British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Sophie rode in the car with the Queen yesterday.

I think I realized why they skipped the first service. The first service is rather much simpler and less formal. The ladies didn’t even wear hats. It’s only the second one that they come out in full gear. It’s Meghan’s first Christmas, I’m sure they wanted the photos to be more formal and official. I think the international media would be thoroughly confused as to why she didn’t wear a hat in some photos had they all gone to the first service.

Last edited:
https://itnproductions.com/news/video-royals-attend-christmas-service-with-meghan-markle?type=raw

Everyone seems very happy and relaxed together. Nice to see everyone fit and healthy this year.
Not a fan of Kate's coat, quite an unusual choice IMO.
I wonder if Camilla going in the car is in part due to her advancing age and the fact that now both Sophie's children attend the church service it seems a bit more practical for her to walk with them?

As Camilla walked to the church this morning for the earlier service, your second proposition is interesting.
Or maybe the BRF wanted to send some kind of signal this year ...

Last edited:
Last edited:
A Chum of mine lives in Norfolk, and as an inveterate Royalist makes the effort every year..
Here are his pics,,

More pics..

Attachments

• meg.jpg
    meg.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 159
  • liz.jpg
    liz.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 153
  • kate.jpg
    kate.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 150
  • will.jpg
    will.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 156
  • pete.jpg
    pete.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 163
Last edited by a moderator:
Wyevale...this pictures are Fantastic! Please thank your friend for sharing them with us!

It was great seeing the BRF! Everyone looked happy!

The Queen looked fabulous today. Love the hat!

Not a fan of the Meghan's color choices...thought she was playing it safe but otherwise a great coat and boot choice. At first, I wasn't a fan of Catherine's coat but it grew on me (I think she borrowed that hat from Anne or Camilla). I am not sure what Eugenie was thinking when she picked that coat. And Autumn and her daughters looked lovely. And Lady Sarah's sons...my have they grown!

Any pictures of the Serena and Margarita?

The royal ladies like taking turns sharing the ride to and from church with The Queen. Especially when she’s not accompanied by Prince Philip or a lady-in-waiting.

That's not true. Always been the Countess of Wessex until now.

This is sweet..

Attachments

• harry.jpg
    harry.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 161
They don't courtesy every time, just the first time they see the Queen. It's entirely possible that they (William, Kate, Harry, Meghan) are staying at Anmer Hall, so it was the first time they saw her, while the rest of people saw her earlier that morning.

Or they just greet her just like you and me. As can be read in the FAQ on the very own website of the British monarchy: any form of greeting is okay, there is no any obligation, people who feel the urge to sink through their knees can do so. People who stand upright and greet the Queen with a little nod, or with "Good Morning, Ma'am": all perfectly okay by all members of the royal family.

Or they just greet her just like you and me. As can be read in the FAQ on the very own website of the British monarchy: any form of greeting is okay, there is no any obligation, people who feel the urge to sink through their knees can do so. People who stand upright and greet the Queen with a little nod, or with "Good Morning, Ma'am": all perfectly okay by all members of the royal family.

:lol:

Yeah, sure.

Are there any pictures of the very hunky Chatto son?

I noticed that, too. All four of the 'kids' looked to be enjoying being together. Perhaps they sat up late last night, dishing over the other royals at the formal dinner! I'm sure it's very nice for Kate to have a contemporary in the family, and no doubt Meghan feels comfortable with Kate. Of course, I may just be projecting my feelings about my own sister-in-law.

Merry Christmas to all!!!:lancasterrose::santa3::santa3::wreath::wreath::wreath::wreath:

Kate and Meghan look like friendly sisters-in-law.

Meghan's hat looked lovely.

The Queen and members of the RF arrive for the annual Christmas morning Service at Sandringham.

I watched the body language and Meghan seems pretty relaxed and comfortable with the core group (haven't seen her interact with the others yet) and fairly sure and comfortable with her surroundings. There might of been a couple times she looked around trying to get her bearings it seemed and Harry was quick to say something a couple times.

Seems like it's all going very smoothly.

LaRae

Meghan looked a bit uncomfortable at the beginning, especially around Camilla and Anne.

