The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1321  
Old 12-26-2015, 09:46 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 6,979
No Commander but Vice Admiral.


Here he is, with red scarf.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1322  
Old 12-26-2015, 10:00 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 17,908
The royal ladies all looked very elegant on Christmas morning on their way to the church service.
__________________

__________________
September 14th, 1982-Death of HSH Princess Grace of Monaco
Reply With Quote
  #1323  
Old 12-26-2015, 10:12 AM
MichelleQ2's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think they all looked great dressed up in their best Christmas finery but, IMO, the person that really stole the show has to be HM, The Queen. That red outfit with the black fur trim were the perfect accessories to her beaming smile.



To me though, they could have been all wearing potato sacks as I think the most heartwarming part of the whole morning is to see generations of a family all gathered together to attend Christmas morning services together. You don't see that too much anymore.

I Agree..HM was perfect and the other royal ladies rotated in her orbit. A collective stylish turnout, but HM was stunning.
Reply With Quote
  #1324  
Old 12-26-2015, 11:36 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Leeuwarden, Netherlands
Posts: 366
The Royal Family Attend Church On Christmas Day - Pictures - Zimbio
Reply With Quote
  #1325  
Old 12-26-2015, 11:42 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think they all looked great dressed up in their best Christmas finery but, IMO, the person that really stole the show has to be HM, The Queen. That red outfit with the black fur trim were the perfect accessories to her beaming smile.

To me though, they could have been all wearing potato sacks as I think the most heartwarming part of the whole morning is to see generations of a family all gathered together to attend Christmas morning services together. You don't see that too much anymore.
The pictures do take you back to a time when the whole family went to church. Sadly, it's become a rare thing to see.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #1326  
Old 12-26-2015, 07:19 PM
padams2359's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Orleans, United States
Posts: 588
I wonder what made her decide to wear mink and chinchilla. She hasn't worn fur in years. It looked stunning.
Reply With Quote
  #1327  
Old 12-26-2015, 08:24 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
I wonder what made her decide to wear mink and chinchilla. She hasn't worn fur in years. It looked stunning.
She wore the fur coat to the same early service a couple of years ago - this is 2013

Queen wears fur to Sandringham sparking fury from animal rights groups - Mirror Online

Also fur trim

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rc...51265840623289
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #1329  
Old 12-26-2015, 09:40 PM
Queen Camilla's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
I wonder what made her decide to wear mink and chinchilla. She hasn't worn fur in years. It looked stunning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
She wore the fur coat to the same early service a couple of years ago - this is 2013

Queen wears fur to Sandringham sparking fury from animal rights groups - Mirror Online
She also wore this fur coat in 2014 for the same event.

I think this is her 'normal' early morning Christmas Service coat.
She has probably been wearing this fur coat to this Christmas Service since the coat was purchased but she was never/rarely photographed in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
Forgive me if this has been covered but where was Commander Tim Lawrence?
He was in the front. Normally he is in the back.

This year they arrived by the 'ages' of the Queen's children with their own children.

Prince Philip accompanied by his daughter Princess Anne
Prince Charles and Camilla
Tim (Filing in Princess Anne's spot.)
William Harry Catherine*
Andrew Beatrice & Eugenie
Edward Sophie Louise & James

IMO, W, H & C were walking too slow and Tim over took them.
(See videos RF page 65 post 1287 by Royal Norway.)
Reply With Quote
  #1330  
Old 12-26-2015, 10:12 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,056
Don't know why anyone would get upset over The Queen wearing fur. She's been wearing the same furs for years. When the State Opening of Parliament took place in November, she wore white fur capes. Women and men wear fur, and it remains the most elegant attire one can wear. The Queen was the only one who beautifully stood out at Christmas service.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #1331  
Old 12-26-2015, 10:29 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Don't know why anyone would get upset over The Queen wearing fur. She's been wearing the same furs for years. When the State Opening of Parliament took place in November, she wore white fur capes. Women and men wear fur, and it remains the most elegant attire one can wear. The Queen was the only one who beautifully stood out at Christmas service.

Fur is now appropriately recognized as needlessly cruel to animals and many oppose wearing it.

I personally make an exception for antique furs, but oppose the manufacture of new ones.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #1332  
Old 12-26-2015, 11:38 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Fur is now appropriately recognized as needlessly cruel to animals and many oppose wearing it.

I personally make an exception for antique furs, but oppose the manufacture of new ones.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
People often forget that The Queen have lots of fur coats and capes, and has had them for decades. Sometimes her dressers often incorporate her old furs in new creations.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #1333  
Old 12-27-2015, 02:05 AM
Queen Camilla's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I wonder how may bedrooms there are at Sandringham House as the media always make it sound very over crowded at Christmas!
Here is an aerial view of Sandringham from the rear.
Although it does not answer your question, it shows the size of Sandringham House.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...925741d92e.jpg

It would be interesting to know who lives where.
Who lives in the 'main house?
Who lives in the 'L' shape that is attached to main house?
Who lives in the reddish brown section?
Who lives in the 'smaller' house to the left?

The smaller house connects to the main house.
Reply With Quote
  #1334  
Old 12-27-2015, 09:04 AM
TortillaChips's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Posts: 304
Daily Fail up to it's usual standards (nice pictures though)

"Prince Philip also walked to the church beside Princess Maragret, who sported a festive shade of red with a scarlet coat and hat"
Reply With Quote
  #1335  
Old 12-27-2015, 09:09 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 8,910
I'm wondering if the people at the DF will even notice there's been a mistake. I seriously doubt it as they're all conspiring on the latest footage to pull some kind of "scoop of dirt" out of nothing at all.

I do admit though that they do have some of the best photographs though. Now if only their journalistic talents could be brought up to the same level.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #1336  
Old 12-27-2015, 09:14 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
Daily Fail up to it's usual standards (nice pictures though)

"Prince Philip also walked to the church beside Princess Maragret, who sported a festive shade of red with a scarlet coat and hat"
If he did, everyone should start running! These crazy mistakes, lol.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #1337  
Old 12-27-2015, 09:14 AM
zarat's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Szczecin, Poland
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
Daily Fail up to it's usual standards (nice pictures though)

"Prince Philip also walked to the church beside Princess Maragret, who sported a festive shade of red with a scarlet coat and hat"
But at least the readers of DM know that it was princess Anne and not her dead aunt....
Reply With Quote
  #1338  
Old 12-27-2015, 09:26 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Here is an aerial view of Sandringham from the rear.
Although it does not answer your question, it shows the size of Sandringham House.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...925741d92e.jpg

It would be interesting to know who lives where.
Who lives in the 'main house?
Who lives in the 'L' shape that is attached to main house?
Who lives in the reddish brown section?
Who lives in the 'smaller' house to the left?

The smaller house connects to the main house.
Complete speculation but I imagine the Queen and DofE have rooms in the 'main' part of the house along with the main reception rooms.
I suspect the reddish brown section contain staff offices and staff bedrooms and maybe a few extra guest bedrooms.
When you look at it like this you can see that the house is not really that big for 30 guests and all the staff. (Of course it is a big house for any 'normal' family).
Reply With Quote
  #1339  
Old 12-27-2015, 09:56 AM
eya eya is offline
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 8,409
I agree i have the same feeling that Sandringham seems "small" for so many guests.
Reply With Quote
  #1340  
Old 12-27-2015, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,681
In pictures: The Queen attends church in Sandringham with members of the Royal Family - News - Eastern Daily Press
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
christmas


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Swedish Royal Christmas (Traditions, Christmas Cards, Photo Sessions) Josefine Royal House of Sweden 177 01-01-2017 02:55 AM
Danish Royal Family Christmas: 2003, 2004, 2006-2014, 2016 Alexandria Royal House of Denmark 569 12-31-2016 02:28 AM
British Pathé- British Royal Weddings An Ard Ri Royal Weddings 15 03-18-2015 03:14 PM
British Royal Christmas 2004-2007 Alexandria British Royals 489 12-29-2007 08:26 AM




Popular Tags
albania autographs best outfit best outfit september 2016 birthday crown princess elisabeth crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria current events denmark fashion poll general news infanta leonor infanta sofia king felipe king felipe vi king philippe letizia monarchy news nobel gala november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince charles prince emmanuel princess marie fashion princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary style princess of asturias princess sofia queen elizabeth ii queen frederika queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia gala dresses queen margerthe queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania fashion queen rania in australia queen silvia queen sofia shaikh zayed bin hamdan bin zayed al nahyan state visit state visit to spain succession sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats tiara united kingdom victoria zog


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:33 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises