The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-27-2014, 07:56 AM
Majesty

I just saw the video link in the Mail Online article has broken so I went looking for another source and came upon the perfect clip.

There is obviously something wrong as it is in total slow motion, but. that actually works better. At about 3:18 Harry moves behind Catherine and speaks briefly to William, he then moves back behind Catherine to the front at which point Catherine looks a little uncomfortable and turns and steps closer to William.

At around 4:00, you see Harry looking deep in thought, head slightly down and with pinched lips. Then, like he has made a decision, he pulls his hands out of his pockets, flattens the flaps, pulls his shoulders back and executes a perfect bow as his grandmother's car pulls away.

Old 12-27-2014, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
I think it is lovely the Queen included them. I cannot credit those who talk about The Duchess's family getting ahead of themselves. It cannot be easy having reporters follow you around...especially Pippa. They always look gracious, they always smile, they do not put a foot wrong. Leave them to enjoy Christmas. Traditions evolve over time. I think the biggest snobs are NOT the royal family...but posters on here and people who comment rudely as they did in the Daily Mail article.

That's how I see it too. Should the Middletons not go where they are invited?

It seems as if some wouldn't be happy unless the Middletons were to disappear entirely!

Old 12-27-2014, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if it was necessary for the Middletons to be there...
Old 12-27-2014, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I wonder if it was necessary for the Middletons to be there...

The church part or in Norfolk as a whole?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-27-2014, 10:00 AM
Serene Highness

Of course the Middleton's should be in Norfolk, at the end of the day like many families they probably use to spend Christmas altogether. Why should they change that just because Kate has married into the Royal Family?
The Queen has given William Amner so of course the Middletons have been invited to stay, wouldn't you invite your family if you had a house big enough to accommodate them all?
I think the Queen has recognized that the old idea of marrying a royal means almost abandoning your own family no long works, it wouldn't surprise me if Christmas and how often William and Kate would come to Sandringham, was part of the reason she gifted them Amner. William had shown in the past he would happily go with Kate's family (in turn visiting both sides of the family for Christmas like most families do).

In regards to them attending the Church, why shouldn't they if the Queen invited them? They could of attended the church next to Anmer but why attend a separate church from your own daughter and in-laws?

I'm sure some people will see the way they have been included as unfair given the fact that others who married into the family have had to leave their families for Christmas in the past but then again people always say the Royals never change, well now they are.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I jus think it is wrong.... After all the critics, I had appreciated their dicretion but god, it seems as if they are everywhere...
Old 12-27-2014, 10:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I jus think it is wrong.... After all the critics, I had appreciated their dicretion but god, it seems as if they are everywhere...
They attend family events, because they are family. It's not like they're in the balcony during Trooping the Colour or attending the State Opening of the Parliament.

The Daily Fail and they readers may think so, but Catherine has not ceased to be their daughter and sister when she became Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't know what the fact of being closed to your family has to do with your parents being everywhere to be honest...
Old 12-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Carole and Mike Middleton are the parents of a royal duchess and the grandparents of the third in line to the throne.
They will always be included at family events.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I don't know what the fact of being closed to your family has to do with your parents being everywhere to be honest...
I don't know why her parents and siblings attending family events are seeing as them being "everywhere".
Old 12-27-2014, 10:45 AM
Serene Highness

How are they everywhere? They aren't attending state events they are just attending family events! In fact they weren't even at Sandringham House, they stayed at Anmer even when William and Kate went over to the big house. They attended a church service at the invitation (we can assume) of the Queen, one invitation over the Christmas period.
I don't see the problem and I think its a nice change for inlaws to be attending rather than being left out. Some people just need to get over animosity towards the Middletons (i'm not a massive fan myself but can't see the problem).
Old 12-27-2014, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not a Middleton's critic... I'm indifferent towards them actually..That's just seem odd to me that they mingle with the royal family in such a easy way... That's all
Old 12-27-2014, 10:50 AM
Serene Highness

And in the past the Royals have been criticized for not 'lowering themselves' to include in-laws. Now that they are doing just that some people want to criticize them or the in-laws for it. They can't win! I don't see the problem with them attending church with the Royals, I doubt they were sitting next to the Queen!
Old 12-27-2014, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes I got your opinion quite well thanks
Old 12-27-2014, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I remember seeing photos of Carole sitting with the Duke of Edinburgh and the two were laughing and talking in every picture. I don't understand why its such a crazy idea that the Middletons and the royals genuinely get along and get invited to family events.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I actually like the fact that the Middleton's are not shut out by the royal family. I've always thought it was odd that those marrying in had to basically abandon their families during the holidays. It's good to see that times are changing.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Yes I got your opinion quite well thanks
And we all get yours
Old 12-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Royal Highness

George spent Christmas with the Middletons on December 21st when he attended a candlelight service at Anmer church.

He did not attend Christmas service with Queen and the Royal Family at Sandringham.

According to his parents he is disruptive and cannot attend church yet he went with his mother's family but not his father's family.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

It is not really the same situation. The church at Anmer is right outside their house. If he was acting up, they could just take him out. Compared to the walk on Christmas with several hundred people watching. No royals have attended at George's age. James and the Philips girls don't attend.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-27-2014, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Another way to look at this is that it fairly well-confirmed that the Middletons are there for the holiday.

There would be comment, no matter where they went to Church on Christmas (a la "Queen bans Carole from St. Mary Magdalene's").

Anmer's Church shares a Vicar (it seems) with Dersingham and Shernbourne: Anmer: St Mary, Anmer - Norfolk | Diocese of Norwich and has service only two days a month. Dersingham appears to take the bulk of the services.

Having known a number of rectors that work at multiple parishes, I know that Christmas is a very busy time with little slack to work in an additional service at Anmer just so that the Middletons don't have to share the church with the Royal Family. And I have no doubt that had the Middletons attended at Dersingham, there would have been security measures of some kind, doubling that work.

BTW - did anyone notice any record of who attended the early morning service at St. MM in Christmas Day? I saw no Wessexes, no Cambridges and I am not even sure I saw Anne?

Tags
christmas