The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-28-2017, 12:50 AM
Majesty

Considering she didn't blink when he went boar hunting recently, I say the story is made up. Trying to stir up trouble as usual

Tad surprised that they stayed at Anmer. Only because I would have thought the Middletons would be there. I have a feeling Kate's family didn't join them this year at Anmer. Not sure Harry and Meghan would have been there.

Do we know they were even there at Boxing day?? As said, he may want to be enjoying his fiancé. Being in a noisy house with kids may not add to that. Its always a bit uncomfortable being in someone else's home, being a guest. Having any real private time either.

Old 12-28-2017, 12:56 AM
Heir Apparent

They probably left at some point on Boxing Day to return to London as Harry was in studio bright and early this morning. I wish people would stop using Meghan on these stories. She loves rescue dogs, but she’s hardly an animal rights activist like PETA. I’m sure she’s for conservation and not hun endangered species, but she eats meat. And someone had to kill those animal for those of us that are meat eaters to eat. So I’m sure she’s not against all humane and legal hunting.

Old 12-28-2017, 06:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

For all we know she went along with him! I understand that is done too...there is the main hunting party and then others who go along with them to watch or whatever.

LaRae
Old 12-28-2017, 02:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Considering she didn't blink when he went boar hunting recently, I say the story is made up. Trying to stir up trouble as usual
That is what I suspected, just like they are making a big deal about PH statement of "the family she never had." Not only does the media make a big deal, MM half-sister Samantha takes every opportunity to stir up trouble.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Now this is just too cute. I think Meghan's most likely found her niche with the Queen at Christmas with just the perfect gift for HM.

https://www.aol.com/article/lifestyl...rics/23328661/
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-09-2018, 11:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

And they would know this how ?????
Old 01-10-2018, 05:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Don't ask me.

These kind of things do tend to leak out. The story about the white leather toilet seat of Charles has been around for a long time. I just thought it was cute.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 01-21-2018, 05:53 PM
Nobility

Until when the Gloucesters and Kents were invited to spend Christmas with the Queen and her family at Sandringham? Do you have any photos of them attending the church service?
Old 01-21-2018, 07:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk View Post
Until when the Gloucesters and Kents were invited to spend Christmas with the Queen and her family at Sandringham? Do you have any photos of them attending the church service?
Not sure when they stopped. They certainly did when their kids were little. But as the family got older, the invite to the extended family slimmed down.

Lovely really old photo, when the senior royals were children, from the 50's

https://books.google.ca/books?id=Ut8...istmas&f=false

Some pictures of the extended family years ago:

Fredrick pictured with William, Zara and Peter
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/03/3a...0065e2a8f8.jpg

Diana and Lady Rose Windsor 1987, from Diana's outfit same year

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/49/d5...0f198422a1.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4e/2b...b6eec2717a.jpg

Lady Helen
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bc/23...bf52cdbae5.jpg
Old 01-23-2018, 06:38 PM
Nobility

With two new spouses as well as two new great grandchildren around the Christmas table this year, it is probably only a matter of time before Princess Margaret's descendants are no longer in attendance. The number of royal great grandchildren is likely to increase over the next couple of years so things will be very crowded indeed!
Old 01-23-2018, 06:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think we can be pretty well assured that as long as the Queen lives, Margaret's children will be very much in attendance for holidays. From all accounts that I've read, they are quite close.

We do not know how Charles plans to celebrate his holidays with family yet and won't know until he is king.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Considering that Charles is close to both Sarah and David, they most likely have a open invitation in the next reign too. Probably will stop going when their children start having family of their own.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Some pictures of the extended family years ago:

Fredrick pictured with William, Zara and Peter
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/03/3a...0065e2a8f8.jpg

Diana and Lady Rose Windsor 1987, from Diana's outfit same year

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/49/d5...0f198422a1.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4e/2b...b6eec2717a.jpg

Lady Helen
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bc/23...bf52cdbae5.jpg
Aren't the two first of these pics from Windsor? As far as I can remember that's where they used to celebrate Christmas until around 1990 and it was a few years after relocating the celebrations to Sandringham that the cousins were cut off because lack of space.
I doubt that Nr 3 is from Christmas itself because of the Greek royals and isn't that Radu and Margareta of Romania behind them?
Old 01-23-2018, 11:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think we can be pretty well assured that as long as the Queen lives, Margaret's children will be very much in attendance for holidays. From all accounts that I've read, they are quite close.

We do not know how Charles plans to celebrate his holidays with family yet and won't know until he is king.
I agree, I don't think, no matter how large her children's families become, that the Queen will abandon her sister's children at the holidays.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Not sure when they stopped. They certainly did when their kids were little. But as the family got older, the invite to the extended family slimmed down.

The thing is, all three of the Kent cousins are married, their children are almost all married with children of their own. The Gloucesters' children are married with children. It is only natural that they now have their own family celebrations. The Duke and Duchess of Kent aren't going to spend Christmas day with the Queen instead of their 10 grandchildren.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
As far as I can remember that's where they used to celebrate Christmas until around 1990 and it was a few years after relocating the celebrations to Sandringham that the cousins were cut off because lack of space.
I doubt that Nr 3 is from Christmas itself because of the Greek royals and isn't that Radu and Margareta of Romania behind them?
That's my recollection too - that Christmas was spent at Windsor and then the Queen would go to Sandringham for New Year. She started spending Christmas at Sandringham after the fire at Windsor in 1992 and as it's smaller than Windsor had to restrict the number of people she could invite.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Oh this just makes me so sad to think how hard it was to lose her little sister. I don't know why that just hit me.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 01-24-2018, 01:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

The "Us Four" was a happy and close family. What made it doubly hard on the Queen is that she lost her sister and then her mother in a matter of weeks.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
That's my recollection too - that Christmas was spent at Windsor and then the Queen would go to Sandringham for New Year. She started spending Christmas at Sandringham after the fire at Windsor in 1992 and as it's smaller than Windsor had to restrict the number of people she could invite.
Actually a few years earlier, in 1988, it seems. According to this.

https://www.royal.uk/royal-family-christmas-0

Even before 1988 it wasn't every year. Sandringham was the traditional place for Christmases, even before Elizabeth was queen. In the 60's when her kids were small she started spending them at Windsor. But not always.

But yes, the pictures I posted were it turns out from Windsor (poor posting on site I took them from).
Old 01-24-2018, 02:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The "Us Four" was a happy and close family. What made it doubly hard on the Queen is that she lost her sister and then her mother in a matter of weeks.
To make it even worse - the last of Philip's sisters died only about six weeks before Margaret so they both lost their sister within six weeks of each other. No matter how much Philip was English and his sisters Germans they were still quite close in many ways with one or more sisters visiting every year.

It really was the 'end of the generation' for them both within such a short period of time.

Tags
christmas