British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a lovely, magical photo from this couple's wedding celebrations. It seems like one that is framed and on prominent display in their home.

But I feel they've missed the occasion. Christmas cards are warm greetings to family and friends. This looks more like an artistic photo from a magazine spread-- lovely for its own purpose, but not this one. I felt a similar way about the engagement photo.
You hit the nail on the head with this statement. Great photo but not for Christmas. Their "thank you" cards were more personable than this on.

George in long pants beautiful photo

I guess that George didn't wear long pants, I guess it was short pants with tights as Louis does.

Louis is a little charmer and you can see that Charlotte is daddys little girl. George seems to train for ballet or marital arts. So cute.

William and Catherine are doing a great job as parents.

I did too! The couple choose to share a private moment from their very private wedding reception.

Other than this photo, we aren't going to see anything else of their private reception so I'm glad that we were given this insight.

I think this couple is going to be even more private than the Cambridges when it comes to their family life.

LaRae

"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are pleased to share a new photograph of their family. The photograph, taken by Matt Porteous, shows The Duke and Duchess with their three children at Anmer Hall, and features on Their Royal Highnesses’ Christmas card this year."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuX0qYvW0AAkP2O.jpg

Great picture! And George is at an age that he is allowed to wear long trousers ? Baby Louis is supposed to wear shorts for the next few years (including on this picture)...

Great picture! And George is at an age that he is allowed to wear long trousers ? Baby Louis is supposed to wear shorts for the next few years (including on this picture)...

Thank goodness! I think they tortured the boy long enough, :lol:

I really love that all the photos released by the Sussexes so far have all been at frogmore estate.

At the time of the engagement and wedding we heard the couple has a special connection to windsor and frogmore and that they spent a lot of time in that area but it's photos like this that really give us an insight into the deep love and connection they have to the area.

Seeing that connection, I can't wait to see the future pictures of the Sussex family at frogmore as the children grown older.

Last edited:
Already? He's only 5 years old, I thought the shorts period was longer than that.

This is a beautiful photo, much better than last year.

I have never, ever seen a baby boy in a pair of tights, it's totally odd looking. Why couldn't they have just put some nice little navy blue trousers on him?

A wonderful family photograph! Would Prince George's boots be referred to as Wellingtons?

A wonderful family photograph! Would Prince George's boots be referred to as Wellingtons?
I'm pretty sure George's boots are from Hunter. Wellington boots don't have the "tag" on the front top of the boots. Not to mention, according to their website, Hunter holds Royal warrants.

I'm pretty sure George's boots are from Hunter. Wellington boots don't have the "tag" on the front top of the boots. Not to mention, according to their website, Hunter holds Royal warrants.
Yes the brand is Hunter & we usually call those Hunter Wellies. I've got Hunter Wellies as most people living in the country do - they're not cheap but they last forever.

I have never, ever seen a baby boy in a pair of tights, it's totally odd looking. Why couldn't they have just put some nice little navy blue trousers on him?

It's a tradition that little boys don't wear long trousers or pants, whatever you want to call them, until they are older (like, 7 or 8 years old) and I imagine it was too cold for him to be only in shorts.

It's a tradition that little boys don't wear long trousers or pants, whatever you want to call them, until they are older (like, 7 or 8 years old) and I imagine it was too cold for him to be only in shorts.

I'm sure it's not a rule that's set in stone to the point that they had to put tights on him. The sky wouldn't have fallen in had he wore a little pair of trousers.

I was thinking about the photo on the Christmas card, and aside from what a pretty photo it is, I thought it was interesting from a psychological perspective. I wonder if it's predictive of what we can expect from them in the future?

Here we have a lovely photo, of a non-public moment, which they chose to share. But it's taken from the back, it's not possible to see if the two figures really are Harry and Meghan (I know it is, but bear with me) and it's dark. So in effect, even though it's been put out there for public consumption, they've controlled how much we can actually see, and we can't actually see much. I sense a theme developing....

It's interesting if you think about it in the context of the current relentless media scrutiny.

Another thing I've caught onto with this photo is that because its in black and white and the brightness of the fireworks, what it takes a few minutes to realize is that they may not be facing us but they're still holding hands around the back as they watch the light show.

It captures a warm, intimate moment between the couple much like the cards that Charles and Camilla send out. Its been stated that Charles and Camilla pick a favorite photo from the past year to use. Perhaps Harry and Meghan are following suit.

As it goes to family and friends, I think, for the most part, those that receive the cards are also going to be people that were among the wedding guests and it'd be more like a "remember this?" kind of moment rather than picking that photo for the card as a way to send a message to the general public.

We're just lucky they did decide to make it public.

:previous: Yes, well I thought that. Then I also thought how common this exact kind of shot has become for anyone going to Disney and seeing the fireworks. The only thing missing was the Mouse ears. But it has become a cliche.

And I am perfectly happy only seeing the part of them they want me to see. :flowers:

I was thinking about the photo on the Christmas card, and aside from what a pretty photo it is, I thought it was interesting from a psychological perspective. I wonder if it's predictive of what we can expect from them in the future?

Here we have a lovely photo, of a non-public moment, which they chose to share. But it's taken from the back, it's not possible to see if the two figures really are Harry and Meghan (I know it is, but bear with me) and it's dark. So in effect, even though it's been put out there for public consumption, they've controlled how much we can actually see, and we can't actually see much. I sense a theme developing....

It's interesting if you think about it in the context of the current relentless media scrutiny.

WOW! That is DEEP! :flowers: You're right, I think the ongoing media onslaught will ensure that the private lives of Harry, Meghan and their child/children will be very PRIVATE and secluded!

It makes a lot of sense the way you explain it though!? I have seen so many interpretations about this photo!:lol: Poor me...I just saw it as a simple wedding photo :lol:

The most "interesting" interpretation I've seen is that this photo was chosen as a response to the media since they are not allowed to speak out directly! The fact that Harry and Meghan have their backs to the camera represents their stance against the media onslaught they have received in recent weeks. The couple standing close together with hands clapsed is symbolic of them standing by each other as a team! The fireworks represent the media's attack on them!:whistling:

There sure are a lot of internet psychologists!:D

Last edited:
We have Boggs and Muck boots here in the U.S. that are commonly worn in farming areas.

LaRae

:previous: Yeah, I'm probably overthinking it :lol:

Beautiful photo. Lovely another insight into wedding. :flowers:

The picture suits them. They are a young married couple, no kids yet. Just because you marry doesn't mean you become middle aged and sweaters and boring. It seems people picture them becoming the country toffs the Cambridges became, when married. Harry and Meghan seem to embrace just because you are married and expecting doesn't mean knitted sweaters and nights by a fire.

Lovely they did it at Frogmore which is so much a part of them.

Last edited:
Then again, applying Occam's Razor theory, they picked that picture because they really, really liked it. :D

I'm sure it's not a rule that's set in stone to the point that they had to put tights on him. The sky wouldn't have fallen in had he wore a little pair of trousers.

You do realize that I used the word "tradition" and not "rule", right..?

It is a tradition, especially among the aristocracy, upper class, all the fancy people, that small boys wear shorts until they are older (around 7 or 8 years old, usually, sometimes earlier) - long trousers are in some circles considered "middle class". (Please note that it's not my opinion, because I find the whole thing a bit ridiculous, but it is what it is.) That's why Prince George wearing long trousers for the wedding was made into a thing. He never wore long trousers before, always shorts.

So yes, the sky might've fallen if Prince Louis wore long trousers. Also I don't understand why you're so offended with the tights, it's a pretty normal article of clothing. After all, the most important thing is that the child is warm and comfortable.

I think the photo gives some insight on their wedding day from their perspective.

I like the photo not only for the romance but what I believe it symbolizes: together taking on the critics and looking ahead to a bold and bright future. Cue their wedding song "Stand by Me".

Most of the Sussexes' official portraits released this year have been black and white photos.

Some one correct me if I am wrong but I heard that the press doesn't like to run black and white photos on front pages (it doesn't grab your attention like big colourful pictures do on front pages)

It felt like a perfect balance of a lovely natural picture of the couple at one of their most personal and happy times in their lives shared with the public that is open to interpretation (some have interpreted it as the couple looking up at the bright future or looking back at the end of a day/year of celebrations etc) but still private (black and white with their backs turned).

It was a lovely picture to share that really captured the special feelings of that day. It is probably my favorite picture they have released so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom