British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused. Caption on the picture of the Queen said she was arriving as well. Doesn't she live there? Or perhaps she was returning from a morning engagement?

I do believe that she had an engagement outside the palace in the morning.

I don't think that marriage was a mistake either and there were happy moments, smiles and joy then too.

I think it's just great to see the whole family together and happy. They spend a great of time apart and traveling all over the place during the year, it's times like this that the royals get a chance to catch up with the family and chat. They really look forward to doing that.

A couple of happy moments and years and years of misery do not add up to a marriage that should ever have taken place.

That Ken guy from the message board post appeared to be outside the palace gates. Interesting notes: William made a speedy entrance to BP- they must have been really late and Charles and Camilla left first not the Cambridges like some media implied.

It seemed like most people with little kids brought them. I wonder if the set up the big state dinner table or do smaller round tables. I wonder if there is a kiddie table? George's Nanny Jessie Webb used to work for the Linleys so she had to enjoy seeing Charles and Margarita again.

That Ken guy from the message board post appeared to be outside the palace gates. Interesting notes: William made a speedy entrance to BP- they must have been really late and Charles and Camilla left first not the Cambridges like some media implied.

Ken attends many royal events. He reports on this one and the Sandringham church attendance most years along with other events.

Any news about HM The Queen Christmas Message ? Where and when it will be recorded ?

Any news about HM The Queen Christmas Message ? Where and when it will be recorded ?

Last year it was recorded on the 20th December at Buckingham Palace. Probably similar thing wil happen this year.

she's already left and is at Sandringham

Then it's happened or will happen at Sandringham.

she's already left and is at Sandringham

Has this been confirmed? In recent years, there has been a picture of her at Liverpool St station catching the train to Kings Lynn.

Pictures and article are in the Current Events Thread.

On Christmas Eve, for the first time in more than 100 years, three generations of heirs to the throne will gather beneath the 18ft Norfolk pine in the white drawing room at Sandringham House. This has been a year of firsts for the Royal family – a birth largely ungoverned by protocols, an ever-closer relationship with the Middleton in-laws – and Christmas marks yet another milestone, as Prince George and his parents join the Queen for celebrations.

George's first Christmas: Three Kings under one roof - Telegraph

I'm getting a need to subscribe to read further message when I click on that link. New for me w/The Telegraph and Darn It!!

I'm getting a need to subscribe to read further message when I click on that link. New for me w/The Telegraph and Darn It!!
try different browsers
it helps me - one of my browsers says 'no', but another shows me articles

Any news about The Queen's christmas message, will it be recorded at Sandringham this year?

The Telegraph allows you to read 10 articles "free of charge". After that, they want you to subscribe. But as Spheno pointed out, if after you read those 10 articles, you use a different browser, the Telegraph doesn't recognize you, and allows you to read more articles. Don't tell anyone, but I use three different browsers. ;)

1x1.jpg

Christmas at Buckingham Palace:
Join Nicholas Owen in the Ballroom of Buckingham Palace for the annual Carol Concert for the Royal Household.

Following the Queen's Speech at 3pm, Classic FM presenter and former ITN Royal Correspondent Nicholas Owen joins the Royal Household in the beautiful surroundings of the Ballroom of Buckingham Palace for their annual Carol Concert-
Christmas Shows - Christmas at Buckingham Palace - Classic FM, The Home of Christmas Music

Now you can also listen this radio station outside from United Kingdom, United States and Canada - See more at:
Classic FM UK Live Radio Streaming | Listen 100.9 FM Online London | FM Radio Online

The Prince's Foundation for Children & the Arts Christmas Carol Concert 2013:
Amanda Holden, Brian Blessed and Penelope Wilton were among the stars at Holy Trinity Church in Sloane Square, London, for the annual Christmas Carol Concert of the Prince’s Foundation for Children & the Arts. The Concert will be broadcast on Classic FM on Christmas Eve at 6pm-
http://www.classicfm.com/radio/christmas/24-december/children-arts-carol/

Last edited:
The Telegraph allows you to read 10 articles "free of charge". After that, they want you to subscribe. But as Spheno pointed out, if after you read those 10 articles, you use a different browser, the Telegraph doesn't recognize you, and allows you to read more articles. Don't tell anyone, but I use three different browsers. ;)

They kept doing this to me. I guess I b***hed enough to them about it I haven't seen the message in quite a long time and I know I read more than 10 articles. I even got the message when they used to allow 20 articles a month!

Royal family members to sleep in servants quarters as the Queen invites 30 to Sandringham | Royal | News | Daily Express

Mainly the article talks about how once again some members of the Royal Family will have to stay in servants rooms as there will be 30 people staying at Sandringham.
It also mentions that at the start of her reign the Queen and her family celebrated Christmas at Sandringham but that as there were more and more people in the family they moved Christmas to Windsor.
I never knew the Queen had moved her Christmas from Sandringham to Windsor, I always thought Christmas was always celebrated at Windsor until the fire. Maybe the Queen would consider moving her Christmas celebrations to Windsor once more.

It is entirely possible. Sandringham is pretty much at max capacity. As the queen's grandchildren get married and have kids, I can see them going back to Windsor where there is more room. I don't see the Queen not inviting David and Sarah's families to Sandringham. The Queen has always been close to them.

The Queen though is nearing the end of her reign - sad but true - and I don't see a change coming. Next year William and Kate won't be in the big house and possibly Harry will stay with them rather than in the 'big house'. There are also other houses on the estate they could use - let David and Sarah and their families for instance stay in Wood House although do all the other things at the big house.

I can also see more of the grandchildren not going to Sandringham and splitting Christmas with their in-laws, as William and Kate did last year.

When Charles is King I would expect the numbers to be smaller - with possibly not even his siblings all invited every year - allowing for a rotation.

The Queen though is nearing the end of her reign - sad but true - and I don't see a change coming. Next year William and Kate won't be in the big house and possibly Harry will stay with them rather than in the 'big house'. There are also other houses on the estate they could use - let David and Sarah and their families for instance stay in Wood House although do all the other things at the big house.

I can also see more of the grandchildren not going to Sandringham and splitting Christmas with their in-laws, as William and Kate did last year.

When Charles is King I would expect the numbers to be smaller - with possibly not even his siblings all invited every year - allowing for a rotation.

I understand your argument but it seems to me it is based on the premis that this is all about the Queen. If that were true then if the King invites you for Christmas, then I think the family would go as they do now. Its become as much a tradition for them as it is for her.

Charles, if not apparently close to his siblings, does seem close to most of the next generation. He is particularly fond of Sarah Chatto for example. His children are close to their cousins and he'd like to maintain that, IMO.

I think the atmosphere might be more relaxed than now, as it seems the Queen has the Edwardian Christmas her parents enjoyed.

I think that there will be little change in attendees - and certainly not immediately as the family would want to be seen to support the new King.

I agree that this is a likely scenario for future BRF Christmases with King Charles.

I understand your argument but it seems to me it is based on the premis that this is all about the Queen. If that were true then if the King invites you for Christmas, then I think the family would go as they do now. Its become as much a tradition for them as it is for her.

I do think it is all about The Queen and being there for her - note how Beatrice and Eugenie never get to see their own mother at Christmas (or Peter and Zara for that matter see their own father). That is unreasonable in most families.

Charles, if not apparently close to his siblings, does seem close to most of the next generation. He is particularly fond of Sarah Chatto for example. His children are close to their cousins and he'd like to maintain that, IMO.

Sarah Chatto is Charles' own generation and being 'fond' doesn't necessarily mean you need to see them at Christmas or that they want to always spend Christmas with a cousin rather than with the other side of their family.

I don't think that William is particularly close to his younger cousins and he has already had one Christmas with the Middleton's and I expect that will happen more and more - next year I would expect him to be with them rather than with the royals, unless they are also at Anmer Hall.

I think the atmosphere might be more relaxed than now, as it seems the Queen has the Edwardian Christmas her parents enjoyed.

Charles also enjoys the formalities etc that he has grown up - I don't see it more relaxed under Charles - just a different and smaller family group - Charles and Camilla, William, Harry and their families and possibly Tom and Laura and their families.

I think that there will be little change in attendees - and certainly not immediately as the family would want to be seen to support the new King.

I see the biggest change in attendees happening - replacing siblings and cousins with step-children so that his wife can also have Christmas with her family.

:previous: agree to disagree then

Point of fact - I wouldn't call Sarah Chatto "Charles generation" she was born in 1964, and is not 50 until May 1 2014. Same age as Sophie.

No - 49 and 65 is not the same generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom