British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
did camilla? Or is she still unwell?

Surprised we didn’t see any pictures from the very early morning service

Last edited by a moderator:
Well in fairness even if they were war-ing they wouldn’t be anything other than this on the walk to church.
I wonder if Camilla has stayed With her family then or travelled to Sandringham but didn’t make church- if so maybe she stayed with Philip ��

If Camila has a heavy cold she's better off tucked up in bed with a hot toddy, at either Sandringham or Clarence House.

There is only one photo from the day of the Sussex wedding. There are three photos on the back table. One is of Harry and Meghan, one is Eugenie and Jack (and their bridal party) and the third is of the Cambridges.

Thanks, great eyesight!

Aside from that one inaccuracy, everything else I said surely holds true: QEII is all about family unity, and part of the message of the photos is that Meghan is fully part of the family unit.

It is possible to take speculation too far, e.g., the suggestion by some media that the photos of Prince Charles as a baby and on his 70th birthday with the Wales family, somehow indicates the Queen plans to abdicate. ?

The third photo in the foreground appears to be of QEII's father, King George VI. Correct me if I'm wrong. ;) If so, that certainly furthers the royal family continuity theme.

Let's be honest,...they know what's being said in the media. It's in their best interest to put on a happy and united family front!

Maybe the only ones with a problem is the press liking the idea there is a problem because it sells better

Everyone seemed to be in great spirits

Yes, lots of smiles and good cheer spread around. I wonder what Prince Philip does while the family is at church? A whisky in front of the fire, an hour in front of the TV? By the way, was Andrew present at church this morning? His daughters didn't walk with him if so.

Maybe the only ones with a problem is the press liking the idea there is a problem because it sells better

It was about the sell the entire time. It’s always about making money and a little recognition.

The relationships between any royal sisters-in-law are always poor according to the press. :lol:

Love Autumn's green.

Everyone looks at ease and happy. Quite possibly the stories of 'feuding' have only served to bring everyone in the family closer together, which seems very plausible. As I've said before, the royals probably raise their eyebrows and engage in a guffaw or two or three re some of these more nonsensical tabloid fabrications. There are some who aren't impressed by Meghan's dark navy today, but she's matching William and Harry, and quite a few other members of the family. It looks like a theme, or another show of solidarity, or even an insider joke. ?

The British royals are the ones who know what's going on, and we do not. We will never get to know what really goes on behind palace walls. And wouldn't it be fun to really know?! Especially the fun they have exchanging Christmas gifts. They are like any other family, except at the same time, they're not. Meghan being part of the family makes them seem more accessible, but that's an illusion. She's no longer accessible either, despite her previous life being identifiable in many respects.

Last edited:
The entire family looks lovely and in good spirits; it was nice to see.
I especially loved how cute Savannah and Isla looked in their outfits.
Lady Louise looks all grown up and lovely too.

Where have you read the Sussexes may be at Anmer?
I hadn’t seen that.
There were several stories yesterday about “why the Cambridges wouldn’t be staying at Sandringham.”

Where have you read the Sussexes may be at Anmer?
I hadn’t seen that.
There were several stories yesterday about “why the Cambridges wouldn’t be staying at Sandringham.”
The Sussexes may be staying at Anmer, I think, because the whole four were seen curtseying to the Queen. If they stayed at Sandringham, they would (probably) seen her earlier and didn't need to do it twice.

The Sussexes may be staying at Anmer, I think, because the whole four were seen curtseying to the Queen. If they stayed at Sandringham, they would (probably) seen her earlier and didn't need to do it twice.

Ah, thanks. I wasn’t thinking about curtsies.

Maybe it's just become a bit of a custom to see the Queen off from Church at Xmas with a bow/curtsey? I think all the royals headed off in the direction of the big house for lunch last year, and didn't Eugenie also curtsey on the Church steps last year? The Yorks wouldn't have been going to Anmer for lunch.

They all go back to the big house for lunch and then listen to the Christmas message.

It just doesn't sound logical to me that the Cambridges would stay at Sandringham's "Big House". The Queen's family has descended on this neck of the woods and with Amner Hall just practically down the road from the "Big House", there would be more room for overnight guests if the Cambridges and the Sussexes were lodged at Amner Hall for the festivities.

Pictures do paint 1000 words but the trick is to take them at face value and what you see is what you get. They're a snap in time of a family enjoying a holiday with the grand matriarch of the family. Aunts and Uncles and cousins by the dozens coming together on one of the infrequent occasions when they all *can* be together without conflicting schedules. They make the most of it.

Today is a day for family and like families around the world, they're spending it happily together.

I will say that Meghan did a very nice curtsy to HM when they all left the church. Is showed she must of been taking advice on how to do it for this showed a very straight back and down she went. I like seeing women and men paying respect to HM and it showed today.

Meghan curtsied last year, albeit less deep than this year, and was obviously at Sandringham.

I would expect William and Catherine to be at Anmer, but they would be spending today at Sandringham with the whole family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom