British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been confirmed that the Cambridge will be at Sandringham this year? Or is it just us assuming they will because they're were with the Middletons last year? In any case we won't see George, I think

I do not believe it has been confirmed, but for what its worth, I am expecting the Cambridge's to be a Sandringham.

I agree, we are unlikely to see George irrespective of where the Cambridge's are.

You may get a drive by photo of George when William and Kate go to the big family Christmas lunch at BP. We have gotten shots of them driving in/out of the palace the last 2 years.

You may get a drive by photo of George when William and Kate go to the big family Christmas lunch at BP. We have gotten shots of them driving in/out of the palace the last 2 years.

Do we know when the lunch is ?

I suspect George may be at home in KP for the big BP lunch.

I believe that HMQ gave the D & D of Cam that particular house so that the Middletons could be comfortablely accommodated for Christmas. I am sure all will be around for the after Christmas shoot.

The lunch is normally just before the Queen heads off to Sandringham so likely to be sometime next week. I wish it was filmed so we could get clips in her Christmas speech. I loved the clips from 2004 when the Queen and Philip were seen giving out gifts and we saw Louise getting hers, and being adorable as ever at 13 months old!

We might see William & Catherine arrive to the lunch with Prince George. The royals usually bring the kids along as its a extended family gathering. I think we might also see Lord & Lady Frederick Windsor with baby Maude.

Just my opinion but this idea prevalent on the forums and on social media sites that we will see Prince George "out and about" is strange. The royals never parade babies. Apart from official photographs and perhaps a view on the Queen's Christmas message video, they disappear from view. No William until Harry came along and those were official pix; no Peter or Zara Philips, no Beatrice and Eugenie and definitely no Louise or James. It doesn't happen. No visits to lunches; not on the way to church - nothing.

Add to this tradition William's intense need for privacy, I'd say hell would freeze over first before you see Baby George. JMO

Regarding the walk to church: I doubt Zara and Mike will attend because of Zara's pregnancy, but I hope we get to see other members of the extended family (the Linleys, Chattos, Peter and Autumn Phillips). I also doubt that George will attend as he's too young IMO.

Regarding the Christmas Lunch: I think all extended members of the Royal Family will attend, apart from Zara and Mike because of the same reason above.
Question: Have we ever got photos of the royals inside Buckingham Palace, or do we "only" get some of the arrivals?

I'm just guessing William & Catherine will take George along at the lunch. Sometimes we do see some of the kids arrive with their parents at the extended family Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace. It's a private family event so, no, we don't get pictures from inside.

Regarding the walk to church: I doubt Zara and Mike will attend because of Zara's pregnancy, but I hope we get to see other members of the extended family (the Linleys, Chattos, Peter and Autumn Phillips). I also doubt that George will attend as he's too young IMO.

Regarding the Christmas Lunch: I think all extended members of the Royal Family will attend, apart from Zara and Mike because of the same reason above.
Question: Have we ever got photos of the royals inside Buckingham Palace, or do we "only" get some of the arrivals?

Zara was walking in the mud at the races today, so I see no reason she could not go to Sandringham/church on Christmas. She may choose to not be photographed, but the stride today was long and confident.

I'm just guessing William & Catherine will take George along at the lunch. Sometimes we do see some of the kids arrive with their parents at the extended family Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace. It's a private family event so, no, we don't get pictures from inside.

Thanks for the reply Dman. :flowers: So we'll be expecting photos of the arrivals this year, like the previous years.

Taking the children to the extended family lunch makes sense when they are able to comprehend what is going on but could be very scary for the very young so I suspect that neither George nor Maud would be in attendance this year.

As for church - no George until about 2017 or 2018 when he is old enough to behave appropriately.

Zara is due in January but depending on when in January will determine whether or not she attends Christmas with the others. When Autumn was due in late December they didn't attend then as she stayed at home and Anne's branch of the family stayed with them in Gloucestershire. Now if Zara is due in the first week in January I could see this happening again - no Anne or her family at Sandringham so they are all able to support Zara but if she is due mid-late January then Christmas at Sandringham is a probability.

Based on Kate's comments about George liking seeing all the people about at his christening, he may enjoy the big family BP lunch.

Taking the children to the extended family lunch makes sense when they are able to comprehend what is going on but could be very scary for the very young so I suspect that neither George nor Maud would be in attendance this year.

IIRC Lady Rose Gilman brought a very young Rufus to the lunch last year and I don't really see how a Christmas lunch can be scary. Overwhelming, sure, but hardly scary (at least that's my own experience with a large extended family). I would understand if William and Catherine decided not to bring George though. Given his young age, there's nothing for him to do there except being showed off. Same goes for Frederick, Sophie and Maud.

I don't think Zara will travel to Sandringham as she looks like she already dropped.

She may attend the lunch but that's a big if, especially if she plans to deliver in Glouchester.

I don't think we'll see George at Sandringham, maybe the lunch.

I think this year will be James' debut at the Sandringham church.
He is more than old enough as Margarita Armstrong-Jones was attending church when she was younger than James.

Freddie and Sophie told Hello magazine they were taking Maud to BP for the lunch. I think it's a nice idea as it's one of the rare occasions the whole family get together so they probably hardly ever get the chance to see each other's children. I hope George goes too as it will be the first time some family members will have met him.

Last edited:
IIRC Lady Rose Gilman brought a very young Rufus to the lunch last year and I don't really see how a Christmas lunch can be scary. Overwhelming, sure, but hardly scary (at least that's my own experience with a large extended family). I would understand if William and Catherine decided not to bring George though. Given his young age, there's nothing for him to do there except being showed off. Same goes for Frederick, Sophie and Maud.

I can't see them bringing a 5 month old with them to the lunch - I agree, but knowing them they might! He will go with them to Sandringham of course. Sophie and Edward brought James with them to Sandringham and he was 8 days old. Sophie didn't go to the service though, but they brought their tiny new born baby as Edward said he was there.

We are missing out on another Christmas debate topic- Will the Cambridges bring Lupo to Sandringham for Christmas? :) It would be his first holiday visit since last year they went to Buckleberry. The queen's corgis might not want another dog around. They tried to take out Bea's dog in Balmoral that one year.

Do we have any information on when this week the big family lunch at BP might be?

I think it is to be this week sometime as I read on Tumblr that the Queen is heading to Sandringham this week. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday?

Lady Frederick Windsor said Maud's christening, which took place today, was the day before the Annual Big Royal Gathering, as I call it, for Christmas, so I think it is tomorrow then..

Princess Michael said that in Majesty Magazine.

Richard Kay said in the Daily Mail yesterday that the lunch is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom