British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I simply adored the new pic that Charles and Camilla released! The have started releasing very intimate pictures from early on!

Last edited:
I adore the picture of Charles and Camilla. There is so much warmth in it!

The picture of the family of William is lovely as well. :flowers:

There is conflicting reports on what the Cambridges are doing. The mail is saying basically the same as last year. Christmas Eve with Royals, Church and then back to Anmer . Camilla Tominey of the Express says they are staying at Sandringham and doing everything with the Queen.

Don't know which is correct. If they are alternating, it's the royals turn. I thought last year was the perfect solution. With Christmas Eve being the big Royal gift day, you go to the big house on 24 and then church with every one on the 25 and then spend time with Kate's family afterwards.

They always say Sandringham is crowded at Christmas. Why would the Cambridges spend the night there when they have a house minutes away? That would free up some rooms for others. Even if they spend all the time with royals they could just drive over and back.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

There are even confliciting reports on the photo the Cambirdges have released (Charlotte is sais to have been photoshopped), so I don't mind them, as they alway have nothing important to say...:bang:

So basically, the press has no idea at all what the Cambridges are doing and are making up conflicting stories.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I wonder how may bedrooms there are at Sandringham House as the media always make it sound very over crowded at Christmas!

...And we will never really know what they do especially behind closed doors on large country estates so it will always be speculation until/unless the RF comment themselves.

I still think Christmas Eve with one side of the family, as well as Church with that side of the family, and then Christmas Day lunch with the in laws makes a lot of sense- especially when the kids are too young to be able to behave in formal circumstances for long periods of time.

I hope that's the route they go because it sounds more fun for the kids, but whatever they want to do, they should be able to do.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I agree. The focus should be on the kids. They are Mike and Carole's only grandkids too and they shouldn't have to miss watching them enjoy Christmas especially when they are young and still believe in Santa.

Wow, good pics! I wonder why the Daily Mail has pixeled some of the kids's face for once!

I have something in common with Sophie...

...our skating style. Grit teeth and frown in concentration; stare grimly at ice and pray not to fall. Good times...

Wow, good pics! I wonder why the Daily Mail has pixeled some of the kids's face for once!

The DM's behavior is ridiculous.

Last week they had no problem showing the faces of children including Mia.
This week they are pixeled out.

They did the same thing, last year when the Tindalls were in Australia. They pixeled the photos of Mia when they ran a story about the Tindall vacation. A few days later they ran a story about Zara being a hands on mother and the photo of Mia in Australia were not pixeled.

We will have to wait until they run a story about Zara then we will see these pictures.

I'll never say the Daily Mail is worth defending but it may be that it depends which photo agency the pictures come from?Lovely to see a fun family day out !!

My cousin and her son, who is a month older than Prince George, went to the same event at Whitmoor Forest last week and they really enjoyed it. It sounds as if it's a great event for children. There's also an arts and crafts centre which was a favourite of my little cousin.
I also think it's lovely to see such a close relationship with the Wessexes and Princess Anne's children - I love the photo of Louise talking to Mike.

I'll never say the Daily Mail is worth defending but it may be that it depends which photo agency the pictures come from? Lovely to see a fun family day out !!

That's a good point. Some photo agencies are stricter than others about using their photos. I did think it was a bit odd though.

I read that the family members are required to arrive at Sandringham in order of precedence or seniority. I fully understand that this is a royal family but to me it takes the family relationship out and inserts a "state" relationship, as though they were arriving for an official event. I wonder if Charles will relax this a little or stay with the traditional protocol requirements. Glad it isn't me as I don't think I'd survive messing up some point of required protocol.

Personally I've always wondered how true that is, after all we only ever hear it from the media no one 'official' as such. I guess one argument for it is that with up to around 30 people arriving they have to arrive in some order and this is a way of doing that. However, equally I can not see the Queen having a problem with people arriving out of order if they need to arrive later for some reason.
Personally I imagine behind closed doors there possibly isn't that much protocol beyond what might be seen as more traditional good manners. Its like when people get all worked up about the order of precedence. I doubt that behind closed doors anyone worries about who to bow/curtsey to apart from the Queen and DoE.

British Royal Christmas 2008-2015

Is Harry calling up the Yorks to see when they are leaving and then waits 15 minutes after they leave and then calls Wills when he gets near Sandringham so they can jump in the car for their slot?

What happens if there is a traffic jam on the way from Gatcome Park to Sandringham and Anne's crew is stuck, does her brothers have drive around the estate until they show?

The Chattos have it easy, they can just show up 2 days before

Last edited:
Is Harry calling up the Yorks to see when they are leaving and then waits 15 minutes after they leave and then calls Wills when he gets near Sandringham so they can jump in the car for their slot?

What happens if there is a traffic jam on the way from Gatcome Park to Sandringham and Anne's crew is stuck, does her brothers have drive around the estate until they show?

The Chattos have it easy, they can just show up 2 days before

Maybe I've read things wrong but I always thought that the "arriving according to precedence" was not for their actual arrival at the Sandringham estate but for going into the formal Christmas dinner and being seated. They also dress in white tie with all the trimmings.

I have seen reported for the arrival at the estate because the press always talks about Charles arriving last on Christmas Eve. The supposed white tie dinner is on Christmas Eve too with the present opening on 24th too. Christmas Day is just church, lunch and watching the Queen's speech

This makes sense to me. The logistics of who is coming when and getting them settled and their rooms ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom