Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-25-2014, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Royal Christmas Morning

Old 12-25-2014, 07:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
I believe he is one of the Queen's equerries. He also attends Easter with the Windsors. This topic was discussed last year on another Royal forum and I am pretty sure it was discovered he was her equerry.

I love Eugenie's coat this year, but I do not like what Louise is wearing. I hated the coat at Easter and I hate it even more today. It's too big for her and her white tights and Mary Jane's should be a thing of the past for her. She looked so lovely last year...Kate looks nice today and the Queen looks lovely.

Old 12-25-2014, 07:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

There are now pictures of The Queen in the mail article, she looks great as usual.

Queen wraps up for early Christmas service | Daily Mail Online

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...9511296228.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...9511470510.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...9511478467.jpg
Old 12-25-2014, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

In the video, everyone is calling
Quote:
Merry Christmas
I thought that was an American thing, and they said
Quote:
Happy Christmas
in the UK? No?
Old 12-25-2014, 08:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Zimbio
Old 12-25-2014, 08:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
In the video, everyone is calling .
I thought that was an American thing, and they said in the UK? No?
Merry Christmas vs. Happy Christmas
Old 12-25-2014, 08:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Sophie walked?
Looks like Middletons are at Sandringham this year unless they've just come for the service :)
I think Middletons spend Christmas at Anmer Hall and attended the church as all locals and their guests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
He walked in with Prince Harry at the private family service so he must be a close relative or married to a cousin etc.
He acts like a family member. And I saw him previously with prince Philip. But the Queen invites only family members, not cousins. An equerry? I am at a loss.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
It is The Queen's equerry, Lieutenant Commander Andrew Canale.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Yeah I said he was her Equerry. The topic cropped up last year on another forum. He is always at Christmas and Easter with the Queen.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
It is The Queen's equerry, Lieutenant Commander Andrew Canale.
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Yeah I said he was her Equerry. The topic cropped up last year on another forum. He is always at Christmas and Easter with the Queen.
sorry, I had to believe
Old 12-25-2014, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Emily Andrews ‏@byEmilyAndrews 12 mins12 minutes ago
Prince George didn't miss out on church. He went to Sunday candlelit service at Anmer Church w W&K. Maddison Neal, 8, helped w his lantern.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

A member of my family was at Sandringham this morning. He said a police officer walked toward the crowd, to stop a man who yelled at William.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen's Christmas Message 2014: On Now
tvpc.com - BBC 1

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-25-2014, 10:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The Queen's Christmas Message 2014: On Now
tvpc.com - BBC 1

Queen Elizabeth II is far from being my favorite royal, but I must admit that was one of her best Christmas Messages in recent years.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Queen Elizabeth II is far from being my favorite royal, but I must admit that was one of her best Christmas Messages in recent years.
I may be American but Her Majesty's Christmas Messages is my personal tradition and I always enjoy them. I like that she mention my favorite show, 'Game of Thrones.'

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-25-2014, 10:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen and members of the Royal Family attended the Morning Service on Christmas Day at Sandringham Church-

Home - ITNSource News

I see The Queen didn't accept any flowers from children this year. I guess she's now leaving it to the younger royals.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

A very good speech by Her Majesty. I adore the Queen, but it is not always I have time to see the Christmas Message live on tv.

Old 12-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
A very good speech by Her Majesty. I adore the Queen, but it is not always I have time to see the Christmas Message live on tv.

Not only one of her best of recent memory, but one of great truth as well. Especially during the times we live in where it seems our World is being torn apart by hatred and war. :(

Very well done indeed and, is also traditional for me, getting teary eyed at the end. Don't know why but every year I get choked up at the end of Rudolph when Santa wishes us all Merry Christmas and at the end of Her Majesty's Speech when she also does the same.

Every. Single. Christmas!! Can't explain it, but... :)

BTW...That was The Band of The Royal Marines playing first God Save The Queen and then Silent Night, right? Dad asked if I knew and judging from the uniforms, that's who I said it was, but not sure either, so...Just wondering if I got it right or not. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-25-2014, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
James has alo not attend the past years and he is now already 7 years old.
Is there a reason why he almost never attends this kind of gatherings?
Old 12-25-2014, 12:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post

BTW...That was The Band of The Royal Marines playing first God Save The Queen and then Silent Night, right? Dad asked if I knew and judging from the uniforms, that's who I said it was, but not sure either, so...Just wondering if I got it right or not. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
That is indeed the Band of Her Majesty's Royal Marines. Most likely chosen because 2104 is their 350th anniversary (and also because they're the best military band in the world ).

Tags
christmas