British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe Peter and Autumn typically attend the Trooping (although I might be wrong), so I'm not sure if we'll see their children there.

I don't believe Peter and Autumn typically attend the Trooping (although I might be wrong), so I'm not sure if we'll see their children there.

There are a few photos of them on the internet at Trooping the Colour, if you type in "peter and autumn phillips trooping the colour". But given that I just saw a few, they don't seem to be 'regulars' on the balcony but it is a little possible they could be there next year, though now after looking at their appearances I think there's only a small chance of that. It was just a small wonder though.
Apologies for going off-topic moderators!

I searched for it myself before posting - it looked to me like they only do it very sporadically. Last year's appearance and an appearance in 2008 were all I could find for Autumn, but I didn't look for too long.

Rebecca English‏Verified account
@RE_DailyMail
Following Following @RE_DailyMail

A KP Spokesman says: "You can expect to see The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry and Ms Markle at Sandringham on Christmas Day".

2:20 AM - 13 Dec 2017 from Wandsworth, London

Wouldn't the four of them being at Anmer Hall also be considered as being "at Sandringham" or is a reference to the "Big House"? Stay tuned to this thread to see what happens on Dec. 25th! ?

Wouldn't the four of them being at Anmer Hall also be considered as being "at Sandringham" or is a reference to the "Big House"? Stay tuned to this thread to see what happens on Dec. 25th! [emoji2]
Yes, as Anmer Hall is on the Sandringham estate.

Rebecca English‏Verified account
@RE_DailyMail
Following Following @RE_DailyMail

A KP Spokesman says: "You can expect to see The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry and Ms Markle at Sandringham on Christmas Day".

2:20 AM - 13 Dec 2017 from Wandsworth, London
Expect quite a lot if excitement this year on XMAS day!

Well there’s a lovely surprise! A very good decision I think - though I never thought we’d see it.

There's breaking news from KP that Meghan will be at Sandringham for Xmas and will be seen going to Church with the royals.

Meghan Markle to join Royal family at Sandringham for Christmas

I didn't see any real mention of going to church in the statement. Only that Meghan would be "at Sandringham". As the statement included the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, we *know* that Will and Kate wouldn't be staying at the "big house" as Anmer Hall is a stone's throw away. Its very possible that Harry and Meghan (and perhaps Meghan's family) will be "at Sandringham" but staying at Anmer Hall for the holidays. Carole and Mike Middletons also have spent time "at Sandringham" but have stayed at Anmer Hall.

None of this suggests that Meghan will participate in the "family only" Christmas Eve celebrations or the walk in the morning to the church.

I didn't see any real mention of going to church in the statement. Only that Meghan would be "at Sandringham". As the statement included the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, we *know* that Will and Kate wouldn't be staying at the "big house" as Anmer Hall is a stone's throw away. Its very possible that Harry and Meghan (and perhaps Meghan's family) will be "at Sandringham" but staying at Anmer Hall for the holidays. Carole and Mike Middletons also have spent time "at Sandringham" but have stayed at Anmer Hall.

None of this suggests that Meghan will participate in the "family only" Christmas Eve celebrations or the walk in the morning to the church.

Meghan will be with her fiancé at Sandringham. This all mean that she will celebrate with her soon to be inlaws and go to church with the family.

I’m looking forward to seeing everyone at Sandringham for Christmas.

The statement said we can expect to see her on Christmas Day. The only way we the royals on Christmas Day is the walk to church. If she’s there for that, she’s there for Christmas Eve as well even if her and Harry stay at Anmar.

Well there’s a lovely surprise! A very good decision I think - though I never thought we’d see it.

I think we would of seen it before however William was not present that Christmas after his engagement.

Looking forward to the walk to to Church!

LaRae

Meghan Markle spend Christmas Day at Sandringham | Daily Mail Online

She's not yet married to Prince Harry but the Queen has made an exception for Meghan Markle by inviting her to join Christmas festivities at Sandringham.

A spokesperson for Kensington Palace confirmed the news today, saying: 'You can expect to see The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry and Ms Markle at Sandringham on Christmas Day.'

Very very surprised.

Like your story Osipi! I’m keeping fingers crossed in hope of seeing Meghan with the family.

Me either. I've been expecting it.

LaRae

I am surprised that KP announced it but KP seems to prefer to announce things more than the other households. Like they announced who was attending Pippa’s wedding earlier this year which seemed strange to me.

I am very excited!!!

One thing I know that is going to happen now is that the crowds that gather to watch the royal family walking to church will be an extraordinarily big one. Everyone is going to want to "see" Meghan with the royal family going to church. :ohmy:

I'm surprised that she's choosing to spend her last christmas, before she marries into the firm, away from her mum, that's all. If I was in her position I certainly wouldn't. She missed thanksgiving, and now Christmas. I can hear the responses to my comment like "oh she's marrying Harry", "they don't have to always go to sandringham" etc etc. But this is her last Christmas as a private citizen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised that she's choosing to spend her last christmas, before she marries into the firm, away from her mum, that's all. If I was in her position I certainly wouldn't. She missed thanksgiving, and now Christmas. I can hear the responses to my comment like "oh she's marrying Harry", "they don't have to always go to sandringham" etc etc. But this is her last Christmas as a private citizen.

I am not going to be one bit surprised if Meghan's mom, Doria, is included in this Christmas holiday at Sandringham. If Harry and Meghan are going to be staying with Will and Kate at Amner Hall, its very possible that the house party there will also include Doria.

I am not going to be one bit surprised if Meghan's mom, Doria, is included in this Christmas holiday at Sandringham. If Harry and Meghan are going to be staying with Will and Kate at Amner Hall, its very possible that the house party there will also include Doria.

That wouldn't surprise me either, but I really didn't see it coming. I personally, I'm sure they do deep down as well but they'd never admit it, feel like it's a slap in the face for Catherine and Sophie.

Maybe you're right Osipi and we won't see Meghan at church and she will just be spending Christmas with them. But....

I'm thinking, that visa issues have a lot to do with this. Also, she and Harry might be really exited to spend their first Christmas together.

ETA: How is this a slap in the face for anyone? I'm hoping, and betting, that none of the other royal spouses are that self centered, that they'd make Meghan being included in the RF celebrations about themselves.

Last edited:

It's not been announced that she has.

Never know, her mom may not be big on Christmas, not everyone is. She may have her own plans. Meghan has reportedly been there (may still be there) last week.

laRae

I'm thinking, that visa issues have a lot to do with this. Also, she and Harry might be really exited to spend their first Christmas together.

The visa she’s on allows free travel I believe, only restrictions are when she marries. I imagine they are very excited.

That wouldn't surprise me either, but I really didn't see it coming. I personally, I'm sure they do deep down as well but they'd never admit it, feel like it's a slap in the face for Catherine and Sophie.

Maybe you're right Osipi and we won't see Meghan at church and she will just be spending Christmas with them. But....

Why would Kate even care...William wasn't even at Sandringham after they got engaged.

Sophie and Edward were living together already for some time...presumably they had their own routine worked out.

LaRae

The visa she’s on allows free travel I believe, only restrictions are when she marries. I imagine they are very excited.

I'm so confused about the visa situation, I read on the visa thread, that she wouldn't be allowed to exit UK with fiancé visa for a certain amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom