British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a peasant shoot on Christmas Day? I thought it was on Boxing Day?

I know you mean pheasants not peasants. :lol:

Game shooting doesn't take place on Sundays or Christmas Day. Boxing Day is a traditional sporting day so that's why it happens then (and on many other days within the shooting season).

Oh, Megs! What were you thinking?Royal Christmas cards divide our expert panel so which one would you prefer sitting on YOUR mantlepiece?
-Strikingly different cards show both traditional warmth and seasonal glamour
-Dickie Arbiter, ex-press spokesman for Queen, preferred relaxed Cambridges
-Margaret Holder, royal screenwriter, said it was 'fascinating' that Meghan picked a photo so reminiscent of the save-the-date card from her first wedding
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ct-holiday-greetings-divide-expert-panel.html

I don't think she leaves for Norfolk until after the Christmas Lunch she throws for the entire extended family. I've not heard of that happening and someone mentioned that its usually on Wednesday in the week before Christmas?

May even be this week. Has anyone heard?

Has the queen left for Norfolk yet?

No, not yet. She have to host the extended family pre-Christmas lunch first. Yes, I think that’s this week. She and the Duke of Edinburgh are enjoying the holidays at Windsor too before departing for Sandringham.

According to the Daily Mail the christmas lunch is this wednesday. you can expect the Queen to leave for Norfolk on Thursday or Friday.

and with things how they are at the moment in parliament I don’t blame her!

Could Prince Harry compromise and participate in the Boxing Day shoot every other year?

I don't think the rumors are true. He went to Germany to hunt for two years in a row after he and Meghan started dating. I believe the story was neither of the princes participated in the hunt last year. Not sure why this is being rehashed.

and with things how they are at the moment in parliament I don’t blame her!
:lol:
It's pantomime season in there! They'll be throwing custard pies at each other by Wednesday.

No, the Christmas family lunch is this week. She leaves at the end of the week, afaik.

According to the Daily Mail the christmas lunch is this wednesday. you can expect the Queen to leave for Norfolk on Thursday or Friday.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2018121765710/royal-christmas-lunch-new-addition-this-year/

Also, according to the latest episode of ITV's Royal Rota with Chris Ship (linked in the Electronic Library thread), the Cambridges and the Sussexes will be in attendance this year at Sandringham for Christmas festivities. And the rumors of Meghan's mother having been invited have been scotched. Perhaps Meghan's mother was intially being considered to be invited. Maybe Meghan's mother will come to visit her daughter and son-in-law sometime in December, but she won't be at Sandringtham. The rumors of Meghan's Mom moving permanently to England are also inaccurate. I could be wrong, but I thought the Middletons have actually attended Sandringham church service at least once. Of course, it's not a usual practice to invite members of in-law extended families.

[...] Now there are conflicting news reports indicating variously that Meghan's Mom "is welcome at Sandringham but she wasn't formally invited," and in other versions that Doria "turned down an invitation." The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
https://people.com/royals/meghan-markle-mom-not-spending-christmas-with-royal-family/
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...ria-ragland-not-joining-royals-for-christmas/

W&K were initially rumored to be spending Christmas with Kate's Middleton family members. But perhaps it was thought best for the 'Fab Four' to appear together again this year in a show of unity to help dispel the invidious rumors of rifts and tension.

Last edited:
I thought Majesty Magazine was not a tabloid. The Janaury issue has Ingrid Seward stating as fact that Doria was invited. So Majesty magazine now uses the tabloids as sources?

She may have been invited and declined that invitation. We simply don't know. Just because a person doesn't turn up doesn't mean they weren't invited in the first place.

Oh, Megs! What were you thinking?Royal Christmas cards divide our expert panel so which one would you prefer sitting on YOUR mantlepiece?
-Strikingly different cards show both traditional warmth and seasonal glamour
-Dickie Arbiter, ex-press spokesman for Queen, preferred relaxed Cambridges
-Margaret Holder, royal screenwriter, said it was 'fascinating' that Meghan picked a photo so reminiscent of the save-the-date card from her first wedding
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ct-holiday-greetings-divide-expert-panel.html

I like all of the royal Christmas cards. They are all definitely keepsakes. Most likely, the photographer happened to take the shot and M&H really like it, and thus decided to feature it on their Xmas card. I think it's a lovely expression of the most special day of this year for them, and also a nice reflection of the fact they will be making Frogmore Cottage at Windsor their full-time residence. It is certainly an unexpected and unconventional choice for a Xmas card. But it's just a Xmas card after all.

Here's a nice feature showing British royal family Xmas cards through the years. The ones of Diana PofW with Prince Charles and their sons have reportedly been sold at auction in recent years.
https://www.eonline.com/photos/23281/royal-christmas-cards-through-the-years/814736

Last edited by a moderator:
Many sources said that Doria had been invited to Sandringham for Christmas - not just the DM. She isn't going which would suggest that she did say 'thank you but I will stay at home for Christmas'.

She also has to watch her visas for the UK as she is limited to how long she can be there within a twelve month period and will want to be there with her daughter when she has the baby so it probably makes more sense for her to plan to be there for the birth and Easter rather than another trip over Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe there was another report saying Ms. Ragland will not be at Sandringham but the Sussexes plan to leave early to spend time with her at their rented house in oxfordshire after so Ms. Ragland will likely spend the holiday season with the Sussexes but not Christmas day with them.

We really don’t know who will be at Sandringham until the family start showing up to church.

Many sources said that Doria had been invited to Sandringham for Christmas - not just the DM. She isn't going which would suggest that she did say 'thank you but I will stay at home for Christmas'.

Eh, I don't know if multiple places reporting it adds any more credibility to it at this point. It just seems they are taking each other's story and either re-reporting it or adding to it.

The fact of the matter is that when it comes to the British royal family's Christmas plans, none of them actually are made known to the public. We do know the Queen leaves for Sandringham after the Christmas Lunch with the extended royal family. We do know that they all walk to church together on Christmas morning. Those are, perhaps, the only *known* things that happen without fail.

Anything else actually was based on rumor, gossip, speculation and sometimes wishful thinking. :D

Did anyone ever figure out if the Queen's Christmas Luncheon is tomorrow (Wed)?

LaRae

Eh, I don't know if multiple places reporting it adds any more credibility to it at this point. It just seems they are taking each other's story and either re-reporting it or adding to it.

I fully agree with this--multiple reports absolutely does not mean multiple sources or verifications. I think one place has a story and almost everyone else jumps on the band wagon so as not to be left behind, whether it is true or not.

I've seen it mentioned in a few articles it is this Wednesday. It has to be because its the last Wednesday possible before Christmas which is next Tuesday. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom