The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-22-2014, 11:16 AM
Serene Highness

Exactly. She said herself in a documentary '' I am old and slow and can't be everywhere'' She has done her part for decades and I am sure grannies girls are happy to take some duties on.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
It isn't a problem.

I just don't see the necessity for them to do so and can't understand why people keeping thinking that they should do so.

It is almost as if people are demanding to control what the royal family share with us rather than accepting what they decide to share.

It is demands like this that explain why William is so paranoid about the public and his privacy - he is controlling what people are seeing with regards to George and I get the feeling that he is setting the agenda on this - a more private and less open BRF because the public seem to think they have a right to see everything.

If The Queen and Philip do decide to ever release a new family photo - good - but it should be an expectation.
I think you're exaggerating what's being said here a bit, Bertie. No one is demanding that they release such a photo, rather we're saying that it would be nice if they did this. I have no expectation that the BRF will ever release such a picture, I just wish that they would because it's the kind of picture I would like to see - I enjoy seeing the pictures of the whole family leading up to the 90s and I understand why they stopped doing them (between the aging family and the fractures that occurred in the 90s it makes sense), but it would still be nice to get one of the whole family again, particularly now that there's a return of stability to the family and since I don't think they've released a shot of the Queen, DoE, and all their grandchildren before.

Also, on the issue of how much William is letting the public see George... okay, we need to be realistic here. While William hasn't always released the best pictures of his son or the ones that put George as the focal point, he hasn't actually hidden his son away. We've gotten regular pictures of him since he was born - there was the introduction to the press when they left the hospital, the pictures that Michael Middleton took shortly afterwards, a lot of access at the christening despite it being a private event, pap. photos of George and Kate when they went on vacation last January, the official photo released before the Australia/New Zealand tour, a lot of access on the tour, George watching a polo match with his mother, the official photos released for his birthday, the revelation of the photo they used as a gift on the Australia/New Zealand tour, and now the Christmas pictures. With one exception every time they've released pictures it's been at least 2, usually more. We've had a lot of access to George. William has not hidden him away in Kensington Palace, the most he's done is request that paps not take pictures of George while he's out with his nanny - which is actually a very fair request, and not unlike the similar requests that celebrities with children have been making.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

VIDEO: The Queen attends Sandringham service - Independent.ie
Old 12-22-2014, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
clarencehouse
4 hours ago
Feeling festive here @clarencehouse #MerryChristmas
Instagram

A very creative wreath.

Wow...What a lovely and traditional wreath. I used to know all the symbolism behind what's on that wreath and why, but it's been so long since I learned it that...Well...You know how that goes. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-23-2014, 02:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Martin @CourtierUK · 6h 6 hours ago
Members of the Royal Family will begin arriving at Sandringham over the next two days to join The Queen and Prince Philip for Christmas day.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-23-2014, 03:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I enjoy seeing the pictures of the whole family leading up to the 90s and I understand why they stopped doing them
They have not stopped releasing them. The last photo was in 2007 to celebrate the 60th wedding anniversary of The Queen and Prince Philip.

Everyone was in the photo except the Duchess of Kent and Louise who was still a child. Autumn was included even though she was only engaged to Peter Phillip.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:03 PM
Courtier

The Queen 2014 Christmas Message:

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-new...4987/#53914987

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-24-2014, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

NBC have posted this in breach of the official embargo. I imagine that someone is in deep trouble and HMQ will not be happy.

I think this should not be posted.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-24-2014, 12:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Harry is enjoying a restful escape to Sandringham, but was forced to play without his brother the Duke of Cambridge who sat out due to a twisted ankle-
Prince Harry shows off his skills in Christmas Eve village football match - Telegraph

It's a family affair: Prince Harry is joined by James Middleton in annual Sandringham Christmas Eve football match -
Prince Harry joined by James Middleton in Sandringham Christmas Eve football match | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-24-2014, 12:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
The Queen 2014 Christmas Message:

Queen's Christmas message: Time to reflect - Video on NBCNews.com

That is actually the 2013 Christmas Broadcast...
Old 12-24-2014, 01:02 PM
Courtier

British Royal Christmas 2008-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
That is actually the 2013 Christmas Broadcast...

Thank you. You are right What happened was earlier today someone posted on twitter that NBC News had broke the embargo and posted the Queen Christmas which in fact they did (there is a screenshot somewhere) but it was removed...
After a couple hours

I ask someone where it was because I could not find it and they sent me this video and after I posted it I remembered that same headline from last year and ask the person if they were sure it was 2014 as people's were saying it was 2013. And Martin from royal central replied that it was from 2013

That person had watch it and when they back to history and tried to access it it did not work.

So NBC did post but was quickly removed

I apologize

Old 12-24-2014, 01:04 PM
Courtier

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1419440677.742845.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	293019The Queen giving her 2014 Christmas Message:
Old 12-24-2014, 01:28 PM
Royal Highness

The Palace will not like this, good that NBC removed it quickly.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

1. Rookie ‏@royalfocus1 42 mins42 minutes ago
    If it's fine for @pressassoc to pap annual Christmas Eve football match then surely everyone can! http://shr.gs/uvOBD6i

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 32 mins32 minutes ago
    @royalfocus1 Were you there, Rookie? I don't see any problem in photographing them at this match.

Rookie ‏@royalfocus1 3 mins3 minutes ago
    @RoyalReporter I don't see a problem but #PrinceHarry obviously does but @pressassoc get to go to Afghan with him and pap him #okforsome
Old 12-24-2014, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

So happy that it has been removed.

Apologies for assuming re the above video (which is from last yr). I didn't play it because I didnt want to see the real thing before Christmas Day.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
So happy that it has been removed.

Apologies for assuming re the above video (which is from last yr). I didn't play it because I didnt want to see the real thing before Christmas Day.
I didn't even bother looking at it because I want to watch it when it actually airs.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-24-2014, 02:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

C-SPAN Coverage of The Queen's Christmas Message 2014: 5:22AM
Queen Elizabeth II Christmas Address | Video | C-SPAN.org

BBC One: 3PM UK Time-
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II delivers her annual address in the Christmas message to the nation and Commonwealth.
BBC One - The Queen, 2014

Outside of UK Viewers-
tvpc.com - BBC 1

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

For Canadians. The Queen's Christmas Message (HD)

CBC.ca - Program Guide - Programs
Old 12-24-2014, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

The CSPAN link is also saying it's airing 1043 PM on Christmas Eve

oops that should be 1046 PM from the CSPAN page

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-24-2014, 03:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The CSPAN link is also saying it's airing 1043 PM on Christmas Eve