British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's a bad show of character to want to be comfortable while meeting your Lord in his house, especially when this is not the press/public service of the day.

Still. It sends a message. Not ready for prime time.

I actually think attending three church services in two days sends a more important message than what kind of shoes one wears, but then I’m religious and don’t consider Christmas a fashion show.

Reactions: hel
I agree. the Royal Family is about so much more than what they wear. But then again, I'm not interested in fashion overly much.

Those are parts of the 'suite' he is given. You wouldn't put other family members in the same 'suite' as him anyways. But in the past years Charles has stayed at Wood farm. Sandringham is not that large, the suites are minimal, and even with families sharing suites, they have had to take over servant rooms. Even if we made Harry and Meghan sleep in Charles' dressing room, if in the main house, there is certainly not enough room for all the Kents and Gloucesters there as well.

No. You're wrong.

Charles was upset when Edward and Sophie, as officially a married couple, comandeered more rooms than he did as a widower in the big house. Charles never went to Wood Farm. As soon as he and Camilla went to Sandringham as a married royal couple, they got all of the rooms back that a Prince of Wales and Consort was entitled to.

I know some were asking about the walk about and flowers earlier. This video is much closer to the gate, which is the end of the crowd. Some members have flowers in their hands. Harry and Meghan at the end. They were about to walk into the gate, and Harry stopped her since he saw a little girl with flowers. They went over there and she shook hands with the little girl. Note to everyone, if you want to make sure they definitely come over to you, have a child with you. :lol: Meghan stopped to say hi to a couple of young children at Nottingham as well after Harry already got in the car on the other side.

Last edited:
Her Majesty The Queen's 2017 Christmas speech was emotional

It was a good speech. A very good speech.

One to cherish, in ten years, we may never get to see this type of grand setting again.

No. You're wrong.

Charles was upset when Edward and Sophie, as officially a married couple, comandeered more rooms than he did as a widower in the big house. Charles never went to Wood Farm. As soon as he and Camilla went to Sandringham as a married royal couple, they got all of the rooms back that a Prince of Wales and Consort was entitled to.

Interesting. Can you provide the source for this information, please? ?

Andrew should stay with his brother and sister and parents this week at Sandringham.

I think the next time we would see the Duchess of York at St Mary's church is when Philip passes on, Philip and Sarah have a bad relationship as former father-in-law and daughter-in-law.

I know Charles and Camilla travel to Scotland to Birkhall, I wonder if Meghan will go to Birkhall soon to see her great-grandmother-in-law's summer holiday home?

Andrew should stay with his brother and sister and parents this week at Sandringham.

I think the next time we would see the Duchess of York at St Mary's church is when Philip passes on, Philip and Sarah have a bad relationship as former father-in-law and daughter-in-law.

Honestly, even without Philip, I don't know if we would ever see Duchess of York at Sandringham again. It's one thing to invite someone who is marrying into your family soon, it quite another to invite someone who has divorced out of your family. She's quite simply not a member of the royal family at this point. And yes, I'm well aware she's still the York Princesses' mother. But plenty of people don't get invited to ex-in-law's for Christmas.

It wouldn't greatly surprise me if Andrew and Sarah remarry after Phillip passes.

LaRae

Let's stay on topic and in the present...not what will happen when Phillip passes.

Interesting. Can you provide the source for this information, please? ?

It might have been Brian Hoey's book, or the Bedell Smith book. Prob. the Hoey book, all so detailed about arrangements.

But yes, Charles was really upset as a single man, (after Diana died) he didn't get allotted his preferred number of rooms because he was officially Single, and Edward and Sophie got his and Diana's old rooms and he was shunted into the bachelor corridor. He was really pissed off about that.

Not the place to speculate about such things but one thing I've learned in life is to never say never. :D

I do believe that Sarah has stayed on the Sandringham estate for the Christmas holidays at Wood Farm so it would be easier on her daughters to spend time with all the members of their family. Sarah, still, does visit the Queen at Balmoral during her summer stay there. She's not as much of a outcast as she's made out to be.

The Yorks remain very close as a family unit and there's not many divorced couples that can say that.

It might have been Brian Hoey's book, or the Bedell Smith book. Prob. the Hoey book, all so detailed about arrangements.

But yes, Charles was really upset as a single man, (after Diana died) he didn't get allotted his preferred number of rooms because he was officially Single, and Edward and Sophie got his and Diana's old rooms and he was shunted into the bachelor corridor. He was really pissed off about that.

It wasn't Bedell-Smith's. I have it and didn't read it in there. Its not really that earth shaking either. Charles is and always will be a perfectionist that likes things a certain way and everything in its place. Except for his study. I hear its a glorified mess in there and if anyone cleaned it up, he'd never find anything again. Sounds like my computer area. :D

BTW: Thanks for mentioning Brian Hoey. I don't have anything by him yet and just found a few for my January book order.

Last edited by a moderator:
If HM was as fond of Sarah Ferguson as we have been told these last many years, there would have been photos. HM knows the power of photos, and there's nothing. Nothing! Zippo. Nothing. No Honors for charity work, no family jewelry, no invites, no ... nothing, only unhappy damaged daughters and worried charity workers.

I actually think attending three church services in two days sends a more important message than what kind of shoes one wears, but then I’m religious and don’t consider Christmas a fashion show.

Not a fashion show right, but respect.

People go to work Everyday, and still go dressed accordingly.

As for being religious, i get that. Grew up in the church. 3 days a week, and on sundays from 8am untill 3 pm. Then, back for evening service at 6 to 8pm. :whistling:

I’m having a hard time seeing how wearing sneakers to church when you have to walk a quarter mile to the church is a disrespect to church or God...

Since Fergie is not part of the visible Sandringham Christmas contingent, I think that means she's not invited to the wedding. And, Beatrice and Eugenie looking so horrible today on the walk to church, you have to wonder, were they sending another bad-hat message?

I’m having a hard time seeing how wearing sneakers to church when you have to walk a quarter mile to the church is a disrespect to church or God...

Yeah I think everyone should be modest and respectful in Church (I won't even go into the travesty in clothing I've seen)...but I do believe you can still worship God (and be respectful) in sneakers!

LaRae

If HM was as fond of Sarah Ferguson as we have been told these last many years, there would have been photos. HM knows the power of photos, and there's nothing. Nothing! Zippo. Nothing. No Honors for charity work, no family jewelry, no invites, no ... nothing, only unhappy damaged daughters and worried charity workers.

The reason there's no photos of any visits by Sarah to the Balmoral estate is the same reason why we don't know things about the Christmas arrivals at Sandringham this year as was discussed up threads. Photos of the family when they're on their private estates are prohibited.

Then again, I don't see the York princesses as "damaged" at all. They are grown women that happily visited their grandmother over this Christmas holiday and to me, have the best of both worlds. They're part of the royal family yet they're also private citizens to do as they please.

In my opinion, the Duchess of Cambridge looked relaxed, happy and healthy. Her coat and hat were classics. Meghan looked great too. The Duchess of Cornwall looked tired and drawn, even if her outfit was bright and cheerful. The Countess of Wessex looked completely out of place in her outfit. It's too bad that their Christmas church attendance has become a bit of a dog and pony show--attending church is meant to be a spiritual experience. People like us focus more at what they are wearing and less on what they are doing. I guess it is all part of being visible to the nation, but the press attention at these times feels a little voyeuristic to me.

The reason there's no photos of any visits by Sarah to the Balmoral estate is the same reason why we don't know things about the Christmas arrivals at Sandringham this year as was discussed up threads. Photos of the family when they're on their private estates are prohibited.

Then again, I don't see the York princesses as "damaged" at all. They are grown women that happily visited their grandmother over this Christmas holiday and to me, have the best of both worlds. They're part of the royal family yet they're also private citizens to do as they please.

Osipi, the point is, we DO see pics of Fergie going to Balmoral. She is always photographed in Aberdeen getting into a car for Balmoral. These visits are always documented in the press. I don't think it is HM's press people tipping off the photographers.

Her daughters are in a tough spot. Nuff said.

What does Sarah’s presence, or lack of a presence, have to do with the British Royal Christmas?

:previous: Exactly....Sarah is not at the Royal Christmas so I don't understand why we are so focused on her. Isn't there enough to discuss?

And really...the arm chair psychiatry needs to stop...damaged daughters?

Additional off topic posts will be deleted without noticed.

Let's stay on topic.

Not a fashion show right, but respect.

People go to work Everyday, and still go dressed accordingly.

As for being religious, i get that. Grew up in the church. 3 days a week, and on sundays from 8am untill 3 pm. Then, back for evening service at 6 to 8pm. :whistling:

She was dressed accordingly. Just not to your standards. There was nothing immodest, or unseeming about her outfit. She wasn't in ripped clothes, showing skin or anything else wrong. She made the Walk to church, which is not a short jaunt across the road. If she chose to wear more comfortable trainers to make the earlier walk, good on her.

I see no reason to mention how often you attend. Its no competition who is the better church goer. :ermm:

As for Sarah or anyone else being there or not....they find a great balance. The only new editions I'd think possible when Charles is king, would be his stepchildren and their families. I don't see him allowing Sarah to join, even after his father passes, unless Andrew remarries. It would be nice if Camilla's kids were included, but I don't think they will. The division will be maintained likely, and Camilla will likely continue as she does. Or perhaps they will stay at Wood farm, and be part of the private celebrations but not the church walk.

Even royals have in laws. It makes sense that they all take time to be with the other side of the family. Harry and Meghan may be like Peter and Autumn in years to come. They may spend an extra day or two, since her family isn't close (and perhaps visit after). They are all together for the two major days, and spend time together (as well as Christmas lunch). And then they go their own way. Pretty common in most families. Our family had a big dinner tonight with all the individual families together (extended). The core families all had their own breakfast and events prior.

Seems Meghan got over her nerves and did well enough. Charles seemed to join in a bit with them. She seems to be easing into the family well.

The queen's speech was moving :flowers:

She was dressed accordingly. Just not to your standards. There was nothing immodest, or unseeming about her outfit. She wasn't in ripped clothes, showing skin or anything else wrong. She made the Walk to church, which is not a short jaunt across the road. If she chose to wear more comfortable trainers to make the earlier walk, good on her.

I see no reason to mention how often you attend. Its no competition who is the better church goer. :ermm:

As for Sarah or anyone else being there or not....they find a great balance. The only new editions I'd think possible when Charles is king, would be his stepchildren and their families. I don't see him allowing Sarah to join, even after his father passes, unless Andrew remarries. It would be nice if Camilla's kids were included, but I don't think they will. The division will be maintained likely, and Camilla will likely continue as she does. Or perhaps they will stay at Wood farm, and be part of the private celebrations but not the church walk.
I think you might be right about Camilla’s kids. Another reason for them not to do the church walk is they are raised Roman Catholic, if memories serve me correctly. Andrew Parker Bowles and Camilla even married in Catholic Church.

I think you might be right about Camilla’s kids. Another reason for them not to do the church walk is they are raised Roman Catholic, if memories serve me correctly. Andrew Parker Bowles and Camilla even married in Catholic Church.

Doesn't rule them out attending.

I certainly attend other services with my family. And I felt at home enough in Anglican service when I lived in the UK. My father's family is RC which I was raised, but my mother's family is a mix of protestant. I often attend Christmas eve with my cousin and her kids at the Alliance church. I don't think Camilla's kids would be out of place attending service at the Anglican church with the family if they chose.

That said, I do think Charles will continue the PUBLIC separation between the two families. But in private I think we may see Camilla's family incorporated a bit more. Well not see, as no photos in private estate.

I don't think the York Princesses' outfits and hats were terrible. In fact, I think they were on the same level as Meghan's, which was honestly not all that but people are just overhyping what she wore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom