British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics of Louise and Edward too. No one else was seen that I'm aware of.

LaRae

:previous:

Here's the article from the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46666362

Her message will "highlight the importance of people with opposing views treating each other with respect", (which I think is most apt in this day and age) by saying:

"Even with the most deeply-held differences, treating the other person with respect and as a fellow human being is always a good first step towards greater understanding."

The Queen does seem to remain relevant in her Christmas messages. I think its amazing that part of the UK Christmas Day is spent listening to her Christmas speech.

It drives MANY of us bonkers that the jist of HMQ's speech is now publicised the day before it is broadcast..Time was when nearly every household tuned in at 3pm on Christmas Day with NO idea what would be said..

Most still watch or listen, but now many will already know the content..

It drives MANY of us bonkers that the jist of HMQ's speech is now publicised the day before it is broadcast..Time was when nearly every household tuned in at 3pm on Christmas Day with NO idea what would be said..

Most still watch or listen, but now many will already know the content..

I agree, why does the Palace release the speech beforehand? It totally defeats the purpose.

It's kind of like knowing what the package so beautifully wrapped underneath the tree contains days before you can open it. To be honest, I'd much rather hear it first from the Queen, herself, than to know what she's going to say ahead of time. :D

It's kind of like knowing what the package so beautifully wrapped underneath the tree contains days before you can open it. To be honest, I'd much rather hear it first from the Queen, herself, than to know what she's going to say ahead of time. :D

Definately and that's how it always used to be, I don't know what purpose it serves to know the content beforehand and I wish they would stop doing it!!!

Maybe because of the time difference in other Commonwealth countries? For example, it is already Christmas Day in Australia and New Zealand.

Thanks Dman. Now I just have to remember to watch it tomorrow morning (my time).

Its totally amazing the coverage that the Queen's Christmas message is given and most likely is able to be viewed all over our globe. Makes me realize just how much Queen Elizabeth II is really the "Queen of the World".

I don't think there's any other king, queen or head of state that garners as much respect and admiration as HM does. She truly is iconic. ?

Thanks Dman. Now I just have to remember to watch it tomorrow morning (my time).

Its totally amazing the coverage that the Queen's Christmas message is given and most likely is able to be viewed all over our globe. Makes me realize just how much Queen Elizabeth II is really the "Queen of the World".

I don't think there's any other king, queen or head of state that garners as much respect and admiration as HM does. She truly is iconic. ?

This is most definitely true, Osipi. The Queen is one of the most iconic figures of our time. Her family is the most famous Monarchy and it’s great that her Christmas Message’s are broadcasted over here in America. I always make sure to tune in to C-Span for her message. It’s my own Christmas tradition.

She has a lovely rich voice. Perhaps she can reprise this number for tonight’s gathering.

She has a nice voice. Thanks for posting.

Meghan has a great voice in the video; fun to see.

I'll be sure to tune in to HM's Christmas speech tomorrow!

When the queen gives her Christmas speech and she has pictures on the table does she try to send a message? Here are pictures in tomorrow's speech

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...speech-christmas-message-pictures-sandringham

Charles as a baby, Charles as a young man and Charles and his sons, their wives, his grandchildren (plus the Sussex one on the way). The other pictures: Harry and Meghan's wedding, Eugenie and Jack's wedding, and the Cambridge Christmas card with Louis. Highlights of the year, including Charles' 70th birthday, the future of the monarchy, a united family?

My Sister just said a much lower key day here tomorrow & I said, "As long as I see The Queen's Christmas Message, I don't care what else we do!!" [emoji16][emoji16]. Also the coverage of coming & going from Church tomorrow. [emoji4]

Wishing Everyone a very Merry Christmas!!

"'Meghan Markle' [the Duchess of Sussex] wins Queen's heart... as she takes centre stage in the Queen’s collection of pictures as the monarch records her Christmas Day message."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...speech-christmas-message-pictures-sandringham

The Queen is nothing if not supportive, understanding and strategic on behalf of her family's p.r. and public face. QEII is venerable, remarkable and very wise.

ETA:
Madame Verseau said:
When the queen gives her Christmas speech and she has pictures on the table does she try to send a message?...

I see just now that you had posted the same article. My take is as I said above: QEII is definitely sending a message of family unity. And I think we should all take heed, especially the media and royal gazers of all stripes.

I think @Osipi sharing the marvelous quote by Prince Andrew in the British royal family relationships thread bears keeping in mind as well.

Last edited:
"'Meghan Markle' [the Duchess of Sussex] wins Queen's heart... as she takes centre stage in the Queen’s collection of pictures as the monarch records her Christmas Day message."

The Queen is nothing if not supportive, understanding and strategic on behalf of her family's p.r. and public face. QEII is venerable, remarkable and very wise.

ETA: I see just now that someone else has posted a similar article.

Still not sure how a picture of the Wales family is about Meghan. Anyways, Merry Xmas!

Still not sure how a picture of the Wales family is about Meghan. Anyways, Merry Xmas!

Who said it is about Meghan though? Oh, I get your drift. I would ignore the OTT phrasing in tabloid headline blurbs if I were you. This is about family unity, especially during the holiday season. If you are familiar with the Queen's Christmas messages, she always has a knack of tying in her family to the larger British family and indeed to the human family throughout the world. She is truly a Queen of all people.

Please also take a look at the photos placed in the background which include two photos taken on the day of the Sussex wedding, in addition to the photo taken on the day of Princess Eugenie's wedding. The foreground photos of a younger Prince Charles accompanied by the lovely Wales family photo celebrating Prince Charles' 70th birthday definitely represent British monarchy continuity and family unity, i.e. Meghan is a fully accepted member of the British royal family, so the British press need to heed and to chill with their negative stories of 'feuds' and speculation about the Duchess of Sussex.

Here's the Prince Andrew quote shared by Osipi that is very apropos to this discussion:
Osipi said:
In the book, The Queen, by Robert Hardman, Prince Andrew was quoted on questions asked of him about the family's dynamics. I found this part to be not only interesting but also informative. Its a great book and I recommend it.

"The constant issue is that there are more people speculating and trying to find out about our normality and reality than is sometimes healthy. The family life that we have had is as much of a family life as your family life. Its had its ups, its had its downs. Its had its good times, its bad times. That's the nature of the beast. And we make the most of family time that we can."

Yep, Merry Christmas to everyone!

During the traditional church walk at Sandringham tomorrow, I wonder if there will be crowds of people with cameras jockeying for position to get a great photo in a repeat of the success that one young woman had last year with the random, yet rare photo she was lucky to get at the right moment. ?

Last edited:
Didn't you notice? For at least a year, everything has been about Meghan! :lol: And Merry Christmas to you too!

Please also take a look at the photos placed in the background which include two photos taken on the day of the Sussex wedding, in addition to the photo taken on the day of Princess Eugenie's wedding. The foreground photos of a younger Prince Charles accompanied by the lovely Wales family photo celebrating Prince Charles' 70th birthday definitely represent British monarchy continuity and family unity, i.e. Meghan is a fully accepted member of the British royal family, so the British press need to heed and to chill with their negative stories of 'feuds' and speculation about the Duchess of Sussex.

There is only one photo from the day of the Sussex wedding. There are three photos on the back table. One is of Harry and Meghan, one is Eugenie and Jack (and their bridal party) and the third is of the Cambridges.

Last edited:
The Duke of Edinburgh did not attend the Christmas Morning Service this morning,the queen looking lovely!

The Queen's choice of family photos clearly highlight the major events in the BRF over the past year: Prince Charles' 70th birthday, the weddings of Harry and Eugenie as well as the birth of Prince Louis.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Didn't Camilla attend?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom