British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some extra photos from Christmas morning @ the Church of St Mary Magdalene in Sandringham

PPE Agency

A crowd video from yesterday.

I have no issues with the young girl wearing sneakers to church. The higher power doesn't care what is on her feet. Also she not the first to wear comfortable shoes for a long walk. Hell I wear full on dresses and always bring comfy shoes to change into. Meh.

I listened to HM's Christmas speech this afternoon and I have to say I really liked this year's speech because it mentioned topical issues and seemed quite modern in its style to me - and I loved the choir singing at the beginning. Cute to see the photos she has of George and Charlotte on the desk too.

On another note, does anyone have any photos of the Snowdons at Sandringham this year? I could only manage to find one of the Earl and his son.

I never really watched the speech as she is not ''my'' Monarch, but even I got a slight lump in my throat thinking back to Manchester and the Grenfell fire. Those were such true testaments to human kindness and rallying by civilians.

I've never heard of the usage "Fab Four" before but I do think they seem tight. I'm happy that Harry finally has a companion and isn't just a third wheel or lone wolf of the Wales branch.

It definitely is noted in Prince Harry's happy expression that he is not a third wheel.
I like the fact that Queen Elizabeth II had a bunch of daffodils before the church service. Daffodils are a true sign of Spring!

:previous:
Ah, yes but we can dream of spring can't we and besides those flowers smell heavenly and the if you touch the petals they are so soft.

A crowd video from yesterday.

I have no issues with the young girl wearing sneakers to church. The higher power doesn't care what is on her feet. Also she not the first to wear comfortable shoes for a long walk. Hell I wear full on dresses and always bring comfy shoes to change into. Meh.

Lovely video (minus the awful music). I wonder if Harry and Meghan/William and Kate split the crowd. Besides the one interaction with the woman in the wheelchair (?), Harry and Meghan didn't seem to interact, but later pics show Meghan and Harry with several bouquets. Whereas William and Kate interacted with those close to the church. But Harry was definitely less interactive this year. I hope this doesn't become a trend.

Still a little sad we didn't see more crowd interaction. That has always been my favorite part of Sandringham. The Mirror and some other papers said that those who lined the route were not pleased with the lack of engagement from the royals. Wonder why they were more distant this year.

Still a little sad we didn't see more crowd interaction. That has always been my favorite part of Sandringham. The Mirror and some other papers said that those who lined the route were not pleased with the lack of engagement from the royals. Wonder why they were more distant this year.

My guesstimate is that they were erring on the side of caution. Especially after what has happened in the UK recently. We saw the results of that in the very much beefed up security implemented among the crowds gathering for the traditional walk to church. The Queen, herself, even recognized this in her Christmas speech this year.

So, in a nutshell, I think they were being rightfully wary.

Isn't there also a timing element involved? There was a lot of people, but the queen had already returned to her home in her car. The young royals walk back to the house. They could not have stayed too long interacting with the crowds as they would have risked returning late. The royal are on a strict time table for Christmas day.

My guesstimate is that they were erring on the side of caution. Especially after what has happened in the UK recently. We saw the results of that in the very much beefed up security implemented among the crowds gathering for the traditional walk to church. The Queen, herself, even recognized this in her Christmas speech this year.

So, in a nutshell, I think they were being rightfully wary.

I think I read that they were actually ‘wanding’ some of the onlookers.

They were wanding the crowd. I saw a pic of a little kid being scanned over.

I listened to HM's Christmas speech this afternoon and I have to say I really liked this year's speech because it mentioned topical issues and seemed quite modern in its style to me - and I loved the choir singing at the beginning. Cute to see the photos she has of George and Charlotte on the desk too.

On another note, does anyone have any photos of the Snowdons at Sandringham this year? I could only manage to find one of the Earl and his son.

I thought I saw Serena in a photo--not sure if it was Sunday or Christmas though. The Chattos were there as well.

Isn't there also a timing element involved? There was a lot of people, but the queen had already returned to her home in her car. The young royals walk back to the house. They could not have stayed too long interacting with the crowds as they would have risked returning late. The royal are on a strict time table for Christmas day.

Kate told someone in the crowd they all had to get back for tea. I think they were on a schedule and that's why they didn't stay long. No one really did. In other videos you see them stop once or twice but that's it. Though I get why folks were disappointed.

I’ve deleted the discussion about the Queen’s great-grandchildren and whether they’re official royals. Let’s get back on topic, please.

I’m 95% percent sure the T & L got the model of Meghan boots wrong. The heel she has looks slightly slimmer at the bottom than that of the proposed model. There’s a similar looking model with a similar heel thickness at the bottom- I think the name was highland.

They could be a pair she's had for awhile also. Right brand wrong model etc.

LaRae

Emily Andrews‏Verified account
@byEmilyAndrews

MoreOn #Meghanmarkle’s first royal Christmas at Sandringham #PrinceHarry said: “the family loved having her there... we had an amazing time staying with my brother & sister-in-law and running around with the kids... it’s the family she’s never had”

Last edited by a moderator:
aHa! Confirms what I thought would happen. Harry and Meghan stayed at Anmer Hall with the Cambridges. That had to have been a fun time especially for the kids being able to play with Uncle Harry. :D

Yep! I think several of us figured she'd be staying there! Sounds like they had a great time too!

Harry's gotten a little flack for his wording (twitter world) but so far nothing major.

LaRae

Is there any truth to Prince Harry skipping Boxing Day shoot to please Meghan? I keep reading this headline, but I find it hard to believe since he very recently went boar hunting (if that was true). I am not sure what to believe anymore in the news. Anyway, here is one of the articles that says this:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5205027/prince-harry-to-miss-boxing-day-shoot/

Also, I put this in the British Royal Christmas thread since the Boxing Day Shoots is part of their tradition. I wasn't sure of anyplace else to put it.

I think that is just the media trying to spin that story.

LaRae

Give the media a thread and they'll knit a story out of it. :D

Its just possible that with staying at Amner with Meghan, he chose to forgo the Boxing Day shoot and spend the time with family at Anmer. This is a man that has been craving his own family life for a while now and now that he's going to get it, he's going to revel in it.

Harry and Meghan just don't come off as the kind of a couple where one would "make" the other do or don't do something. At least, not to me.

I bet he would just rather spend the day hugged up with his gorgeous new fiance, vs. running around in the cold shooting at animals.

Considering she didn't blink when he went boar hunting recently, I say the story is made up. Trying to stir up trouble as usual :bang:

Tad surprised that they stayed at Anmer. Only because I would have thought the Middletons would be there. I have a feeling Kate's family didn't join them this year at Anmer. Not sure Harry and Meghan would have been there.

Do we know they were even there at Boxing day?? As said, he may want to be enjoying his fiancé. Being in a noisy house with kids may not add to that. Its always a bit uncomfortable being in someone else's home, being a guest. Having any real private time either.

They probably left at some point on Boxing Day to return to London as Harry was in studio bright and early this morning. I wish people would stop using Meghan on these stories. She loves rescue dogs, but she’s hardly an animal rights activist like PETA. I’m sure she’s for conservation and not hun endangered species, but she eats meat. And someone had to kill those animal for those of us that are meat eaters to eat. So I’m sure she’s not against all humane and legal hunting.

For all we know she went along with him! I understand that is done too...there is the main hunting party and then others who go along with them to watch or whatever.

LaRae

Considering she didn't blink when he went boar hunting recently, I say the story is made up. Trying to stir up trouble as usual :bang:

That is what I suspected, just like they are making a big deal about PH statement of "the family she never had." Not only does the media make a big deal, MM half-sister Samantha takes every opportunity to stir up trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom