British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little Isabella Windsor, and her suddenly blonde mother

Tis a very confusing season!

I don't like Princess Michael's brooch, and I wouldn't like it if the blue were pink either, but it has been enlightening reading about other people's perceptions, and I can appreciate where they're coming from; I've learned something, always good.

Yes I know its Isabella, that's why I mentioned both the child and mom. The awkward mistakes of Daily Fail get worse and worse :lol:

I'd say perhaps they drank too much eggnog but nothing new with the fail. Honestly if you are not one of the core members, and even those get confused at times, you might be called any name under the sun.

You'd think though the writers would at least have other previous photos to help identify the attendees. It's not like the lunch was a big surprise and caught them unawares.

British Royal Christmas 2008-2017

That would be interesting considering that is the formal dinner with everyone in full evening wear and tiaras according to all the reports I have read on that issue.

None of my sources have ever suggested that any meal is a buffet and certainly not the Christmas Eve dinner.

I’ve found one reference to the Christmas Eve buffet dinner but I think that’s a mistake on the part of the author because in Brian Hoey’s book and in Darren McGrady’s book they both say that a buffet dinner is served at 8.30pm on Christmas Day and that the Christmas Eve dinner is the most formal meal offered over Christmas.

McGrady also makes reference to the Christmas Day buffet here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5186803/What-Royals-REALLY-Sandringham-Christmas.html

Last edited:
Anyone know when the Queen is leaving for Sandringham now that the family luncheon is over with? I did read that Will and Kate and family are getting ready to head to Amner Hall.

I'd imagine by end of day Friday at latest, possible today even.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s always a treat to see The Queen and Prince Philip arrive at Sandringham for the Christmas season.

Okay, I want the queens coat! Somebody point me to where I can find it! (Or a similar one of the exact same color)
It’s beautiful!!

Okay, I want the queens coat! Somebody point me to where I can find it! (Or a similar one of the exact same color)
It’s beautiful!!

HM really stand out when she wears royal purple. And... matched up with that Hermes scarf, its magnificent! Bright, cheery, festive and quite a lot of other adjectives that just won't come off my tongue right now. :D

HM really stand out when she wears royal purple. And... matched up with that Hermes scarf, its magnificent! Bright, cheery, festive and quite a lot of other adjectives that just won't come off my tongue right now. :D

I love colors! Hence why the queen’s outfits intrigues me, she does so much with so little, meaning she wears what could be a boring outfit - cause we never see beneath the coat- but manages to make it pop by choosing strong standout colors.
I would love to sit in her closet and just stare at her coats and hats.

A personal view - from outside

Seen either arriving or leaving:

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with Prince George and Princess Charlotte
Prince Harry and Ms Meghan Markle
The Duke of York
Princess Beatrice
Princess Eugenie
The Earl and Countess of Wessex
Lady Louise Windsor and Viscount Severn
The Princess Royal and Sir Tim Laurence (he walked in)
Mr and Mrs Peter Phillips with Savannah and Isla
Mr and Mrs Mike Tindall and Mia
The Earl of Snowdon (arrived and left on his bicycle wearing a hi-viz Christies bib)
The Countess of Snowdon with Viscount Linley and Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones
Lady Sarah and Mr Daniel Chatto
The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester
The Earl and Countess of Ulster and family
Lady Davina Lewis and children
?Lady Rose Gilman and family
The Duke and Duchess of Kent and Lady Marina Charlotte Windsor
The Earl and Countess of St Andrews and Lady Amelia Windsor
Lord Downpatrick
Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor (arrived in a taxi with their 3 boys)
Lady Helen and Mr Timothy Taylor with 2 daughters and 2 sons
Prince and Princess Michael of Kent and Lady Gabriella Windsor
Lord Frederick Windsor with 2 daughters
Princess Alexandra
Mr and Mrs James Ogilvy with Flora and Alexander
Miss Zenouska Mowatt
The British Royals Message Board: Palace lunch

I really like the Christmas lunch because it gives us a chance to see the more minor members of the BRF whom we wouldn't get regular updates of otherwise.

Charlotte looks a lot like Catherine in the photos of her to me. She's very cute. I love the photo of the Duke of Gloucester with his grandson and the little plush corgi!

I’m excited for Her Majesty’s speech this year. So much seems to have happened and the world feels a little mad. Her speech is always so reassuring and comforting.

So, other than the walk to church on Christmas Day, what other sightings can we expect in the next couple of weeks?

I’m too looking forward to the royal family walk to church for Christmas. So much to celebrate now and into the new year.

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. The British royal family church walk and watching to The Queen’s Christmas Message has become part of my Christmas tradition. Especially since it’s shown here in America. C-Span will air the message.

Who will walk?

Will Philip walk to church this year? Is Kate up to it?

Kate's done it twice before while pregnant, she'll be fine!

I would imagine you will see Phillip as well.

LaRae

I think if you have offended someone, even unintentionally, it's not public humiliation to apologize.

So, other than the walk to church on Christmas Day, what other sightings can we expect in the next couple of weeks?

Only other trips to church during December and January although the Princess Royal will be back at work on the 4th January but not at a public event - she regularly attends a conference - and we don't get coverage of her anyway.

Next time any of the reportable royals will do something - there will no doubt be a lot of reports when Harry does his 'guest editing' at the BBC Radio 4 on the 27th - but that has been pre-recorded so nothing live.

It seems the Earl of Wessex will be back to work on the 11th but again not newsworthy.

The Duke of Kent is the only other royal with listed future engagements for the next month but it must be noted that the FE is notoriously unreliable for telling anyone what is happening and the Wales/Cambridge/York branches of the family don't even bother putting their engagements up there so what any of them are doing in advance who knows.

We do know that Charles and Camilla will leave Sandringham as usual after the Queen's message - Camilla to go to her own children and grandchildren and Charles to go to Scotland. The Yorks also leave at that time to join Sarah - usually in Switzerland.

The big fuss about this 'family get-together' is fun - for an event that lasts at most about 20 hours.

Since there aren't many official engagements upcoming, I guess we'll need to rely on the paps to keep us in updated photos of H&M going out to dinner and so forth.

[/QUOTE]
Since there aren't many official engagements upcoming, I guess we'll need to rely on the paps to keep us in updated photos of H&M going out to dinner and so forth.

As they will be either at Sandringham House or Anmer Hall they won't be going out for dinners etc. The press aren't allowed near the family when they are out and about on the estate anymore (after some shots of Edward and the Queen that didn't give a good look).

We saw virtually no pictures while they were dating and if they stay at the royal estates - and there are many of them to choose - we won't see any others either.

If they don't want to stay with granny and big brother for instance they could always go to Highgrove as Charles goes to Birkhall and have lots of lovely quiet dinners and walks in the outdoors with no paps around at all.

:previous: There were reports that they would fly out on Boxing Day to somewhere warm. I wouldn’t be surprised if that turns out to be true. Their schedules will pick up after New Year’s until the wedding. Get some R&R while they can.

Other then actually Christmas, I don't see them hanging out too long with Gran or even William. The Cambridges will have their own Christmas events going on with their own family.

While I could see them at High Grove, I think a vacation is likely more plausible. Maybe a stop in LA along the way to see Doria and maybe time to meet Tom in Mexico?? Some rest and relaxation before back into work in the new year.

I suspect they will go back to the states once the Royal festivities come to an end.

Not sure why people still want to talk about this.

I can't wait to see the parade of hats! Googling "Meghan Markle hat" produces photos of Ms. Markle wearing various casual hats. Can't wait to see her church dress and hat game.

I guess this must mean most the family arrived yesterday? I can't see them getting to Sandringham before a morning service.
I did think, not another church service, how many must they go to. Then I realised its a Sunday so that is probably why!

Yes it's still a regular Sunday. Services as usual.

LaRae

According to the schedule posted online, this morning is a carol service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom