British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
.... or perhaps, K&W will spend Boxing Day with the Middletons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am aware that Camilla spends part of the holiday with her family. I didn't mention her because of her age and background. What I mean about that is that she has/had grown children from her first marriage and grandchildren...so of course it would be expected that she would spend some time with them.

In reference to Diana, Sarah and Sophie they had their parents, siblings and nieces and nephews but its not the same. They certainly could have spent time with their families but 1) we never really knew it and 2) if so it was certainly not as publicized as Camilla's.

The Royal Christmas 2010

:royalstandard:

The Royal Christmas 2010

:crown5: . :crown5: . :crown5:

Last edited:

Today, December 16, the annual Christmas lunch hosted by the Queen at Buckingham Palace
for the extended family has taken place. Here are some arrival pics - the list is not complete,
Zara Phillips, Princess Alexandra, Lady Helen and Lord Linley with their families and others were
attending as well..

** Prince and Princess Michael of Kent ** A very pregnant Autumn Phillips **

** Countess Sophie, Prince Edward and the children ** Lady Louise **

** Lady Gabriella ** Princess Anne ** Princess Beatrice ** Lady Sarah and family **

** Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor ** Lady Davina and husband Gary **

** Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla ** Prince William and Catherine **

Thank you much, Lumut! Anne appears to be her usual happy self.. ;) Nice to see Catherine with William!

Last edited:
I'm happy to see Autumn. Are there any photos of Peter?
I agree udyusa, it's really nice to see Catherine and William. This is the first time they've been seen together since the engagement announcement.

Kate Middleton attends lunch with the Queen.

Nice pics! It's good to see William and Kate together and her doing family stuff makes the engagement seem more real :)

And to clarify I mean real to us like not just something we read in papers, not real like they were faking it!

Well according to RoyalReporter they will be with the Queen and the rest of the senior royals this weekend. He also said the Queen greeted Kate when she arrived and welcomed her to the family(or something along those lines)

Last edited:
Ah, I love those occasions where you can watch the entire family, even if they're only visible in cars! ;)
Nice to see Lady Louise, her hair looks lovely curly. :)

In post #503, it kind of looks like I was thanking myself for the photos.:lol: I was actually thanking iceflower.

I wonder if we'll see any photos of them this weekend?

From the Mail article about Catherine Middleton attending the luncheon:

"She was driven to the event seated between her fiancée and Prince Harry."

Read more: A War Horse and the Duchess: Camilla meets the star of a West End show | Mail Online

I personally think that William is a male descendant of the queen but for the Mail he obviously is a female. Or don't they know that there is a male form of fiancée (which is of course due to the double-"e" a female form) which is fiancé? :D

Oh yes, formal speech has its difficulties, especially if you use words from a foreign language....

Thanks for the lovely pictures iceflower. Especially the one of little Lady Louise, as it's a shame we don't get to see her too often. She's a real cutie. :)

Prince & Princess Michael of Kent
Lord Frederick Windsor (beside his sister?)
Lady Gabriella Windsor

What about Lady Frederick Windsor? Wouldn't she be with her husband if he attended? Or is it possible it was another man with Gabriella?;

Possible another man next to Gabriella.

Yes, possibly. But perhaps Sophie was otherwise busy (she's working on a new series in the US as far I know) and didn't attend the lunch.

Confirmed attendees at the Queen's Christmas luncheon .
See also the post by Ken on the British Royals MB. As every year he was there to watch the arrival of the Family members

:previous: Thanks for the link, Stefan! :flowers: So, Sophie attended.
I wonder if Marina Mowatt and her children don't join such family occasions anymore?

:previous: I can't imagine why Marina and her children wouldn't be there unless they had a prior engagement.

Marina did attend Charles's wedding and has been at the Trooping of the Colour.

Yes, you're right, Zonk. I was just curious because I thought they hadn't attended the lunch last year either. But I'm not sure about that.

The 65 confirmed attendees at the Queen's Christmas luncheon, 2010

(based upon pictures of cars entering or leaving Buckingham Palace and courtesy of Ken from BRMB)

HM The Queen & The Duke of Edinburgh

The Prince of Wales & The Duchess of Cornwall
Prince William & Catherine Middleton
Prince Harry

The Duke of York
Princess Beatrice
Princess Eugenie

The Countess of Wessex
Viscount Severn & Lady Louise Windsor

The Princess Royal & Vice Admiral Tim Laurence
Peter & Autumn Phillips
Zara Phillips

Viscount & Viscountess Linley
Charles & Margarita Armstrong-Jones

Lady Sarah & Daniel Chatto
Samuel & Arthur Chatto

Earl & Countess of Ulster
Lord Culloden & Lady Cosima Windsor

The Duke & Duchess of Gloucester
Lady Davina & Gary Lewis
Senna Lewis

Lady Rose & George Gilman
Lyla Gilman

The Duke & Duchess of Kent
Earl & Countess of St Andrews
Lord Downpatrick
Lady Amelia Windsor

Lord & Lady Nicholas Windsor
Albert & Leopold Windsor

Lady Helen & Tim Taylor
Columbus, Cassius, Eloise & Estella Taylor

Prince & Princess Michael of Kent
Lord & Lady Frederick Windsor
Lady Gabriella Windsor

Princess Alexandra
James & Julia Ogilvy
Alexander & Flora Ogilvy

Princess Margarita of Baden (daughter of Princess Theodora of Greece, Prince Philip's sister, and the Margrave of Baden)
nb.. Princess Margarita (b 1932) is, according to Wiki, "the most senior female line descendant of Queen Victoria".

It is great that the Kent clan were invited to the Christmas luncheon. Hopefully photos of the event will be available for us to see.

It is great that the Kent clan were invited to the Christmas luncheon. Hopefully photos of the event will be available for us to see.
I doubt that all of them have attended.Well,I'm looking for the pictures!I don't believe any news or presence till the pictures are confirmed

We don't get photos from a totally private event. The only photos are those of people entering and leaving but none from inside. They are entitled to some private times and this is one of the few occasions when the entire extended family gets together and like the rest of us enjoys each other's company for a few hours and then probably breathes a sigh of relief that they don't have to do it again until next year.

This is one thing I see Charles doing away with as he wants to cut down the number of royals so having a family of 60 or so want fit in with his concept of the family.

Originally Posted By Dierna23
Yes, possibly. But perhaps Sophie was otherwise busy (she's working on a new series in the US as far I know) and didn't attend the lunch.

sophie is working on a series? can you maybe tell me what kind of series? haven t heard anything of it so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom