Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-26-2015, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

No Commander but Vice Admiral.

Here he is, with red scarf.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The royal ladies all looked very elegant on Christmas morning on their way to the church service.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think they all looked great dressed up in their best Christmas finery but, IMO, the person that really stole the show has to be HM, The Queen. That red outfit with the black fur trim were the perfect accessories to her beaming smile.

To me though, they could have been all wearing potato sacks as I think the most heartwarming part of the whole morning is to see generations of a family all gathered together to attend Christmas morning services together. You don't see that too much anymore.

I Agree..HM was perfect and the other royal ladies rotated in her orbit. A collective stylish turnout, but HM was stunning.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:36 PM
Nobility

The Royal Family Attend Church On Christmas Day - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 12-26-2015, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think they all looked great dressed up in their best Christmas finery but, IMO, the person that really stole the show has to be HM, The Queen. That red outfit with the black fur trim were the perfect accessories to her beaming smile.

To me though, they could have been all wearing potato sacks as I think the most heartwarming part of the whole morning is to see generations of a family all gathered together to attend Christmas morning services together. You don't see that too much anymore.
The pictures do take you back to a time when the whole family went to church. Sadly, it's become a rare thing to see.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-26-2015, 08:19 PM
Courtier

I wonder what made her decide to wear mink and chinchilla. She hasn't worn fur in years. It looked stunning.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
I wonder what made her decide to wear mink and chinchilla. She hasn't worn fur in years. It looked stunning.
She wore the fur coat to the same early service a couple of years ago - this is 2013

Queen wears fur to Sandringham sparking fury from animal rights groups - Mirror Online

Also fur trim

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rc...51265840623289

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-26-2015, 10:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
She wore the fur coat to the same early service a couple of years ago - this is 2013

Queen wears fur to Sandringham sparking fury from animal rights groups - Mirror Online
She also wore this fur coat in 2014 for the same event.

I think this is her 'normal' early morning Christmas Service coat.
She has probably been wearing this fur coat to this Christmas Service since the coat was purchased but she was never/rarely photographed in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
Forgive me if this has been covered but where was Commander Tim Lawrence?
He was in the front. Normally he is in the back.

This year they arrived by the 'ages' of the Queen's children with their own children.

Prince Philip accompanied by his daughter Princess Anne
Prince Charles and Camilla
Tim (Filing in Princess Anne's spot.)
William Harry Catherine*
Andrew Beatrice & Eugenie
Edward Sophie Louise & James

IMO, W, H & C were walking too slow and Tim over took them.
(See videos RF page 65 post 1287 by Royal Norway.)
Old 12-26-2015, 11:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Don't know why anyone would get upset over The Queen wearing fur. She's been wearing the same furs for years. When the State Opening of Parliament took place in November, she wore white fur capes. Women and men wear fur, and it remains the most elegant attire one can wear. The Queen was the only one who beautifully stood out at Christmas service.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-26-2015, 11:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Don't know why anyone would get upset over The Queen wearing fur. She's been wearing the same furs for years. When the State Opening of Parliament took place in November, she wore white fur capes. Women and men wear fur, and it remains the most elegant attire one can wear. The Queen was the only one who beautifully stood out at Christmas service.

Fur is now appropriately recognized as needlessly cruel to animals and many oppose wearing it.

I personally make an exception for antique furs, but oppose the manufacture of new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-27-2015, 12:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Fur is now appropriately recognized as needlessly cruel to animals and many oppose wearing it.

I personally make an exception for antique furs, but oppose the manufacture of new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
People often forget that The Queen have lots of fur coats and capes, and has had them for decades. Sometimes her dressers often incorporate her old furs in new creations.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-27-2015, 03:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I wonder how may bedrooms there are at Sandringham House as the media always make it sound very over crowded at Christmas!
Here is an aerial view of Sandringham from the rear.
Although it does not answer your question, it shows the size of Sandringham House.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...925741d92e.jpg

It would be interesting to know who lives where.
Who lives in the 'main house?
Who lives in the 'L' shape that is attached to main house?
Who lives in the reddish brown section?
Who lives in the 'smaller' house to the left?

The smaller house connects to the main house.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:04 AM
Nobility

Daily Fail up to it's usual standards (nice pictures though)

"Prince Philip also walked to the church beside Princess Maragret, who sported a festive shade of red with a scarlet coat and hat"
Old 12-27-2015, 10:09 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm wondering if the people at the DF will even notice there's been a mistake. I seriously doubt it as they're all conspiring on the latest footage to pull some kind of "scoop of dirt" out of nothing at all.

I do admit though that they do have some of the best photographs though. Now if only their journalistic talents could be brought up to the same level.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-27-2015, 10:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post

"Prince Philip also walked to the church beside Princess Maragret, who sported a festive shade of red with a scarlet coat and hat"
If he did, everyone should start running! These crazy mistakes, lol.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-27-2015, 10:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post

But at least the readers of DM know that it was princess Anne and not her dead aunt....
Old 12-27-2015, 10:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Here is an aerial view of Sandringham from the rear.
Although it does not answer your question, it shows the size of Sandringham House.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...925741d92e.jpg

It would be interesting to know who lives where.
Who lives in the 'main house?
Who lives in the 'L' shape that is attached to main house?
Who lives in the reddish brown section?
Who lives in the 'smaller' house to the left?

The smaller house connects to the main house.
Complete speculation but I imagine the Queen and DofE have rooms in the 'main' part of the house along with the main reception rooms.
I suspect the reddish brown section contain staff offices and staff bedrooms and maybe a few extra guest bedrooms.
When you look at it like this you can see that the house is not really that big for 30 guests and all the staff. (Of course it is a big house for any 'normal' family).
Old 12-27-2015, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree i have the same feeling that Sandringham seems "small" for so many guests.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

In pictures: The Queen attends church in Sandringham with members of the Royal Family - News - Eastern Daily Press

Tags
christmas