British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what she's going to do, she may want to 'fit in' with them or stay in the warm for a few hours.

I have no idea what she's going to do, she may want to 'fit in' with them or stay in the warm for a few hours.

I imagine, to get in the Queen's good books, she'll attend the boxing day shoot and tag along with Sophie or Anne (most likely Sophie) and help pick up the birds etc. for their husbands.

I imagine, to get in the Queen's good books, she'll attend the boxing day shoot and tag along with Sophie or Anne (most likely Sophie) and help pick up the birds etc. for their husbands.

I think Sophie would be a good choice. They get along pretty well and have spent some time with each other before and after the wedding.

I think Sophie would be a good choice. They get along pretty well and have spent some time with each other before and after the wedding.

I wonder what are the possibilities of the Middletons invited to stay at a guest cottage at Sandringham? I would imagine that both William and Kate will want to see her parents over the holidays also.

But how long are they actually staying. There are reports that they will be in Scotland for New Year - and Charles usually leaves on the 27th so it is possible that William and Kate will also leave then - a bit much to take over a house for only a couple of days - no time to decorate it or things like that.

Television and radio listings for the Queen's 2011 Christmas message:

:usaflag: United States

The C-SPAN channels usually air the message several times during the day, usually for the first time in the late morning or early afternoon Eastern time. It currently hasn't been assigned a time slot yet, but their schedule is very flexible and can change at a moment's notice.

:canflag: Canada

• CBC: 12:00 noon and 7:55 PM local time (12:30 PM and 8:25 PM in Newfoundland).
  • CBC News Network: 12:00 noon and 3:00 PM Eastern. (9:00 and 12:00 Pacific, 10:00 and 1:00
  • Mountain, 11:00 and 2:00 Central, 1:00 and 4:00 Atlantic, and 1:30 and 4:30 Newfoundland)

:britflag: United Kingdom

• BBC One: 3:00 PM
  • BBC Two: 5:50 PM
  • BBC Radio 4: 3:00 PM
  • ITV1: 3:00 PM
  • Sky 1: 3:00 PM
  • Sky News: 3:00 PM, 4:30 PM, 5:30 PM, 6:30 PM, 7:30 PM

:ausflag: Australia

• ABC 1: 7:20 PM (New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, and the Australian Capital Territory), 6:20 PM (Queensland), 6:50 PM (South Australia), 5:50 PM (Northern Territory), 4:20 PM (Western Australia)
  • Nine: 12:20 AM December 26th (New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, and the Australian Capital Territory), 11:20 PM (Queensland), 11:50 PM (South Australia), 10:50 PM (Northern Territory), 9:20 PM (Western Australia)

:nzflag: New Zealand

• TV One: 4:50 PM

Last edited:
I'm so glad HM is today and the next days surrounded by her closest and dearest as her husband is severely ill. I hope he will follow doctor's advice and will allow himself time to relax and recover - difficult when the Dioamond Jubilee Year is coming but necessary, IMHO.

The picture frames on the table are lovely, and I could be mistaken but the one of the little curly blonde girl in a pink and white top (sitting in box!) looks like Lady Louise. The hair is what makes me think it's Louise.

Last edited:
The picture frames on the table are lovely, and I could be mistaken but the one of the little curly blonde girl in a pink and white top (sitting in box!) looks like Lady Louise. The hair is what makes me think it's Louise.

:previous: I saw that pictures :)
I also think that is Lady Louise ;)

That is such a precious picture :wub:. I'm also thinking it's little Louise, probably age one or two.

I love how the Queen looks in her rimless glasses. You can really see her face so clearly now.

The Royals attended an early morning Christmas service. Kate had her hair pulled back halfway and seemed to be wearing a knee length coat in what appeared to be grey.

There is a huge queue of people waiting to see them at the main service at 11am.

The Palace have also announced that some of the family will visit Prince Philip in hospital after lunch.

Kate and Beatrice

The larger family

Apparently the crowds at the Church are much bigger than usual. The queue seemed enormous I have to say.

First picture of Kate at the 11am service

Beatrice, Peter and Autumn Phillips

Charles, Camilla and Family

Last edited by a moderator:
Lady Louise was there toooooo! I was so thrilled to see her walking with her Dad, and it was even cuter because Sophie waited for them when she got out of the car with the Queen. Edward and Louise were one of the last to arrive and Sophie stood waiting for them. Louise had a little hat on. I am sure we'll see more of them all after the service. What a great turn out from them all though. Pretty much everyone of the closest members, barring Viscount Severn, were there.

Lady Louise looks adorable in her little hat. Lovely to see them all interacting, especially the little clips on the news of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie and Lady Louise helping Granny with all her flowers.

I love the Princesses' hats as well. Sophie's hat is lovely, she does look very chic. As always.

Wow .Everything was beautiful :)
I loved that finally Lady Louise was there.She looks so beautiful, walking with daddy, helping to granny, it must be very fun for her.:twohearts:

All royal ladies have great outfits.And agree with you Molly,Sophie like always look very chic ;), lovely hat and color suits to her very well :flowers:.The Trio Wessexs was pleasant surprise :)

In this pic,Princess Eugenie resembles so much to her mother.

Lady Louise looked absolutely adorable. Dressed up so ladylike in such a sweet outfit. I sure wish this look for dressy outfits would be more in style for little girls, rather than the way a lot of them seem to be styled today, with so many of them looking like little 'Kardashians'.

Most of the women looked very nice.

I thought Eugenie's hair looked uncombed; Camilla's hat almost covered her eyes, and Sophie's seemed to be perched precariously on the back of her head, but all the others were fine.

The exception was Autumn Phillips in that hideous plaid coat; I know she is pregnant but surely she has more flattering coats?

Last edited:
I tend to agree with your analysis, Mirabel, of the ladies. I would have liked Sophie's hat much better if it were perched more forward on her head as well. And the combination of Autumn's plaid pattern and voluminous style of her coat looked extremely bulky on her.

And if I don't tear myself away from here to mull on my own fashion to wear for Christmas Day festivities with my family, I'll be extremely late! Merry Christmas, everyone!!:xmasbell:

Last edited:
Lady Louise was there toooooo! I was so thrilled to see her walking with her Dad, and it was even cuter because Sophie waited for them when she got out of the car with the Queen. Edward and Louise were one of the last to arrive and Sophie stood waiting for them. Louise had a little hat on. I am sure we'll see more of them all after the service. What a great turn out from them all though. Pretty much everyone of the closest members, barring Viscount Severn, were there.
Lady Louise looks adorable in her little hat. Lovely to see them all interacting, especially the little clips on the news of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie and Lady Louise helping Granny with all her flowers.

sorry, but where can i see all of that... i"d love to see the clips! thank you!!:flowers:

sorry, but where can i see all of that... i"d love to see the clips! thank you!!:flowers:

here is one from BBC, but too short IMO
Another from Telegraph and INT
I want more to see.
If some want have another link, please ....:)

First of all, Merry Christmas to you all! HM looks radiant as always. I must say I LOVED her look last year, with the scarf, the brooch to hold it, the boots, that fur hat...so chic!

Catherine looked stunning, Sophie looked stunning, Lady Louise is too cute for words. Zara looked chic. Beatrice and Eugenie looked wonderful. I think, finally, because of the wedding, they realized just how...over the top they could be, because they have really been hitting home runs with their looks since then.

Anne looked wonderful in her green attire. Camilla looked wonderful in her hat, and I love the blue coat.

Autumn looked chic in her plaid coat and fur hat.

10 bucks gives you a hundred stores will be running out of dark colored hose...lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom