British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this the first time he's made a Christmas address to the armed forces? I hope that he makes this an annual event.

I have to admit to being really impressed by Prince Charles Christmas address to the military at Christmas. I love the way he backs them up, validates them and the duties they perform, whether under the gun or humanitarian.

I, too, was impressed. :flowers:

I think this is an absolutely lovely tradition that will be kept up in the future. I bet everybody gets together and has a ball!

Great tradition. Allows all the family, including those who may not make it to Sandringham this year, to celebrate together. I hope the tradition continues woth Charles, especially if those included at sandringham get paired down with him, allow the extended family to still all gather :)

Lady Sarah's Hat

At first I thought Lady Sarah was wearing an unusual version of one of her flying saucer hats- but it was the rear view mirror!

Great tradition. Allows all the family, including those who may not make it to Sandringham this year, to celebrate together. I hope the tradition continues woth Charles, especially if those included at sandringham get paired down with him, allow the extended family to still all gather :)

I have no doubt this tradition will carry into the next reign, it seems like a relaxed occasion to bring the whole family together.

I think this is an absolutely lovely tradition that will be kept up in the future. I bet everybody gets together and has a ball!

Yes I agree. The BRF is so very large now that I'm not sure that even Windsor Castles has enough available bedrooms to accommodate QEII's immediate family and her cousins and their families.

Lucky Kate...she has the best chauffeurs! lol I see George back there too!

The media kills me...still trying to make it seem like Harry is moping around in a state of depression. Good grief.

LaRae

Lucky Kate...she has the best chauffeurs! lol I see George back there too!

The media kills me...still trying to make it seem like Harry is moping around in a state of depression. Good grief.

LaRae

Wow for a second I admit I didn't recognize William:ohmy: I was wondering why Harry had a chauffeur drive him. Maybe William didn't trust his driving skills wth his don (didn't see Kate in back in photo first saw).

But yes the papers seem to be going out of the way to make Harry some love sick puppy who is miserable whenever not with Meghan.

Princess Alexandra is there...in a car driven by her son, James.

No Marina though.

I can't imagine the Gloucester's not showing up.

I don't know why the media focusses only on the 'central' ones even at these occasions. This and Trooping are the only times we see others. Maybe bcos other than a very few people like me, no one cares about them..

It's not really about who "cares" about them. It's about how much the paps can get for a picture. A picture of Catherine or George is worth more than a picture of The Duchess of Gloucester. It's what sells unfortunately. Other royals are an after thought.

Exactly. The media coverage that we get from certain occasions such as the Queen's Christmas Lunch is based solely on the exploitation value that text and pictures can garner from it.

On the other hand, its a happy and wonderful gathering of family who probably don't give a fig what the media coverage is like.

Really lovely to see the Duchess of Kent in attendance we don't see enough of her!

Princess Alexandra is there...in a car driven by her son, James.

No Marina though.

I can't imagine the Gloucester's not showing up.

The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester were there.

The elusive Duchess of Kent was seen yet not one photo of Andrew of the Wessex's...

It could have been, to paraphrase an old Joe Cocker tune, that they came in through the bathroom window.... err back door. Andrew may have even been staying in his apartments in the palace. :D

It could have been, to paraphrase an old Joe Cocker tune, that they came in through the bathroom window.... err back door. Andrew may have even been staying in his apartments in the palace. :D

They did go in another entrance hence why no photos of them. Bit of a shame really as Louise and James haven't been for the past couple of years so it would have been nice to see them this year. Oh well!

Andrew and the Wessexes all have rooms in BP, they were probably already there.

Exactly. Unless they were just arriving in London today, there would be no reason for an 'arrival' as they live there. Wouldn't have seen much of the kids anyways, and we just saw Louise and James at ascot on his birthday.

A large crowd gathered to see the arrivals and departures of over 70 members of the extended Royal Family although the Duke of York and the Wessex family arrived and exited by one of the garden gates and were only glimpsed driving across the Palace forecourt.
Amongst those, however, who we did collectively recognised were:
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall
The Duke of Cambridge, driving with Prince Harry was front seat passenger,and the Duchess and the children, George and Charlotte.
The Duke of York - as aforementioned
Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, arrived separately but left together
The Earl and Countess of Wessex, with Lady Louise and Viscount Severn - as aforementioned
The Princess Royal and Sir Tim Laurence. He walked back to St James's Palace alone after lunch
Mr Peter Phillips, walked in alone but left with Autumn, Savannah and Isla, who had arrived with Mia Tindall
Mr Mike and Mrs Zara Tindall
Viscount and Viscountess Linley with the Hon Charles and the Hon Margarita Armstrong-Jones
Lady Sarah and Mr Daniel Chatto (no sons with them in their car)
The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester
The Earl and Countess of Ulster with Baron Culldoen and Lady Cosima Windsor
Lady Davina Lewis with Senna and Tāne
Lady Rose Gilman with Lyla and Rufus
The Duke and Duchess of Kent with Lady Marina Charlotte Windsor
The Earl and Countess of St Andrews
Lady Amelia Windsor who arrived in a taxi with Miss Zenouska Mowatt
Lord and Lady Nicholas in a taxi with Albert, Leopold and Louis
Lady Helen and Mr Timothy Taylor with, we think, Cassius, Eloise and Estella
Prince and Princess Michael with Lady Gabriella Windsor
Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor with Maud and Isabella
Princess Alexandra
Mr and Mrs James Ogilvy, Flora and Alexander
Ms Marina Ogilvy and Christian
The British Royals Message Board: Buckingham Palace lunch

PS Mr George Gilman was in the car with his wife, Lady Rose, when she left with their children
The British Royals Message Board: Re: Buckingham Palace lunch

PPS Lord Downpatrick was also seen waking away from the Palace after the lunch.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom