British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Autumn Kelly, she is such a gorgeous lady but has the worst outfit this year. What makes it worse is that she is the only one with a bad outfit. Even Princess Anne was on elegant form today. Everyone else looked smashing! I just love seeing Zara interacting with the family, she seems like such a happy fun person. And the Queen, that red, the brooch, and those Boots!!!! <3 Great Christmas show this year!

It's always great to see family together at Christmas and they all seemed to be having a lovely time together. I really wish, however, someone would have encouraged Autumn to change her jacket before leaving for church, one that wasn't so loud or flashy... and one that covered the too short skirt. It wasn't an appropriate choice, imo.

Autumn and Eugenie look a hot mess, Zara surprisingly looks great...Beatrice also looks good.

It's lovely to see them at this family occasion all together. Best surprises to me were Princess Beatrice and Princess Anne - they looked elegant. :flowers:
Zara as charming as always, she really seems to be a warm and fun person IMO.

Does anyone have any Pictures of Lady Linley and Lady Sarah Chatto , I can see them in the back ground of some pics but non of them fully figured by themselves. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas and happy new year

I'm having trouble finding clear pictures of them as well, but these are the best shots I've found so far:

Lady Sarah Chatto
Viscountess Linley

where is prince andrew?

Does anyone have any Pictures of Lady Linley and Lady Sarah Chatto , I can see them in the back ground of some pics but non of them fully figured by themselves. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas and happy new year

Steak, in addition to the two pics Ella Kay has posted, here are
some more, also including their children and husbands:

** Lady Sarah and Lady Serena ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Jmg, Prince Andrew attended as well, see for example these pics:

** Andrew 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Some traditions don't change...
The Countess of Wessex...opted to travel to church by car with the Queen while the rest of the family group made their way on foot.
source: Mail online

:previous:
I do not see any reason for Her Majesty to change this particular tradition. She is said to have a liking for her youngest daughter-in-law.
The British royal family looked quite cheerful. I showed the photos to my mother, who immediately praised Princess Anne's outfit as being both practical and tasteful. Personally I liked outfits of Countess of Wessex and Viscountess Linley, who looked nice even in a cape-looking coat.
Prince Henry is reported to date Miss Davy again ..? :ermm:

Freddie and Sophie were there: Picture details
But no Lady Gabriella Windsor, it seems... :ermm:
It is sad that Lady Gabriella did not attend the British royal family gathering and we missed an opportunity to see her in London. At the same time, there must have been a good reason for her to do so.

Thank you so much for the photos posted esp thanks to Iceflower they were exactally the type of Pictures i was after , Again Thank you. Best Wishes for 2010

Prince Henry is reported to date Miss Davy again ..? :ermm:

He has been "back" with her for a while now. Then it was never officially reported they broke up. :ermm:

Some traditions don't change...
source: Mail online

I don't see why Sophie gets to travel with the Queen, I thought she only did this last year as she was pregnant. :)

I'm sure Sophie rides with HM to be nice so that she doesn't have to ride alone -- even for such a short trip. However, it would also be nice if the honor rotated amongst the royal ladies. :flowers:

I, too, thought that Princess Beatrice really looked sharp yesterday. Somehow the colors nicely accentuated her blue eyes.

I don't see why Sophie gets to travel with the Queen, I thought she only did this last year as she was pregnant. :)

1. She wasn't pregnant last year - James is two now. Actually I don't think she has ever been pregnant at Christmas - recovering from a failed pregnancy and difficult or not so difficult births yes - but never actually pregnant.

2. She has certainly been in the car since the failed ectopic (sp) pregnancy in 2001, which may even have been the first year the Queen drove as I remember her walking for many years.

3. Sophie and the Queen get along very well and it is well known that Sophie is the favourite of the two daughters-in-law as much as anything because she is married to the Queen's favourite child - Edward.

4. Who the Queen's choose to have as a travelling companion in the car is her decision but it also makes it clear to the world that the Queen values Sophie, and by extension, Edward in their role of supporting her and Philip.

5. I don't see this as a slight to any of the other woman as Camilla walks with Charles and Anne with Tim while the York Princesses walk with their father and cousins. Usually one of both of these Princesses act as the 'lady-in-waiting' in the sense that they collect the flowers and pass them over to the police etc, while the rest of the family walks along and greets the waiting public.

6. I have a question - Why would anyone wish to spend Christmas Day waiting in the cold to watch someone else go to and come from church? I have never understood that. To me Christmas Day is a day to spend with family and friends and to attend church but not to wait around half the day watching another family walk to and from church. I think that is extremely strange.

Well...I would imagine that they are only gone for a couple of hours. It sounds like they might have had time to open a few presents and/or have a family breakfast. But who knows. Why do people hang out award shows? They actually miss what is going on inside.

In regards to the Queen and Sophie, as Iluvbertie mentioned...she is The Queen and its her car. She can have whoever she wants ride with her. Let's face it...Sophie has been the Queen's daughter in law longer than Camilla so its only natural that their relationship is different and more established than the realtionship that she has with Camilla. Honestly, I don't think Camilla cares. She stays for a bit and then from what I understand leaves to spend the day with her children and their families.

Last edited:
I think you are right, she is very fond of Sophie. And, if she wants, that is who rides with her. As for waiting to see someone, who can account for this kind of nonsense, be it royalty or celebrities. It seems some people find this waste of time something they wish to do.

3. Sophie and the Queen get along very well and it is well known that Sophie is the favourite of the two daughters-in-law as much as anything because she is married to the Queen's favourite child - Edward.

Really, Edward? Is this a well known rumor? I hadn't heard that before...interesting...

I really look forward to the 'royals going to church at Sandringham' photos every year. Thanks to all who posted.

Really, Edward? Is this a well known rumor? I hadn't heard that before...interesting...
Yes - reported very often that Edward is the favourite child and that he and Sophie are more frequent visitors to the Queen and Duke than that others and that they also visit Baghshot reasonably frequently as well. Certainly more often than they have visited the homes of their other children.

Well...I would imagine that they are only gone for a couple of hours. It sounds like they might have had time to open a few presents and/or have a family breakfast. But who knows. Why do people hang out award shows? They actually miss what is going on inside.

Considering the time taken for security checks etc it is more than a 'couple of hours' as it seems to be about half the day - to get checked and I heard that about 300 missed out due to the length of the security checks plus driving time to get there and home again in awful winter weather.

It is just weird that on the most family orientated day of the year people prefer to watch another family go to church rather than enjoy the day with their family.

If they go out with their family, they are enjoying the day with their family.

If they go out with their family, they are enjoying the day with their family.

IF they are with their family but to me there seems a lot of women and not many men indicating that a lot of women prefer to watch strangers go to church then spend time with the men in their lives.

Veering off the topic ...

:previous:
That is a rather strange assumption to make. The men have got whims of their own. Yes, some people, mostly women, just to want to see the British royal family in a semi-formal situation. It does not make them bad.

I dont see it odd at all. Heaps of people go for walks on Christmas Day, so why not just go for a walk to the church and watch your Royal Family for a bit and then walk back. Help burn off that gorgeous dinner.

It's one of the very few occasions when anyone can see the "inner" Royal Family en masse, live and up close.
If I was in the area I'd brave the cold for a look-see too!

:previous: Absolutely Warren. It would be a chance of a lifetime just to be able to say I saw the British Royal Family in person and to take your own pictures! I know I would.

:previous: I'd be there too! I think it would be a wonderful (and rare) opportunity to see the Royal Family in a relativley normal situation (going to church on Christmas Day).

Andrew is the Queen's favorite and Anne is the Duke's favorite. But both of them get along well with Edward. They are very fond of Sophie. There really doesn't need to be a different motive then the Queen asked her to, and she does ever year. Personally I feel Sophie is good for the Queen especially at Christmas when she might miss her mother and sister the most.

Sophie started driving along with the Queen before she was married to Edward. I've never understood the whole thing about girlfriends and boyfriends only attending after their engagements, I have pics of Sophie's parents at the Boxing Day shoot in 1995 or 1996.
But personally I have never asked the Queen this question, both times I've seen her I asked how her day was. (I certainly need to get more original.)

:previous: Absolutely Warren. It would be a chance of a lifetime just to be able to say I saw the British Royal Family in person and to take your own pictures! I know I would.

So you would leave your family on Christmas Day to spend hours (including driving there, going through security which is rather tight for obvious reasons, stand in the cold for an hour or so while they actually go to church, then drive for some time to get home again - to watch another family go to church?

To me I spend Christmas Day with my family and only with my family and the rest of the world.

I couldn't imagine ever wasting so much of such a special day for a glimpse of a passing family going to and from church.

It's one of the very few occasions when anyone can see the "inner" Royal Family en masse, live and up close.
If I was in the area I'd brave the cold for a look-see too!

So would I. :flowers:
I have heard that Sophie is the Queens favourite daughter in law, but I have never heard Edward as the favourite son.
I do realise that it is the Queens car and she is the queen, I just don't see why Sophie can't walk with the rest of the family, even Prince Phillip walks with the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom