with this card. I much prefer one strong, well composed photo rather than something that looks piecemeal.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
I don't actually like the York Christmas card. It has an "everything but the kitchen sink" look, with a bunch of random photos. Sarah signing the card without being in one of the photos is the least of the problems with this card. I much prefer one strong, well composed photo rather than something that looks piecemeal.
I agree, it'all over the place. There's no one theme that ties the pictures together e.g.if there was the black and white one and the rest were wedding pics then fair enough but we also have Andrew at Trooping and then a random one of the girls at a party. I also think that if Sarah signed it she ought to be in at least one picture as it's clearly from her as much as it's from the rest of them.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I also think that if Sarah signed it she ought to be in at least one picture as it's clearly from her as much as it's from the rest of them.
I agree with this. She's either part of the family, or she's not. I think if she's signing the card, then she's good enough to be included in at least one of the photos, perhaps as someone upthread said, one of the wedding photos, where at least her presence makes sense. I wonder how she feels about being only partially included?
Old 12-21-2018, 10:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sometimes it’s Sarah that’s taking the pics. Sometimes it’s Andrew.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-21-2018, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I agree, it'all over the place. There's no one theme that ties the pictures together e.g.if there was the black and white one and the rest were wedding pics then fair enough but we also have Andrew at Trooping and then a random one of the girls at a party. I also think that if Sarah signed it she ought to be in at least one picture as it's clearly from her as much as it's from the rest of them.
I think the photos were mostly from important events this year in the York family. Obviously the wedding was the major event, but Andrew riding at Trooping was memorable as it was his first time riding in it as he had become a Royal colonel.

"Prince Andrew took on the role as Colonel of the Grenadier Guards in December after his father, Prince Philip, retired from public life."
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...ing-the-colour

Maybe the one of the Beatrice and Eugenie was at an event that was important to them-the photo looks familiar but I can't place the event right now.

I agree, that since Sarah signed the card, she should have been included in a wedding photo.
Old 12-22-2018, 07:21 AM
Majesty

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ant-shoot.html

The DM has decided that Meghan has consented......
Old 12-22-2018, 10:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Beyond silly. If Meghan had strong ethical or moral objections to hunting she'd of never gotten into a long term relationship with him let alone married into a family with a strong tradition of hunting. Harry is a grown man..if he wants to hunt he will..and even if she personally doesn't like him, she will let him do it.

LaRae
Old 12-22-2018, 05:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

We’ll probably be seeing The Queen and a few members of the family attending church tomorrow at Sandringham. Everyone most likely haven’t arrived yet.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-22-2018, 11:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

I also thought Eugenie was Sarah. It's amazing how much alike they look, especially once you hide Eugenie's hair with a hat. :)

I'm pretty sure this is not the first time a photo of Sarah hasn't been included in the card. I'm not sure there was one last year, either.

Tags
christmas