The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-25-2015, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Poor Harry doesn't really have a 'fashion' thread but my he looks so nice today at the Church...love the long coat and he looks very dashing/elegant!

LaRae
This is true, but we do have a fashion thread for the men at the following link so please feel free everyone to talk about Harry's fashion and style there

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1850591

Old 12-25-2015, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent

^ He does indeed, and as usual he was smiling and greeting well wishers in not very good weather.

Old 12-25-2015, 08:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I too like Anne's coat (and hat.) I presume it's new, and not rejigged from 1976 or something! Just kidding! (snip)
I think Anne looks fabulous! Love the new green coat. I think it's new. I'm not so sure about that brown suede shoulder bag. I think it might have seen a few tours of duty. I had something very similar back in the 70s. I love the fact she uses shoulder bags. As long as you keep them small so you don't overload them and ruin your shoulders, they are so much more convenient than handbags.

I love HM’s red outfit. She even has a matching brolly! <strike>I am prepared to forgive her the dead animal trim. I will give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that whatever they were when they were alive was farmed, not wild caught, and that they were killed humanely.</strike> I've changed my mind. I'm pretty sure they were chinchillas. I do not condone farming animals in that way for the sole purpose of human vanity.

Philip looks very dapper.

Charles and Camilla are turned out well.

I love Kate’s outfit. The different greens are drawn together in the dress she’s wearing underneath. Love the black boots and gloves and purse, which she seems to have been practising carrying in positions other than across her crotch. Good move, Kate! William looks boring, as always, but at least he’s in grey, not blue, this time.

Nice to see Louise starting to dress her age.

Beatrice and Eugenie still need a lot of help. They both looked OK till I got to their feet.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:18 PM
Serene Highness

Could someone be so kind and explain to me why there are two services attended by members of the Royal family on Christmas Day. One, earlier in the morning that seems to be private; and, one later which seems to be much more public.

Thank you.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
This is true, but we do have a fashion thread for the men at the following link so please feel free everyone to talk about Harry's fashion and style there

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1850591
Oh thanks Jack...I didn't realize there was a thread for it!

LaRae
Old 12-25-2015, 11:35 PM
Aristocracy

Is the church at Sandringham on the Queen's private property or is it a community church? I'm asking because last year I read that the Middletons had to be invited to attend services on Christmas morning. Plus, you never see any one other than royals going into or exiting the church.

Every year since George was born I read speculation about whether he will attend church services. In seeing this is the first year James Viscount Severn attended, I wonder if there is family rule about what age the children are allowed to attend. I don't expect to see George until he is an age similar to James' this year.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:50 PM
Serene Highness

I think they want the children to be able to sit through a service.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:53 PM
Heir Apparent

St Mary's at Sandringham is an entirely public church. It's just that, when royalty attend services there the public is excluded, except for invitees of course. This is almost certainly for security and privacy reasons.

The Queen is a deeply religious woman. On Christmas Day she and the Duke make a point of attending an early service and a later one. It's the later one that most of the other royals turn up to.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketmom View Post
Every year since George was born I read speculation about whether he will attend church services. In seeing this is the first year James Viscount Severn attended, I wonder if there is family rule about what age the children are allowed to attend. I don't expect to see George until he is an age similar to James' this year.
Viscount Linley's daughter attended in 2007 when she was 5, so there doesn't seem to be a distinct age.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
I think they want the children to be able to sit through a service.
Yep, I think it's less to do with a specific age, and more to do with having kids who are old enough to not cause a distraction. I mean, in a lot of churches, younger kids stay in a nursery or perhaps in Sunday school. Or sometimes when kids get too squirmy, their parents might take them out of the congregation to quiet down for a few minutes (at least, these are things I'm accustomed to at church). However, it's a bit of a different circumstance with the royals, so I assume it's just easier not to bring the little ones if they're not yet able to sit through a service, and I think that age differs from child to child.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:31 AM
Serene Highness

What ages did the Queens G children start attending?
Old 12-26-2015, 12:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Everyone looks just lovely. Nice to seemlouise with some very nice fitting c@othes and boots. Ah
None looks,fab with new green coat and nice gloves, wish some of the other ladies would wear glives
Old 12-26-2015, 12:49 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Beatrice looking stunningly elegant.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...1061961200.jpg
Old 12-26-2015, 01:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Sophie looks so chic
Old 12-26-2015, 04:33 AM
Heir Apparent

We'll have to agree to disagree about Beatrice's appearance in that photo. In my opinion she looks quite nice, but absolutely nowhere near "stunningly elegant".
Old 12-26-2015, 05:16 AM
Majesty

For me Lady Violet, eh... I mean, Camilla, stole the show. What an elegant black-and-grey appearance. The perfect hat, the gloves, the umbrella, the eye-popping pearls and the diamond broche... Ten out of ten!
Old 12-26-2015, 05:44 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think they all looked great dressed up in their best Christmas finery but, IMO, the person that really stole the show has to be HM, The Queen. That red outfit with the black fur trim were the perfect accessories to her beaming smile.

To me though, they could have been all wearing potato sacks as I think the most heartwarming part of the whole morning is to see generations of a family all gathered together to attend Christmas morning services together. You don't see that too much anymore.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-26-2015, 06:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Could someone be so kind and explain to me why there are two services attended by members of the Royal family on Christmas Day. One, earlier in the morning that seems to be private; and, one later which seems to be much more public.

Thank you.
I think the morning service is a Communion service and the later service a 'usual' service of prayer and carols. As far as I can remember before Philip was taken to hospital in 2013 we never really saw pictures of the early morning church service but now it seems to be the 'norm' that we get pictures from both.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:48 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen's Christmas Day Speech was the country's most watched moment with 7.2 million viewers

Quote:
The final episode of Downton Abbey was watched by 6.6 million viewers, beating EastEnders in a Christmas Day TV ratings battle, figures show.

But the Queen's speech, broadcast on BBC and ITV, was the most watched programme of the day, with a combined audience of 7.2 million.
Downton Abbey beats EastEnders in Christmas ratings battle - BBC News
Old 12-26-2015, 09:49 AM
Courtier

Forgive me if this has been covered but where was Commander Tim Lawrence?

Tags
christmas