But she looked great at St Mary's church.

I wonder what is for dinner at Sandringham?

The "Fab Four" as they been called seem pretty tight. It was nice seeing the 3 of them guilding Meghan. I think she and Kate will be good friends. Also Kate has never seemed happier. She has to be glad the pressure is off her some and she has someone to bounce things off with. Harry was lonely but I think she was too. William was the one set up with a significant other and a confidant/friend to experience it with. Now they all have that.

The "Fab Four" as they been called seem pretty tight. It was nice seeing the 3 of them guilding Meghan. I think she and Kate will be good friends. Also Kate has never seemed happier. She has to be glad the pressure is off her some and she has someone to bounce things off with. Harry was lonely but I think she was too. William was the one set up with a significant other and a confidant/friend to experience it with. Now they all have that.

I think you're right. Kate is probably glad to have someone to share the spotlight (and sartorial criticism) with.

You can kinda tell a couple times she's thinking about what she's doing (when they lined up on the steps) ..she hasn't got that routine down of course. That will come with time. She's still feeling her way as to where she's supposed to be when etc.

Coming own the steps she's talking to Kate/William and Harry is pointing and talking to her but she's not turned his way..then he leans and says something, she turns and you can see her saying yes. WE NEED LIP READERS!! LOL

LaRae

Last edited:
I thought they all were? Even Charles joined in before he caught up with Camilla. I enjoyed the interaction between the Wales branch.

You can kinda tell a couple times she's thinking about what she's doing (when they lined up on the steps) ..she hasn't got that routine down of course. That will come with time. She's still feeling her way as to where she's supposed to be when etc.

Coming own the steps she's talking to Kate/William and Harry is pointing and talking to her but she's not turned his way..then he leans and says something, she turns and you can see her saying yes. WE NEED LIP READERS!! LOL

LaRae
I do think there is more of a system when they walk out as opposed to when they walked in? Otherwise, it’s too much of a coincidence for them four to end up at the bottom of the stairs while everyone else other than HMQ, Prince Phillip, Charles and Camilla walking behind them. We saw how it was when they walked in. :lol:

It seemed that Hary was discussing the crowd and game plan for the brief walk about with her on the steps pointing to the left and right. But she seems to have the where to stand and when to curtsy thing down. She definitely knew it was coming and just waiting for the moment she should curtsy. She was keeping an eye out while paying attention to whoever was talking to them on the other side.

LaRae

He says now at one point so I think he was reminding her about the curtesy and pointing to the direction of the walk about. That's my guess.

Serena Countess of Snowdon looks lovely. I think Serena and Autumn Phillips are my favorites as far as royal style goes ... after HM of course.

Zara (at 8 months pregnant) rode with HM in 2013.

With all due respect i would hardly call it "taking turn".
The fact is there was a change this year with the usual "protocol" with the shared car with the Queen.
Who knows maybe Camilla was feeling unwell (but she did walk to the church in the morning), the Queen wanted a girly chichat or as pointed out Sophie wanted to walk with the kids ...
Anyway it was a nice sight to see the two most senior royal ladies together ...

Last edited:
Will a due respect i would hardly call it "taking turn".
The fact is there was a change this year with the usual "protocol" with the shared car with the Queen.
Who knows maybe Camilla was feeling unwell (but she did walk to the church in the morning), the Queen wanted a girly chichat or as pointed out Sophie wanted to walk with the kids ...
Anyway it was a nice sight to see the two most senior royal ladies together ...

I didn't call it "taking a turn". I pointed out that, contrary to your assertion, it has not "always" been the CoW.

That's not true. Always been the Countess of Wessex until now.

Right, but I’m just pointing out that they’re taking turns. The Countess of Wessex rode with The Queen yesterday. Today, it was Camilla. It’s just companion riding.

The "Fab Four" as they been called seem pretty tight. It was nice seeing the 3 of them guilding Meghan. I think she and Kate will be good friends

I've never heard of the usage "Fab Four" before but I do think they seem tight. I'm happy that Harry finally has a companion and isn't just a third wheel or lone wolf of the Wales branch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom