The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-25-2014, 02:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Is there a reason why he almost never attends this kind of gatherings?
Seven year old boys can be very squirmy.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-25-2014, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Is there a reason why he almost never attends this kind of gatherings?
In wondered about that too because i think he should be old enough now to attend. Don't remeber when Louise started to attend but i think it at the latest 2010 when she was the same age as James is now.

Old 12-25-2014, 03:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Emily Andrews
‏@byEmilyAndrews
Prince George didn't miss out on church. He went to Sunday candlelit service at Anmer Church w W&K. Maddison Neal, 8, helped w his lantern.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-25-2014, 03:42 PM
Royal Highness

European Royal Famiy Noel 2014

ROYALS CHRISTMAS 2014 | Selda Göktaş
Old 12-25-2014, 03:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
In wondered about that too because i think he should be old enough now to attend. Don't remeber when Louise started to attend but i think it at the latest 2010 when she was the same age as James is now.
I think Louise started to participate in the family walk from Church on Christmas Day in 2011, after her participation in William and Catherine's wedding, and Trooping the Colour. She was eight years old. Perhaps we'll see James next year, but it may depend on his ability to sit relatively still, and behave himself. Every child is different, and maybe at this time James is just not up to being a part of this.

I really enjoyed listening to Her Majesty's Christmas Message. I catch it every year. This year's message was quite moving, since as someone pointed out, it relates to what's going on in the world.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-25-2014, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

Is it possible Viscount Severn may be asserting nascent Atheism, and refuses to attend ? #joke
Old 12-25-2014, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

RKD ‏@RoyalKateDebate
Great crowd video! A gift for Lupo & little girl breaks from the crowd to run & give Kate flowers
Old 12-25-2014, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
RKD ‏@RoyalKateDebate
Great crowd video! A gift for Lupo & little girl breaks from the crowd to run & give Kate flowers
Well, that's interesting to listen to. I think I heard one "Sir," no ma'ams and no Catherines.

Also at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/...h-service.html Jill Lee steals a kiss from Harry and proclaims his cheek is very smooth.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

I don't recall seeing so many people waiting outside the church for the Royal Family! It was great to see the footage of almost everyone and particularly nice to see Lady Louise.
The Queen's Christmas message was lovely and beautifully filmed, there was a hint of a more personal feel to it than in previous years.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:47 AM
Royal Highness

The Queen invokes the spirit of reconciliation - Telegraph

Quote:
We have heard much this year – the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War – about remembrance. The blood-red field of ceramic poppies outside the Tower of London, each symbolising a life cut short in that industrialised slaughter, captured the imagination of the nation, made us think anew about what it must have been like to be on those awful, muddy fields, to have been summoned to make the ultimate sacrifice for King and country.

In her Christmas message yesterday, Her Majesty the Queen did indeed evoke that theme of sacrifice and loss. Upon visiting the poppies, she said: “The only possible reaction to seeing them and walking among them was silence. For every poppy a life; and a reminder of the grief of loved ones left behind.”
Yet her chosen theme was not remembrance, but reconciliation. In a world scarred by war and conflict, in which our political discourse seems more rancorous than ever, it was not only useful but necessary to be reminded that we can also put our divisions behind us. Her Majesty began by invoking the image of Coventry Cathedral – destroyed in a later and no less terrible conflict – but also dwelt on the Christmas truce of 1914, the most tangible possible proof of how shared humanity can break through institutional enmity, if only for a moment.

It was a similar story with Her Majesty’s visit to Belfast: there, she was able to see how the Crumlin Road jail, once a place of misery, “is now a place of hope and fresh purpose; a reminder of what is possible when people reach out to one another”. The pointed mentions of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, and of the Scottish referendum campaign, suggested a similar hope – though couched in Her Majesty’s customary oblique and respectful fashion – that the wounds within the Union can also be healed.
This was not just a Christmas message, but a Christian one. The Queen has always been not just the head of the Anglican Church, but one of its most devout members. Yesterday, she spoke explicitly about Christ’s role as “an inspiration and an anchor in my life” – and about how Jesus incarnated the very virtues of reconciliation, compassion and forgiveness about which she was speaking.

On that Christmas Day 100 years ago, the German soldiers sang a carol that talked of a Christmas centuries before: Silent Night. That moment was, said Her Majesty, a reminder that “peace and goodwill have lasting power in the hearts of men and women”, and that “even in the unlikeliest of places, hope can still be found”. That is a sentiment, and an inspiration, that should remain with us long after Christmas itself has passed.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:57 AM
Royal Highness

Now ex-IRA chief stars in the Queen's message: Martin McGuinness seen accompanying Monarch during Irish visit as part of Her Majesty's speech on reconciliation* | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-26-2014, 10:11 AM
Nobility

Did Princess Margaret‘s children, as well as Zara and their respective families all attend?
Old 12-26-2014, 10:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
Did Princess Margaret‘s children, as well as Zara and their respective families all attend?

Zara was in Australia with her family but Lord Linley and Sarah Chatto attended with their children.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:00 AM
Serene Highness

The Linleys or the family of Lady Sarah Chatto do not attend Sandringham every year but alternates with spending Christmas with their other sides of families. This year they didn't attend.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Zara was in Australia with her family but Lord Linley and Sarah Chatto attended with their children.
Lord Linley and Sarah Chatto and their families did not attend Christmas at Sandringham this year. It was the immediate family this year.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-26-2014, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Is there any news on the Duchess of Cornwall? I believe she missed the Christmas Day service due to a back pain?
Old 12-26-2014, 12:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Is there any news on the Duchess of Cornwall?
No, I think not.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its was a pity the Duchess was not able to attend the Christmas Day Service.
Old 12-26-2014, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Middleton's must have slipped in and out of church without much notice because we only got two pictures of them attending.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-26-2014, 02:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The Middleton's must have slipped in and out of church without much notice because we only got two pictures of them attending.
From daily fail mail. I'm not sure if we can trust what they write.

Quote:
The Mail has learnt that the Middletons were personally invited by the Queen to join the congregation at Sandringham yesterday, although they tactfully chose to drive themselves directly from Anmer and arrived shortly before the royal party at the main entrance.

Tags
christmas