British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
It's good to know that little George went. I wonder if he was introduced to Maud. :)

I think the tiny Fiat is rather practical, since it's only David and his daughter Margarita (according to the article/photos) who are inside. I don't understand why The Daily Mail have are making a fuss about this. However if the whole family were in the car, then I could understand. On another note, their son Charles doesn't seem to be there, I can't find any photos of him!

It's good to know that little George went. I wonder if he was introduced to Maud. :)

I think the tiny Fiat is rather practical, since it's only David and his daughter Margarita (according to the article/photos) who are inside. I don't understand why The Daily Mail have are making a fuss about this. However if the whole family were in the car, then I could understand. On another note, their son Charles doesn't seem to be there, I can't find any photos of him!

I think he might have been in the other car with his mother. I'll have another look

Yes! very last pic; with a dog!

http://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed..._christmas_lunch_at_buckingham_palace,_london

I think he might have been in the other car with his mother. I'll have another look

Yes! very last pic; with a dog!

Rex Features - Leading photographic press agency and picture library

Thanks cepe. :flowers: It's good to know that lots of extended family members went! I would imagine that Buckingham Palace was very busy and lively this afternoon.

I'm looking forward into finding out who's attending and seeing photos of the annual Christmas at Sandringham.

I love that The Express said Edward used "commendable economy" because he walked in....

It's always nice to see the photos of them arriving and it must be so good to get together with the entire family. It must be a fun day for all.

I love that some family members arrived in taxi's. I spotted little Albert and Leopold Windsor in a taxi. They are cute!

Last edited:
Beatrice's trip to NY was a very quick one: London on Saturday, London again on Wednesday. Eugenie's not in London though, is she?

And no Zara and Mike, and Sophie with the kids?

Beatrice's trip to NY was a very quick one: London on Saturday, London again on Wednesday. Eugenie's not in London though, is she?

And no Zara and Mike, and Sophie with the kids?

Yes to Zara and Sophie and kids.

Sophie and her children were there, they arrived in their land rover. Sophie was seen leaving in their Jag though, minus the children. Rex Features has photos of them arriving.

Viscount Linley and Margarita Armstrong-Jones arriving in that tiny car is the best thing I have seen yet :D

I knew the children would be there with their parents. It's always a big and private family gathering. Good to know the family has got a chance to meet George and Maude.

I didn't see pics of Gloucesters except The Duke and The Duchess

Nice picture, although I wish Charles & Camilla would pose for a official picture on their Christmas Cards. I think it would've been nice to even include the Cambridge's and Prince Harry. Their family has grown, I would want to capture that, IMO.

Nice picture, although I wish Charles & Camilla would pose for a official picture on their Christmas Cards. I think it would've been nice to even include the Cambridge's and Prince Harry. Their family has grown, I would want to capture that, IMO.

From what I've seen over the years, they usually pick out a photo of just the two of them in kind of a happy intimate moment together. I think this is much nicer than a posed, formal photo. We have to remember too that these are the cards that they send to personal family and friends so I think something more "official" would be out of place.

As far as the Cambridges and Harry go, they're old enough and basically on their own that they'd be sending out their own holiday greetings.

Nice to see all of them, especially the Duchess of Kent (where's the mister?) and all those "Lady"s whom we dont see regularly..
One little family I really missed was The Earl of Ulster (the only consistently-classy dude in the entire bunch) and the little Lord cute Culloden..
Anyways, George V and Mary must be glad for Lillibet keeping their clan together though sometimes I wish the Lascalles were also as close to mainstream..

Say what you will about Camilla, but Charles is a much more comfortable, relaxed and happy individual since they married.

Say what you will about Camilla, but Charles is a much more comfortable, relaxed and happy individual since they married.

Oh I agree totally. He is a lot more comfortable in his own skin and isn't afraid to loosen up and just enjoy where he is. I do really think that Camilla does bring out the best in him.

The royal family tend to only include couples with children and once those children are independent they are no longer included on the cards etc. This was the same with The Queen. She stopped having her children once they were out on their own with their own families and this is the case now for Charles - his sons are independent and William has a family of his own now.

If you include the Cambridges and Harry, then in fairness you must include Camilla's children, their spouses and her grandchildren - far easier to just do the couple.

William and Harry haven't been on Charles's Christmas card for a while now. It been Camilla and him ever since they got married. They took family photos shot at George's christening which are probably proudly displayed at Clarence House.

It would be nice to see some of the Lascelles family too.. Princess Mary's sons were first cousins to the Queen... since this is for extended family.

Last edited:
I'm confused. Caption on the picture of the Queen said she was arriving as well. Doesn't she live there? Or perhaps she was returning from a morning engagement?

Oh I agree totally. He is a lot more comfortable in his own skin and isn't afraid to loosen up and just enjoy where he is. I do really think that Camilla does bring out the best in him.

I think a lot of people have reached the opinion that Charles and Diana should have never gotten together. Of course, I'm glad they did simply because we have William and Harry as a result.

I think a lot of people have reached the opinion that Charles and Diana should have never gotten together. Of course, I'm glad they did simply because we have William and Harry as a result.

I don't think that marriage was a mistake either and there were happy moments, smiles and joy then too.

I think it's just great to see the whole family together and happy. They spend a great of time apart and traveling all over the place during the year, it's times like this that the royals get a chance to catch up with the family and chat. They really look forward to doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom